The iOS 7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just messing around with the different backgrounds apple provide to see how they change the feel. The transparency makes subtle changes quite pronounced

here's a darker background

image by JoeBoyMan, on Flickr

Both hardware and software would have be worth it.

The fact it looks like a 3 year old toy "My first Iphone" style display aint gonna win me over.

You really need to read some of your emails Joe ;)

Agreed. A step in the right direction in some respects, and a huge step backwards in others. It needs a lot of work doing to it.

The worst part is, it will now change the design of a lot of apps ,to fit in with the look of the software - if it doesn't, the whole design will be a complete mismatch which would be just as bad.

I don't think the colour palette would be quite so bad if they dialled back the luminance by about 60%. As it stands, it's just garish and brash.

I don't honestly see many app developers following the palette, it's just not a good look.

As for the iOS itself, some nice touches, and quite a few catch up touches - weather being one of them.

You really need to read some of your emails Joe ;)

lol

I have no idea why it says 811 on there, it didn't before I updated. Either that or I just got 811 wedding enquiries for being so awesome.

I wouldn't put it past myself to be honest :naughty::naughty:

I don't think the colour palette would be quite so bad if they dialled back the luminance by about 60%. As it stands, it's just garish and brash.

I don't honestly see many app developers following the palette, it's just not a good look.

As for the iOS itself, some nice touches, and quite a few catch up touches - weather being one of them.

i have to say the stylle does look slightly more toned down on the screen of the iphone compared to how it looks here out of context as a screen shot on my monitor

Though as I mentioned above, they did just copy the existing Yahoo Weather app.

it may look similar in the feature set but it works differently and the animated backgrounds are lovely. So it's still a marked improvement imo

Exactly, the usual Apple hype about something that people have been using for years already.

A snow animation when the weather forecast is snow? Revolutionary! :rolleyes:

I actually prefer the Yahoo version because more often than not it displays ìmages of mine from Flickr.

yeah, you'll find that you have to appreciate style and design in order to like it. (y)
Appreciate style and design from Little Tykes maybe.... :LOL:

Appreciate style and design from Little Tykes maybe.... :LOL:

this is my car/bed

blue%20car%20bed%20001.jpg

as for other developers needing to follow the style. here's a look at how the apps might look now. I don't see a need for them to have to change - they look fine and not out of place at all inmo

It's not exactly ground breaking is it? Once again evolutionary rather than revolutionary. It certainly doesn't hold a candle to the Windows Phone 8 interface

It's not exactly ground breaking is it? Once again evolutionary rather than revolutionary. It certainly doesn't hold a candle to the Windows Phone 8 interface

no need to fix what isn't broken (y)

here is some with a more vibrant background. This flickr integration is awesome by the way

It's growing on me!

I've been looking at your screen shots for a while Joe, and whilst my first thoughts were that it looked too simplistic and plain, now I'm looking back at my iPhone again, it suddenly looks dated by comparison.

it does take a while to get adjusted. It looked weird on my phone at first but now it looks like i've had it on there for months.

the text messaging app looks great too. This green isn't quite as luminous on the iphone screen as it is on my monitor here by the way

I've seen a lot of screenshots of IOS7, but none of the ones showing a keypad has had an emoticon key between "123" and "space" as on IOS6. Is this because people posting the shots don't have the emoticons installed/enabled, or does IOS7 not allow them now?

I've seen a lot of screenshots of IOS7, but none of the ones showing a keypad has had an emoticon key between "123" and "space" as on IOS6. Is this because people posting the shots don't have the emoticons installed/enabled, or does IOS7 not allow them now?

its because the majority of screenshots are from developers.

developers don't tend to use emoticons as we don't like to smile, nor look sad. We like to be neutral. So don't have them installed

just had my first advert on itunes radio - came after about 10 songs. lasted 30 seconds, didn't bother me at all.

I do get the feeling that whatever Apple do it iOS people will always find a way to criticise it. Just because it's Apple.

I do get the feeling that whatever Apple do it iOS people will always find a way to criticise it. Just because it's Apple.

no....... :D

seriously though i was lol'ing at some of the stuff during the demo where the audience where clapping and cheering and i was thinking that it was hardly new and/or revolutionary or it was slightly backwards.

that said, apple sometimes do get it bob on. i think the design of ios7 is one. im interested to see how the new mac pro gets on too, thats a fascinating bit of design also.

More simplistic than that Richardo, you just can't please all of the people all of the time.
Doesn't matter whether it's phones, cameras, cars or TV shows - it's a fact of life.
It's that which manufacturers rely upon to persuade consumers that their offering is the better one for them to opt for.

when you are the best in the field you will always get criticism. It goes hand in hand - some from those who have too high expectations due to products being the best and others from those who hate the fact they are the best.

but criticism is still a good thing - it's the companies job to listen to it all and pick out the worth while pieces to continue to improve on

I do get the feeling that whatever Microsoft do people will always find a way to criticise it. Just because it's Microsoft

I do get the feeling that whatever Google do people will always find a way to criticise it. Just because it's Google

and repeat.

If everybody liked the same stuff how could we take the **** out of Nikon owners ?

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back