The great beard growing thread.....

Edit My Images
Yes
I have decided to grow a full beard.

I will shave it this weekend and then let it commence to the point where I do not cut it until it gets like Brian Wilson (my hero) or Paul Mcartney (circa let if be).

Anyone else fancy growing a beard for the new year....

Maybe call it a 'beard off' - somewhat like a dance off, only beards...:bang:

A splendid idea Pete but I'll pass thanks!

My beard has been in place since I was 17 (33 years ago) - it had a holiday once for a special occasion in 2002 when I shaved it off and kept it off for one week....and, having seen what I look like without it :eek: , I vowed never to shave it off again!!!

Good luck - keep a photo journal of your chin so we can check progress :D

Much as I hate shaving the wife hates beards even more ;) not for me I'm afraid ;)

You sure it wasn't that transvestite!!!:D (or was it a different kind of "beard" :eek: )

haha! sometime last year on the BMW forum im an addict of we had a "beardy goodness" thread. went about 30 pages deep and was full of everyones progress of the face hair growing! that was a great laugh!

LOL I *might* join in with this.

However, ask me in about 3 days when it starts to itch, see if Im still game....lol

Also, it may take me about 6 months to grow anything that resembles a grown up mans beard (or the infancy of one)...I only need to shave once every few days :D

i have a shave once every 4 weeks if that...

I'm up for this! Will take about 12months to get a beard but, I'm up for it! I will shave monday morning then leave it forever!!!!!!!!!!!

I kept a mustache and a little goatie for about a year and a half. Haven't tried keeping a full beard before. I think I'll look too scruffy for work.

Will any of the girls be joining in? :LOL:

I'm up for this! Will take about 12months to get a beard but, I'm up for it! I will shave monday morning then leave it forever!!!!!!!!!!!

Forever, well, you said it.

That reminds me, I went to the video shop last night and they asked if I wanted Batman Forever.

I said 'no, just two weeks'

They then asked if I had The Firm.

I said 'no, but the lord has blessed me down there!'

Thanks - I am here all week. :D

Funnily enough I decided to try regrowing my goatee a few days ago. Have got till next Tuesday before I go back to work so shouldn't look too bad by then

I go for the unshaven look rather than a proper beard. Don't like the itching.

I go for the unshaven look rather than a proper beard. Don't like the itching.

Yeah I'm with Pete. Plus I have patches where no hair grows so it looks stupid :(

EDIT - no nothing like George Micheal! :p

Did this beard thing back in Sept / Oct (first time I'd tried).
Got used to the itching quite soon, but a goatee & tash was easier to keep than a full beard. And it takes too long to get past the point where everyone thinks you're just lazy. :puke:
Once it looked like I was tryin for a beard I didn't get any complaints about it at all, but it made me look even older - so I got rid :D

I'll just keep the goatee thanks... well, when I can be bothered to shave the rest, that is!

Am I allowed to judge? I want to see photos of you all with beards............I love 'em!!! :D

:puke: I HATE facial hair on men :thumbsdown: I've just been moaning at my other half for the past half hour to have a shave as he hasn't had one all week :(

And no, I won't be growing a beard either :p

:LOL: @ Diego

Anyone else still doing this? hehe

I'm at the itchy stage now, and its annoying the hell out of me...I may give in and shave very very soon.

The itch doesn't last long, keep washing it :)

I've had a beard for so long I'd feel naked without it.

Come on lads, this is a photographic forum is it not? :shrug:

Get with the programme & start posting some pics ... us girls want to see whether its worthy of your O.H's suffering!
Yes ... you might get the itching but its us girlies who suffer the prickles!

Come on lads, this is a photographic forum is it not? :shrug:

Get with the programme & start posting some pics ... us girls want to see whether its worthy of your O.H's suffering!
Yes ... you might get the itching but its us girlies who suffer the prickles!

MMMmmmmm you're not wrong!! ;) :D

Well ladies......i'm clean shaven for once, so let me know where your sore from prickles and i'll rub some cream in to sooth it for you :naughty:

I've decided that i'm not going to appear in public photo's this year, so sorry.....no pics :D

I shaved for the last time yesterday evening, will address the situation after 12 days no shaving when I get back from canada :D

pics.gif

:D

I always have a beard of some description - generally don't have a moustache, although I do at the moment as a winter warmer ¬_¬

Agreed though, pics required! This shot is a few days old, but you get the idea!

hod2362si0.jpg

Heeey Hoodi ... nice to see you, oh fluffy one! :D

Well done that man for being the first to post a pic. (y)

As HUN says, this thread definately needs pics, after all without the evidence ... you could all be telling porkies! ;)

Back