The Grand Tour (Clarkson, May & Hammond)

Amazon have signed for (and paid for) 36 episodes over 3 years, it would likely take death to prevent those being made now.

lets not forget it's been a huge moneyspinner for Amazon. Thats all that matters

lets not forget it's been a huge moneyspinner for Amazon. Thats all that matters

Most definitely, and not just the actual 60 minutes a week program, it's given a huge amount of attention and advertising to Amazon and their Prime Video worldwide.

Nowt wrong with episode 4 at all. Usual tomfoolery with a slight hint of cars.

Dear BBC, I love the new show. I'm glad you got rid of that shouty Evans fellow and got those three back again. And it seems the Stig has put on a pound or two. One problem though, I have to switch to our digibox to watch it. What's that all about?
A. Dope. Leicester

Last edited:
Spoiler alert:

"Turbos on an engine are God's way of telling you it ain't got enough cylinders,"

Last edited:
Not seen 4 yet but watched 3 over the weekend and thought it was brilliant - this was TG at its best, laughed loads!

Not seen 4 yet but watched 3 over the weekend and thought it was brilliant - this was TG at its best, laughed loads!

Really? I thought non of the new shows came even close to the watchability and the sheer laugh out load joy of top gear at its best

I've no doubt amazon regard it as a huge success for them. I'm sure it is, but its lack the addictiveness of the early BBC series, Its still good don't get me wrong, but before it was compelling viewing. Now it can wait

Last edited:
I thought episode 4 was very poor. The whole premise that an eco car is a Land/Range Rover chassis with a different 'body' was ludicrous. And then the types of 'body' they chose. :rolleyes: Still got the killing the star section too. :( Still worth watching, but only just.

It may be rubbish. But they are clearly not going to retire when they are so successful.

Last edited:
It was good to see the Golden Earring play again, well until they died :( I really enjoyed the episode, great looking audience as well :p

I wished they put a bit of Donkervoort and Spycker in the show, or even DAF but I was happy with the Police on 'mountain' bikes and how I remembered them in their Porsche 911's. Yes decent episode. I'm still getting used to the new format, I never thought I would miss the chat episode with a guest but actually I now learned I quite do.

Loved the feature in Morocco and I think it showed that not everything is scripted including some of the studio segments.

I watched the first two episodes but won't bother with any more. While I find them amusing presenters generally, it is now veering off into repetitive childish stupidity. The visiting stars not making it to the set was perhaps mildly amusing the first time, but talk about flogging a dead horse....

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH....Just watched episode 2 and just dire, although Jezza stuck in the window.......was a little ironic...:eek:

I watched ep 4 this afternoon, it was stupidly funny enough to fill an hour quite well.

I've finally watched a few of these and quite enjoyed it
Not as good as the best top gear shows, but miles better than the latest variant with Chris Evans
Glad to say it's had me laughing out loud at a few funny bits. Clarkson coming out the helicopter had me in stitches

yep, episode 2 had whole family ready to bail but episode 3 was more like the old magic and a chortle now and then.

Just watched episode 5 and found it one of the better episodes so far. Getting past half way without having the 'stars' come on, and I thought they had dropped the feature, sadly not. :rolleyes:

I wonder how much Clarkson & co got paid to plug the Alfa Romeo, :eek: because it looks like a very flawed car. :rolleyes: They do seem to have a thing for Alfa's. If you are going to race cars, and spend so long showing the race, I think you should say how much one car was faster than the other, which they didn't do. Sometimes the times are everything to them. :thinking:

Not sure I'm too happy about what they seemingly did with the animals, even in jest, especially when the whole sequence proved nothing. :(

I found 5 so boring....really boring.............

No doubt, I''ll watch 6, but I'm guessing I should really just give up at this point. I think they are suffering from the same problems as the TG team - they are trying too hard!!!!

Just watched episode 5 and found it one of the better episodes so far. Getting past half way without having the 'stars' come on, and I thought they had dropped the feature, sadly not. :rolleyes:

I wonder how much Clarkson & co got paid to plug the Alfa Romeo, :eek: because it looks like a very flawed car. :rolleyes: They do seem to have a thing for Alfa's. If you are going to race cars, and spend so long showing the race, I think you should say how much one car was faster than the other, which they didn't do. Sometimes the times are everything to them. :thinking:

Not sure I'm too happy about what they seemingly did with the animals, even in jest, especially when the whole sequence proved nothing. :(

To be fair, clarkson did point out a huge number of issues with it...

I'm enjoying the new series - comfortable entertainment.

Massive backlash after Hammond suggests that only gay men eat ice cream. Clarkson and May visibility taken back - very stupid comment to make and potentially damaging !

They like to be controversial, to get free publicity. Like Trump they want to be in the news. But this choice of target, the gays, is going to taint them badly. I can't wait to see how much effort they put in to the apology.

Last edited:
I don't think it'll be much of a deal at all.
Prime aren't the delicate flower the BBC seem to have become.

They like to be controversial, to get free publicity. Like Trump they want to be in the news. But this choice of target, the gays, is going to taint them badly. I can't wait to see how much effort they put in to the apology.
No-one has exactly rushed themselves to apologise so far.

I find the whole show purile in the extreme!

Yes but it was that way for a long time before moving to Prime.
That doesn't make it "wrong" though.
I find soaps and reality TV purile in the extreme, but that doesn't mean a lot of people don't enjoy them.

They are not on the BBC now where whatever they said was literally primetime, rather than on Prime, ;) and so have to be a bit more shocking to get the publicity they would have got easily before.

It's publicity, and for such an idiotic thing to say, that I'm not sure they thought anyone would take in anyway serious, because it is such a stupid thing to say. They only needed a few very vocal people to not see the asininity to get the publicity, and people have bit.

'To eat icecream is gay', how can anyone have taken that as in anyway serious. :rolleyes:

I thought the last episode was a bit 'meh' btw.

TBH if they apologise for that they might as well give up now. Like wearing jumpers that spell P E nis, or rolling a condom with the words "how hard can it be" over a stick as they did in the same episode, it's borderline satire, and is intended to be vulgar and distasteful. Is it really reasonable to suggest it is casual homophobia?

Yes but it was that way for a long time before moving to Prime.
That doesn't make it "wrong" though.
I find soaps and reality TV purile in the extreme, but that doesn't mean a lot of people don't enjoy them.
I don't recall I ever mentioned that it was wrong! Just that I thought it was total s***!

Back