The New Top Gear

Just seen some other to camera stuff that Rory bloke has done. Sorry.... he's crap. Contrived, scripted... horrible voice... no discernible originality. Boring.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2YmEslJyGo

Eddie Jordan? Well.. we know what that will be... just the same Eddie Jordan we had in F1.

Not sure what Sabine Schmitt is gonna bring to the show. She can drive, sure... but...

It will get watched by millions of course, but on a like for like comparison, I think it's gonna tank compared to the old format. As much as you may hate any or all of the old 3... there was a cohesive chemistry to that team that this doesn't have if you ask me.

And No... NO! NOT Nolly sodding Edmonds!

William Woolard!

It will get watched by millions of course, but on a like for like comparison, I think it's gonna tank compared to the old format. As much as you may hate any or all of the old 3... there was a cohesive chemistry to that team that this doesn't have if you ask me.

Whilst I agree that the success of the original was due to the dysfunctional relationship of the 3 presenters, I'm flummoxed how you can 'know' how these 6 personalities will work? We don't even know who will be sharing screen time with whom currently.

Whilst I agree that the success of the original was due to the dysfunctional relationship of the 3 presenters, I'm flummoxed how you can 'know' how these 6 personalities will work? We don't even know who will be sharing screen time with whom currently.

I don't... "know" :) I never said I knew. I suspect however, that I'll be right,

I rather suspect they will try to change the way the show works quite significantly, probably hoping to draw in a younger audience to replace the boomers who will not be happy with anything less than Mr. Clarkson et al. Probably also hoping it will be a bit more respectable while being easy to flog across the pond (and internationally in general).

it looks like it will be pish. can't stand Evans and the other people are no bodies. Leblanc must be desperate for TV time. not sure I'll even bother to watch it

it looks like it will be pish. can't stand Evans and the other people are no bodies. Leblanc must be desperate for TV time. not sure I'll even bother to watch it

Don't then...nobody is forcing you! [emoji12]

...yes.. really... which is why I say "IF YOU ASK ME"... which you conveniently forgot to also put in bold...

Untitled-1.jpg

Christ Phil what's your damned problem?

Last edited:

Oh sure you will.

Oh sure you will.

why? I didn't watch 5th gear or any of the other motoring programs. I can't see them keeping the same format as it's unlkely to work without the 3 knobheads. plus I really dislike evans as a presenter which is enough for me not to watch on its own.

why? I didn't watch 5th gear or any of the other motoring programs. I can't see them keeping the same format as it's unlkely to work without the 3 knobheads. plus I really dislike evans as a presenter which is enough for me not to watch on its own.

You'll watch at least one episode, just to have a look see.

probably not given the time it's likely to be on is the bed time hour for baby and boys so too busy.

More trouble for the new Top Gear team. As Piers Morgan himself said this morning "Just exactly what part of Matt le Blanc doing wheels spins next to the Cenotaph sounds like a good idea?"

More trouble for the new Top Gear team. As Piers Morgan himself said this morning "Just exactly what part of Matt le Blanc doing wheels spins next to the Cenotaph sounds like a good idea?"

Plus equally, if not more, so why do Westminster council think it is a good idea to license access to Whitehall for filming a motoring tv 'magazine' type show. Whoever made that decision needs re educating!

TV producers, can't live with 'em, can't shoot them..... :(

Just confirms that the BBC are attempting to recreate what Clarkson, May, and Hammond had in terms of non-PC, and failing miserably.They could have filmed this anywhere in the country but filmed at the cenotaph as a publicity stunt. The reaction was planned as everyone is now talking about top gear. Absolute disgrace by Chris Evans the top gear team and the bbc for allowing it to be filmed.

Shouldn't the last half dozen posts be here
;)

Just confirms that the BBC are attempting to recreate what Clarkson, May, and Hammond had in terms of non-PC, and failing miserably.They could have filmed this anywhere in the country but filmed at the cenotaph as a publicity stunt. The reaction was planned as everyone is now talking about top gear. Absolute disgrace by Chris Evans the top gear team and the bbc for allowing it to be filmed.
Except it wasn't filmed at the cenotaph, it happened to be in the background and the beeb have confirmed it was never in shot.

So isn't the story here - "BBC show gets papped filming near a landmark, media puts negative spin on events"?

Shouldn't the last half dozen posts be here
;)
images

Career advice from Piers Morgan?
PMSL.

Except it wasn't filmed at the cenotaph, it happened to be in the background and the beeb have confirmed it was never in shot.

So isn't the story here - "BBC show gets papped filming near a landmark, media puts negative spin on events"?

It should never have been cleared to shut the roads around the Cenotaph. Yes Top Gear are at fault but so are the authorities who approved the road closure. Both parties should issue a public apology, not just Chris Evans on behalf of Top Gear. The BBC and Council need to admit they were completely in the wrong.

Disrespectful? Most certainly.
But...being blown out of proportion somewhat.

Exactly but these days it seems we all need to protest like crazy when someone makes a mistake or says the wrong thing... while on the same news a murderer is using the court of human rights to sue the government and it has less opinion.

Last edited:
Exactly but these days it seems we all need to protest like crazy when someone makes a mistake or says the wrong thing... while on the same news a murderer is using the court of human rights to sue the government and it has less opinion.

It's always open for discussion isn't it ! Perhaps you would like to start a thread on this subject and share your opinion on the UK respecting the European Convention on Human Rights ?

How about the wedding they disrupted at St Pauls?

And yes this faux sympathy/internet outrage is the fashion these days, don't you know?
And the BBC, trying to be so PC these days...

good article here
http://www.theguardian.com/artandde...r-cenotaph-driving-stunt-matt-leblanc-apology

You can clearly see the vehicle passing the cenotaph at speed in the video. While ignorance is no excuse this was evidently an error of judgement, not an intended act of malice. It was just plain stupid there are plenty of locations where Le Blanc could practice 'donuts' to his hearts content. No wonder supermarket car parks are full of boy racers trying to emulate these idiots. Top Gear continues to surround itself with controversy but the BBC has learned nothing. I bet Clarkson is having a good chuckle over this !

You can clearly see the vehicle passing the cenotaph at speed in the video. While ignorance is no excuse this was evidently an error of judgement, not an intended act of malice. It was just plain stupid there are plenty of locations where Le Blanc could practice 'donuts' to his hearts content. No wonder supermarket car parks are full of boy racers trying to emulate these idiots. Top Gear continues to surround itself with controversy but the BBC has learned nothing. I bet Clarkson is having a good chuckle over this !
So if someone ran past the Cenotaph instead of walking past at a sedate respectful pace, would that be wrong. Can't really see what everyone is getting upset about, oh and Mat Le Blanc wasn't driving.

Top Gear continues to surround itself with controversy but the BBC has learned nothing. I bet Clarkson is having a good chuckle over this !
On the contrary, the BBC has clearly learned that bad publicity never hurt the ratings of the old format and are giving the production team a similarly long lead.

If I were Clarkson I'd be a bit worried. The new TG is generating lots of air time and public discussion and will be on a channel accessible to all. His show, due to air on a channel most people don't already have, has disappeared from the media.

The cynic in me expects some 'controversy' about the Amazon show in a couple of weeks. Maybe Clarkson will write something inflammatory in his newspaper column to get a bit of attention.

Back