The New Top Gear

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Might as well have a thread about it.

The team has been anounced.

We are very proud to announce that racing driver Sabine Schmitz, YouTube star Chris Harris, F1 pundit Eddie Jordan and motoring journalist Rory Reid will join Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc and of course, The Stig, when the show returns in May.

Source.

Last edited:
I enjoyed top gear for the childish humour and chemistry of the presenters. One of the few shows that make me laugh out loud..
not sure there will be many laughs with Chris and his gang but you never know

Happy to give it the benefit of the doubt but I think Mr Evans will kill it for me personally!

Did we really need this thread? We all know how it will go.

Yes.. Because TP love how it will go...all rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect. ;)

Personally i agree with @BruceMo the chemistry with the originals was ace, i think we have to face facts it's never going to be the same, i'm also guessing plenty will have made their minds up before it is aired..

As with anything some will like some will not.....

I used to think that Sabine was really good during here brief appearances in the old version so I'm pleased shes coming.

I'm guessing the additional presenters are because I heard rumors that they won't all be in every show.

Did we really need this thread? We all know how it will go.

Yes, because the other thread is about the other TG, and this is about the new one.

I'm looking forward to the new BBC Topgear, it'll be interesting to see the new team and format and how it develops. I'm not keen on EJ from what I've seen of him presenting the F1 coverage, but I can live with that. At least they have some decent drivers on board.

Which it or don't watch it. When all is said and done, it's only a TV show.

I'm watching but don't fancy witching ;)

(awaits comments I am a witch)[emoji14]

Whach one are you witching?

_64412894_crabtree_bbc.jpg

Last edited:
The "I was just p***ing by the window... " line?

One of PC Crabtree's finest but possibly too obscure without any explanation. :D

Last edited:
The "I was just p***ing by the window... " line?

One of PC Crabtree's finest but possibly too obscure without any explanation. :D

Yes definitely one of his finest to the point I want to watch it again....I did need the image to realise what you meant lol

Eddie....Jordan..... He's enough to drive me away from watching F1 (which is a subject he's presumably supposed to be able to talk most knowledgably about), so I dread to think what he'll be like on cars in general. I doubt I'll be able to watch it. Hope the TG boys Amazon show is good...

Don't like Ed Jordan the others are OK. I like the original trio but the format annoyed me so I might prefer the new format.

The 3 originals were complete t**ers, but a lot of fun to watch despite/because of this. Odd how Clarkson's solo efforts were so less "stupid" and very watchable, not sure about the other 2 though.
But, back to the new line up, something for everyone it would appear, or maybe master of none instead, probably watch a few episodes to see how bad it is and then decide it's no longer the show for me.
I wonder if BBC2 will continue to show old TG repeats :)
Always DAVE I suppose

Exactly this, I'll reserve judgement until I've seen a few episodes.
I must admit that I was sceptical when he took over the breakfast show on R2 from Sir Tel, but thought I'd give it a chance, and TBH I was pleasantly surprised.
Although he has "a face for radio" , I'm not totally convinced that I'd like to listen to him, as well as watch him.

I've always thought Alan partridge deserves his own car show.

I think the juvenile "tosserness" of JC et al was always part of the appeal.
I can't see them doing badly with the new show if they stick to that.

I think the juvenile "tosserness" of JC et al was always part of the appeal.
There are those that love him, and those that love to hate him,
neither of which did his career any harm, even when he stuck one on his producer.
You only have to look at all the free publicity ;)

So when is this on then?

Reckon it's going to be a complete shambles! BBC need to realise it was the presenters that made it and should have left it alone once they'd gone!

Reactions: BBR
Reckon it's going to be a complete shambles! BBC need to realise it was the presenters that made it and should have left it alone once they'd gone!
The thing is that it may turn out to be a shambles to the old viewers but could also attract a different audience. It might also be a totally different format that works and could even supplement the version on Amazon for the old audience.

It's too early to tell but I think it's safe to say that most people will be tuning into that first episode on the BBC to see what it's all about whether they used to watch it or not.

Loved the old show although it was getting a little stale towards the end, Sabine Schmitz is a good choice not sure about the others, I will reserve judgment until I've watched a couple of shows.

Looking forward to it, but EJ !!!

Why ???

Lets hope he's in very small doses / none existent...

Still, means he won't be on F1 :)

Back