The Northern Film Meet - 16th June, Manchester/Peak District, Post if interested

Preferred date for the meet?

• Total voters
If the weather is on the wet side, would we be going to a pub for this meet ?

If the weather is on the wet side, would we be going to a pub for this meet ?

Even if the weathers good there is a fair chance we will end up in the pub :nuts:

If the weather in Edale isnt so good, we can always have a walk around Manchester as it will be more sheltered. So we can at least try to get some photos done :)

Haha!

Hopefully still make it on Saturday. But it is the Saturday morning after a Friday night, and I've not been that sprightly after Friday nights recently.

Text me in the morning so we know whether to wait for you in the station or not :)

Sorry Rob but there is a distinct possibility I won't be able to make it. The wife has come over all peculiar and if she doesn't improve I'm going to have to jib out.

Sorry mate, fingers crossed.

Andy

Shame Andy, hope she gets better :) text me in the morning to let me know if you are coming though

There has been an improvement and I am now about 75% certain to be there. The tender ministering of an experienced hand has worked it's magic once more, anyone else for tender ministering?

There has been an improvement and I am now about 75% certain to be there. The tender ministering of an experienced hand has worked it's magic once more...

Well stop typing you fool and get back to your ministering :bonk:

Ah, well now, the ministering stopped as I had an important appointment with a Danish gentleman by the name of Carling......in fact I had to speak to him 4 times.

The ministering will now recommence.....oh hello!

Andy

I'm not going to be coming I'm afraid - firstly because I'm no where near prepared for my little trip to Glasgow on Sunday and also because I somehow don't think that ISO 100 slide film which is all I've got in the freezer, will quite be suitable for the weather this weekend!

I am on my way to Piccadilly Train Station, if we stay in Manchester (which is ideal btw) i was wondering if you guys would mind a walk to Jacobs ?
I might be getting a BlackRapid RS-7 :)

Just got back in from a very damp meet, was great to meet Nick and Wayne, a (y) for them for showing up and a :razz: for those who didn't :p

Sorry guys, but I couldn't leave SWMBO in her condition. Next time though...

Andy

Thanks to Rob for sorting out the NFM, great to meet you and Wayne and honorary TP'er Francis. Thanks for showing me the highlights of soggy Manchester and Edale, such a shame that the weather wasn't kinder to us and that the rest of the northern contingency and my fellow Southern Jessies couldn't be bothered to get out of bed :razz: Andy, you are forgiven as you had ministering duties, I hope Mrs Andy is feeling better and on the + side you must have banked some serious brownie points.

It was a challenging day photographically, for me the day was made almost perfect by the Edale farmer who told me and Rob to "bugger off" he was so close to saying "get off my land" that would have made my day, I didn't even get the shot I was framing up and I really should have been quicker with my shutter finger when I spotted the gaggle of parking attendants all huddled underneath the railway arch, if I'd been a bit more subtle then maybe I could have got the shot before they all scattered like cockroaches when they saw the camera.

I even managed to resist the urge to buy a little Kodak Retinette II in the Real Camera Company, what a place. There's just too much to choose from, it's mind boggling.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the results of the day and here's to the next one, wherever that may be (y)

Thanks to Rob for sorting out the NFM, great to meet you and Wayne and honorary TP'er Francis. Thanks for showing me the highlights of soggy Manchester and Edale, such a shame that the weather wasn't kinder to us and that the rest of the northern contingency and my fellow Southern Jessies couldn't be bothered to get out of bed :razz: Andy, you are forgiven as you had ministering duties, I hope Mrs Andy is feeling better and on the + side you must have banked some serious brownie points.

It was a challenging day photographically, for me the day was made almost perfect by the Edale farmer who told me and Rob to "bugger off" he was so close to saying "get off my land" that would have made my day, I didn't even get the shot I was framing up and I really should have been quicker with my shutter finger when I spotted the gaggle of parking attendants all huddled underneath the railway arch, if I'd been a bit more subtle then maybe I could have got the shot before they all scattered like cockroaches when they saw the camera.

I even managed to resist the urge to buy a little Kodak Retinette II in the Real Camera Company, what a place. There's just too much to choose from, it's mind boggling.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the results of the day and here's to the next one, wherever that may be (y)

(y)

Thanks Nick, the current Mrs Snap is now fully restored, mainly due to careful, professional ministering from myself. Glad you enjoyed yourself and especially glad that you enjoyed your visit to Real Camera, its a really great shop.
Next time I shall be there come hell or high water.

Andy

My shots are up in the film photos section, so have at them :D

Back