The Grand Tour (Clarkson, May & Hammond)

Yes, the latest 2 part Namibia episode were good, the series is improving as it goes on, which is good, the main thing to improve now is some of the "tent / studio" stuff...

Reactions: BBR
Think episode 12 and 13 were the best and more of them as they used to be

Just hope Hammond stops trying so hard in the studio / tent.

Yes, less scripted, or at least less obviously scripted. However I still think the opening sequence of episode 1 was the best thing they have ever done.

Yes I'd agree with that - was very good [emoji3]

Jeremy Clarkson plays an oaf. And is hugely successful doing it. Most people can understand what's going on. But this is TP. Sneer central. What did anyone expect? A comparison between a Cortina and a Triumph Dolomite?

Last edited:
Yeah... successful b*****d.

Entertaining people for a fee... f*****g whore.

Photographers...w******s, every man jack of 'em.

:LOL:

3 guys doing what we would all(car nutters at least) really want to do.

Clarkson plays an idiot very well, but he IS very smart and obviously does something right to be in the position he is.

May is also very smart, but does the Captain Slow thing naturally. [emoji23]

Hammond is on his a t***, but all three of them together are a great team and I will for sure continue to watch.

They can’t get a whole series completed without some useless and stupid stuff thrown in, but on the whole, I enjoy it waaaaay better than the likes of Fifth Gear who try their hardest to compete, but fail miserably....IMVHO. [emoji16]

I've just watched the 1st episode and thought it was the best one they have done since they were on Top Gear.

You can see it has evolved from the first series, getting rid of unpopular stuff, to be more like Top Gear was when they did it. It was a winning formula after all. Saying that, I'm not sure the new stars racing on a track will stay as it is because their track looks very boring and not very fast. :rolleyes: I suppose they can't do the 'star in a reasonably priced car' for legal reasons.

I loved the underplaying of the Hammond crash. :LOL:

If it stays as funny as that every week I'll be happy. :)

Just watched the first episode, i thouight it was pretty good, they could have got a better car than the Jag for the celeb bit but im so glda the american is gone.

Jesus! how quick is the Rimac

Im going to go against the grain. Don't get me wrong its still OK but its a mere shadow of what the three of them used to be

Are they still doing that thing where they waste 5 minutes of every episode pretending to kill a celebrity?

I,ll have to watch it. I applied for tickets for the live recording of the show and after a few emails am now waiting on a phone call to get in
It's not as good as top gear at its best but they are still funny as a group and work well together. Chris Evans is proof any old fool can't do it well

I am a bit of an Alfa Romeo nut, so it shouldn't come as any surprise that I also like Top Gear. At the weekend I was looking for reviews of the Giulia Quadrifoglio which is their fastest production car ever, and I came across a youtube video which featured a modern take on this car, the Alfa Romeo Disco Volante of the 1950's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Disco_Volante

This is Clarkson though, reviewing the new take on the Disco Volante.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxF9vFJezRA

Are they still doing that thing where they waste 5 minutes of every episode pretending to kill a celebrity?
No, they have got rid of that, due to the bad feed back, as well as the redneck American driving the cars. Not sure whether they are are going to time cars and put them on a leader board, because the American was setting times on a different track to what they have now. :-/

Why have I spent 1500 words systematically unpicking The Grand Tour?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely questioning my own life choices

If you're going to spend 1500 words unpicking TGT for reasons of accuracy and factuality then you probably should be questioning your life choices. Has the author never heard the words spoof or parody?

Well episode 2 was a bit dull.
I agree. Was there any doubt that the car would win the challenge. :rolleyes:

The two 'stars' racing each other would be helped by knowing the two people in involved. I knew Kevin Pietersen, even though I am not a Cricket fan, but not the other chap. :thinking: The track they raced on didn't seem any more exciting a track this week.

Is episode 2 the one with the X100 (Jag XK8) in it for something? I've seen a trailer featuring the car (for about 1/2 a second!) and would like to see what they do with a 20 year old GT!

Is episode 2 the one with the X100 (Jag XK8) in it for something? I've seen a trailer featuring the car (for about 1/2 a second!) and would like to see what they do with a 20 year old GT!
No XK8 in episode 2. Most of it was Clarkson in a Ford GT racing May and Hammond flying to Niagara Falls.

Apart from the Ford GT, what other American products were there? :thinking: Nothing else stands out for me.
Ford GT is a global car and orders were accepted from around the world. Plus it is built in Canada so it isn't really American.

Back