The Moon...

Name
David Bridges
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

well heres my moon picture, this is with a 300mm and cropped, so lets see some from people with 300mm+ lenses or 300mm- please post some of your moon shots (or links to them) up here i would love to see them

2005017959716878952_rs.jpg

Thanks
Dave

Awh, I can even see an alien :D

Very nice indeed.

Cool moon shot!
I took this in March this year whilst waiting for the eclipse to begin canon 70-300mm IS @ 300mm ( and a 055MF3 tropod)
100% crop and a touch of smart sharpen

full-moon.jpg

Thanks for your comments, and nice moon shot Cobra, anybody else gonna stick there on here ?

Nice idea for a thread (y)

Here's one of mine from last year....

Moon_II.jpg

its nice to see what everybody has got of the same object that can be seen all over the world

Great shot slapo !
its wierd to think that everyone in the world sees the exact same object.... any more pics???

Heres one from the eclipse
moons.jpg

Dean:)

Great eclipse Dean! I love the last one! its amazing its the same object but so many different pictures and "takes" on it, It just goes to show how subjective 'togging is
I can't resist here's one I made earlier

2_Medium_.jpg

It looks like crystal!
Stunning!

Cool moon shot!
I took this in March this year whilst waiting for the eclipse to begin canon 70-300mm IS @ 300mm ( and a 055MF3 tropod)
100% crop and a touch of smart sharpen

full-moon.jpg

The moon is really tricky to get right. It moves faster than you think (well, the earth does - but YKWIM - well they both do but ....). Its brighter than you think and getting the right exposure's a bitch. And you're aperture is always wrong. So is the shutter speed. And then there's sensor dust. Like so

514000142_c1225142eb.jpg

So, well done to those above me. Your moon shots are all nice and sharp. I shall go off and eat green cheese for a week and see if that makes for any better pics. I doubt it, though.

Share your secrets, please.

Not too good but thought I'd throw it in the mix
moon21.jpg

Sony A100. Sigma 70-300 @300mm with Vivitar 1.4TC

wow thats amazing.. weird question but how the hell does it take such a zoomed in photo of the moon? could you zoom into someones house or someone in the street with one like that??? :|

p.s i'm a n0ob :p

moon1.jpg

WOW, these are all amazing, looks like mine wasn't a good as i though. I'm loving the shots of the elcipse by dino. Some great shots coming from you guys, excellent and keep it up !

Thats a great shot Tim!
as are the rest keep em coming

And those who view this thread with no images of the moon just get out tonight and take some shots !!!

....and if you havent got a 200+ lens just take some shots that involve the moon in some way (even with a kit lens !) to get some fresh angles and shots into the thread, my personally favorite would be silohetted rooftops with the moon in the backround......

Might just go and do it tonight... :D

And thanks to everyone for sticking some great posts in here (y)(y)(y)

Dave there are some stunner's here but wonder if anyone has used a telescope on their camera?
Here one I took quite a while ago.
1334145041_3129003bc1_o.jpg

biko, nice set of the lunar eclipse! :)

That's really good, Hacker. Would make a super BIG wall pic. :clap:

Oooh yeah, I can just see that printed out on a wall, nice and large...(Although if I have to be picky, I think with my OCDness I'd prefer it to be central :p)

Is anyone going to put a dampener on this whole thread and show us that really colourful pic of the moon that was all over the internet last year?

Some great shots here. I have two pics of the moon, and theyre both rubbish, so I never even got round to processing them...Soft as butter :(

Back