The Idiot Behind the Lens Challenge is BACK! Better than last time!

Just started my "Quest".
It took me about 5 minutes to figure out you had to wind the film forward before it would take a shot.
These are gonna be outstanding photos. I can just feel it :D

Got my £3.99 for two Superdrug efforts, packed them in my hand luggage ready for two weeks in the US...54 chances at photographic gold!

Ive been snapping away for 2 days now, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt, the pictures will be absolutely rubbish! :0)

Last edited:
I have to say, coming back to this for the second year, I'd forgotten how profoundly unsatisfying taking a shot with these single use cameras is! At least with a film SLR you get some settings to twiddle and a wonderful tchwunk as the shutter fires. Instead the only other control appears to be the flash button (which I HAVE used this year!), and the shutter sounds like the tick of a clock, or perhaps a rubber band breaking!

Al that said, I did enjoy loading the pics off the CD last year, and being surprised how the same cameras could produce some truly terrible and some really quite reasonabe pics (leaving out composition et al)!

Well I've taken two shots with mine so far. Hoping to go snap happy on my three days off. Whilst searching my garage today I found a film that has been used and not developed. So I may be taking a job lot of films for developing. Not sure if they'll be anything to salvage on them but it'll be surprising if there is!

Tried to do the Perseids last night with mine. I fear I may have 36 very dark pictures ;)

thanks to Kyle I got BOGOF in Superdrug

now then, can't focus, can't review image, tiny plastic viewfinder that distorts everything, omg HELP! ha ha

Thank Nick instead, he posted it a few posts above mine actually ;)

Beware that what you see in the view finder is not what you get, i have had loads of shots with parts of my finger in it :LOL:

Last edited:
Yvonne,

May I please ask you to set a closing date for submissions as there is no way I can get these cameras / films processed in Saudi and will need to sort them out to get to UK (I'm not planning a UK trip until late September).

If I know when the closing dates to be, I can work around that.

Thanks,

These Fuji ones have 39 frames. 39!!

Must start blazing away.

Going to take mine to asda tomorrow to get it developed. Yes, ive finished it already :0)

When I bought my disposable I was told to process and put on cd it would be £4. Still got to take a few but with be getting mine developed Wednesday I hope.

As a deadline for posting been decided yet?

I don't think so?
A few have asked this,but no date (as far as I know) has been set.

bargain! wonder if its possible to hack the camera apart and take the film out, then use it in an slr? :LOL:

You can get them apart and re-use them but be VERY careful if yours has a flash, it can pack one hell of a punch if you touch the wrong bits :eek:

It was Aintree Nick, both are equidistant for me though. Were you based?

Thanks Paul, I'm in Crosby. I've been to Asda Aintree but didn't realise that they still did film processing. Next time I'm there I must check up on what's available in terms of processing.

Boots precessed mine, 4.99 for next day onto CD or 5.99/6.99 for an hour's wait (memory fails me, I just go for the cheapest)

so I think I got about 10 pics - the rest were obviously very bad ha ha (didn't look at the negs yet)

have never seen so much noise and strange WB ha ha

I think I have one that it worthy of putting up (no PP allowed) - but if PP was allowed I could probably salvage 3 :(

anyway, was BOGOF so still got one left to use before Saturday....(and I'm going to my friend's wedding on Friday, heh)

Yvonne,

May I please ask you to set a closing date for submissions as there is no way I can get these cameras / films processed in Saudi and will need to sort them out to get to UK (I'm not planning a UK trip until late September).

If I know when the closing dates to be, I can work around that.

Thanks,

I/we won't be back to get mine dealt with until early Sept and I won't have an optical drive with me so couldn't send them even if I managed to get D&P&CD over there, so I'm hoping we've got some leeway! Picked up a Kodak disposable this morning - now need to scrub the Sharpie note off the back of my hand...

Glad to see I'm not the only one stuck until September to get my shots in. I just hope we won't be too late :shrug:

hahahaha I thought with the heading of this topic you were talking about me lol !!

I hope to join in with this next time around ....

Plenty of time left to play Julie - especially if you're used to digital shooting. Should be easy enough to find a few subjects and fire of several frames at each - just remember to wind on between shots...

Finished mine today in the mist. Off to Asda this weekend, let's hope some come out ...

That was a good idea, Des. I had mine in my pocket (in Ed...) but was using the Pentax instead...

I'm taking mine to boots this afternoon.

If they are rubbish I'm blaming you Chris for getting me involved :naughty:

Note: even on the last shot I still looked at the back of the box, and guess what? there was still no screen to see! I never realised that it was such a habit... addicted to histograms.com!

Right time frame for the vote thread will probably be 3rd week of september, I am thinking around the 16th - I want to leave it open long enough to give everyone a chance to get developing done but not so long those that have already entered are waiting too long. Does this sound about right for everyone?

Obviously the sharing thread will remain open anyway.

Mine is off to Asda on Monday, got 2 frames left which I will use today :D I have used a Rollei Crossfire and I found the picture I took on one last year and they are...er.... well, interestingly odd - this one has been sitting around for a year so I dread to think what is going to come out the other end

16th sounds fine to me. I might have a last minute panic and shot another one tomorrow and see if u can get something different.

Back