The Grand Tour (Clarkson, May & Hammond)

me and wife quite enjoying the GT but I wish they would ditch some of the scripted stuff like conversation street and also the dreadful putting celebrites round that awful track the eboladrome.

me and wife quite enjoying the GT but I wish they would ditch some of the scripted stuff like conversation street and also the dreadful putting celebrites round that awful track the eboladrome.

They don't put celebrities around the Eboladrome?

They don't put celebrities around the Eboladrome?

yeah they do they had two singers on the most recent program they drive that jag thing on the gravel and stuff.

yeah they do they had two singers on the most recent program they drive that jag thing on the gravel and stuff.

The eboladrome is the one the woman takes the actual cars round, no idea what that half track half gravel is called.

He does go into excruciating detail about the cars, generally buys them himself and so gives an owners view, which it sounded like rick wanted rather than entertainment, hence the suggestion
From what I have read, it's Daddy's money that buys the cars. Apparently he is waiting to take delivery of a Ford GT.
The only one of his videos that I saw, by accident. was when I was looking at ordering my Focus RS, his video was on a dealers site and I assumed it was just a Ford promotional video. He just comes across as someone who has had everything done for him and looks like his mum is dressing him.

I thought last week's episode was one of the poorest. Trying to do one of their 'events' as if it was unplanned and unscripted takes better writing and planning than that. ;) :LOL:

Conversely I found the last episode (4) much less dull and contrived than getting accountants to 'race' around the carpark.

So, many episodes of TG are available on Amazon Prime. I'm off sick today (stuff randomly hurts, can't stop coughing, continual headache) and just watched episode 1 of TG21 - apart from liking the theme tune better, it's JUST like TGT.

And hot hatches were better in the 80's (although the music was poo by then). ;)

So, many episodes of TG are available on Amazon Prime. I'm off sick today (stuff randomly hurts, can't stop coughing, continual headache) and just watched episode 1 of TG21 - apart from liking the theme tune better, it's JUST like TGT.

And hot hatches were better in the 80's (although the music was poo by then). ;)
Hot hatches? I hope you get better soon.

Conversely I found the last episode (4) much less dull and contrived than getting accountants to 'race' around the carpark.

Nice idea though although how they got that through the sites health and safety, racing through the car parks...

Getting old is better than the alternative - until the end, when the alternative gets more attractive, I'm told! :p

Getting old is better than growing up. :D

I paid cash for the car, it is still under warranty apart from the engine side if BMW detect the map. The other mods are approved by BMW so no problems with any warranty work. I like the look of the Alfa but don't think I would risk the reliability of it, I actually didn't intend on buying the M3, and was in fact only going in to buy a bike! Much like when in 1986 when I went in for a headlight bulb and came out with a new a new Astra GTE....

Which Bike....?

I thought this week's episode was pretty good. :)

The vehicles in the desert were insane, especially the buggy pulling wheelies. :eek: I knew the two stars racing cars. ;) The actual driving by them is still not as 'exciting' as the original Top Gear track. The final 'behind the scenes' bit looked at behind the scenes of a different video. :rolleyes:

Because the greedy tall one has had a better offer - sod the 2 mates who backed him up when he decided he'd had enough money off the BBC.

I read that they left it to Jeremy to decide, May wasn’t bothered and Hammond wasn’t bothered after crashing again, also, they could start a 4th series negotiation after the 3rd or during the 3rd

That's a shame in a way, though I suspect the series may have run its course in terms of ideas. And amazon have now got TG on prime too, though having watched a few episodes on the new version from series 24, it's a pale shadow of the original let alone TGT.

I have just read in my Flipboard that series 3 will be the last.

They’ve just announced season 4.

4-E7-CDCF7-F966-4-F9-C-A014-BAF4-F68-A703-D.jpg

I put it on this morning during a Sunday lie-in, it just about stopped me from heading for my morning constitutional so I guess that counts as a win.

It’s 2 episodes the week, a photography holiday special so one on Friday and one on Saturday

got the Columbia 2x parter queued up for when I get home at the weekend.
looking forward to it

got the Columbia 2x parter queued up for when I get home at the weekend.
looking forward to it

Not to p*** on your bonfire but I didn’t enjoy it as much as the previous week. I didn’t think there was that much new over the old top gear “South America” episode

Well, I watched it and I quite enjoyed it. I don't think there is another show of this style that puts quite that much effort into production. Sometimes it even feels over the top, but I'm glad we've got at least one show like this.

Reactions: BBR
Back