The New Top Gear

I thought Matt Le Blanc was dreadful on it, couldn't stomach it after a few episodes, it'll never be the same again as the original trio were 'Top Gear' - they may as well have re-named it for all I care.

Clarkson & Co. were NOT the original presenters of TG, they were just the 3 who dragged it down from being the motoring show it started as to an entertainment show based around unaffordable cars driven badly on non-highway tarmac.

I'll go against the grain and say I'm looking forward to it.

I think freddie flintoff will work well

So much prejudice against the new presenters without seeing them give it a try! I'll give it a watch before I make any judgement - it could be good!

So much prejudice against the new presenters without seeing them give it a try! I'll give it a watch before I make any judgement - it could be good!

I'll do the same, it certainly can't be worse than Clarkson and his cronies.

Looking forward to seeing the new presenters as i like both of them,le blanc was a joke.:)
I stopped watching it years ago as it got away from what it was supposed to be about & just got stupid.:mad:

I rather liked Matt LeBlanc as a presenter. He's a real petrol head and put the points across very well without trying to conform to the laddish (rather sad for 50 year olds IMO), Clarkson era antics.

I like Le Blanc. He comes across as knowing his stuff & I like his understated delivery

Last lot of shows the 3 of them gelled and Le Blanc was a little less wooden when reading from the telepromter.
The clarkson shows became silly, At one point the mishaps had a believability about them, the problem being they tried to top them each time and became predictable.
Im not to fussed about it being about cars that are un-affordable - no one has ever had posters of vauxhall corsa's or renault scenics on thier wall as a kid.

As for flintoff can take it or leave him but Paddy MacGuinness you can keep. The Gran tour has taken TG to a new low rather than being a highlight its now barely worth watching

I still watch the old shows on Quest and Dave, and I think they are the best - and I also think JC was a complete plank before the Beeb got rid of him.

I’m struggling to imagine how Flintoff and McGuinness are going to workout but I’ll watch a few episodes before I form an opinion.

Don’t understand why they’ve moved Rory though. He brought some energy to the show and the dynamic between Rory the over enthusiastic amateur and Chris the more restrained (and slightly grumpy) expert was coming together well.

they were just the 3 who dragged it down from being the motoring show it started as to an entertainment show

Is that just a different way of saying they took an average show with a small audience and turned it into a worldwide phenomenon with hundreds of millions of viewers?

Last edited:
No, it's just my opinion of what they did with the format.

Is that just a different way of saying they took an average show with a small audience and turned it into a worldwide phenomenon with hundreds of millions of viewers?

Well I guess that the replacement presenters since those 3 left can't be accused of doing that. ;)

I have to say I'm quite a fan of Freddie. I enjoyed his travels in a chip van, particularly in Australia.

I also liked him on that A League of their own,

I'll give it a chance.

Last edited:
Clarkson and company won’t be considering a return, Amazon announce series 4 of the Grand Tour is approved.

A road trip series, no more tent.

4-E7-CDCF7-F966-4-F9-C-A014-BAF4-F68-A703-D.jpg

wow the new new new one was realllllly bad
paddy woodentop

You watched the funeral tonight though. :)

yeah id did I had hoped that paddy might bring some banter back but to be fair he was just being quite in character which just for me didn't work.
matt le'bland was ok I liked him, I also quite liked rory reid but Flintoff and paddy is just a tosser to far for me.

Lads on another contrived road trip being laddish... yawn!
It's not the presenters. The format/production that was essentially developed by/around Clarkson et al needs to change. Top Gear won't be any good while it tries to hang onto the past. It must seize the now and move forward.

Lads on another contrived road trip being laddish... yawn!
It's not the presenters. The format/production that was essentially developed by/around Clarkson et al needs to change. Top Gear won't be any good while it tries to hang onto the past. It must seize the now and move forward.

That was my feeling when watching post-Clarkson TG. The formula was theirs, and no-one else will really fit.

I used to watch Top Gear in the 1970s when...
The programme covered motoring related issues, such as new car road tests, fuel economy, safety, the police, speeding, insurance, second hand cars and holiday touring.
( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_(1977_TV_series) )

It was an excellent programme that started to go wrong when the ghastly Noel Edmonds took over as lead presenter but William Woollard brought it back on course. Then they made Jeremy Clarkson a presenter and it all went south.

Why oh why do the BBC always have to fix what ain't broken? :sulk:

Well the reviews generally seem to be better this time round ( not on here obviously [emoji23]). Didn’t know what to expect but apart from Flintoff being a bit forced in the studio (sure that will improve with a little time) I was pretty impressed.

More than one laugh out loud moment for me which I can’t remember happening in the last few series.

The cast won’t please everyone but then neither did Clarkson.

The format may be a little tired but it’s still got something. It’s got one up on The Grand Tour which is the same old format with the same old cast.

For a first episode I’d say that was notably better than the beginning of previous series of Top Gear or The Grand Tour.

Well I thought it was very good, and for the first time ever my wife sat and watched the whole programme with me and enjoyed it very much for the humour. The format may not have moved on much but the presenters in this version are the best for some time.

Well I thought it was very good, and for the first time ever my wife sat and watched the whole programme with me and enjoyed it very much for the humour. The format may not have moved on much but the presenters in this version are the best for some time.

Got to admit it was a lot better than previous and both myself and my wife enjoyed it

Ye I'll be watching again. I think they'll warm into and it'll even out but it was fine. Very northern :D But that's a good thing!

My least favourite run was with Chris Evans. Joey Tribiani did well I think once Chris was gone. The new presenters were a tad OTT but I think they'll settle in and it'll be the right balance.

As for the format, I guess it is what it is. I don't mind :) I'm not sure it's shot quite as spectacular though ;)

Back