The "I've added something in Photos: from film" alert thread.

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
As people don't seem to frequent the Photos: from film sub-forum very often, I thought this might be useful as a means of alerting people when something has been added. I know you can set up forum alerts to do this but in my experience they don't always seem to work - for instance I always get alerts about stuff in the classifieds forums, but never for Photos: from film, despite having alerts on both.

Anyway, I've added something in there today. :)

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/holga-mis-adventures-part-deux.701288/

It's a good idea to get more people starting threads in Photos From Film, it might encourage more commenting and less just clicking Like but the obvious problem is that we might not get notifications from this thread either :)

Anyway I'm following this now and hopefully other people will too.

I'm now watching this thread. It means I'll hopefully see the photos, and I might even make a few remarks, but probably only of the "like" kind.

I've tended to get notifications on the Photos From Film forum. Just sayin'...

Yes, it's just an uploaded thumbnail. So I created the thread in Photos: From Film, copied the URL from the browser address bar, came here, typed the text and made that into a link, then uploaded the thumbnail. Then it was a bit of a faff to get the image inside the Link rather than outside it but what seems to work is position the cursor inside the link a the end of the text and then select "Full Image" from the uploaded image panel at the bottom. Then hit return/enter to get the image underneath the text, the cursor positioning is the tricky bit.

Some pictures of Emley Moor transmitter:

North Leverton windmill:

Back