The Northern Film Meet - 16th June, Manchester/Peak District, Post if interested

Preferred date for the meet?

• Total voters
16th got my vote. Am on my way back from a week in Cornwall on the 9th. Should still have a healthy supply of 5x4 slide left as well :D

Rob, still ok to stay at your gaff for a night or two?

Yep no problem with that :)

If it is the 16TH I would try hard to get there, I think that may be the start of a one week holiday for me, I will check when back to work on Sunday night.

If anyone from the Kent/London/ M25 area fancies sharing a ride up PM me.

Richard.

it would appear so

right im working on the 16th and Edale ,donut will be with me and the mrs might come as well

Very true...

Right, I want to be booking my train ticket and could do with a rough idea what the plan is (if any). I'm aiming to get there to Manchester just before 10 and just trying to work out what time to book the return, not a problem if we're just staying round the city but if we're heading out into the countryside I'll have to take that into account.

I was going to suggest meeting at Manchester picadilly station (main station) at 10 - 10.30am either way
Then get the train to somewhere like Edale as the train is at 10.45 for a bit, if the weather is uninspiring or we get bored, head back to Manchester

If you book in advance you can get an off peak day return from Manchester to Edale (without railcard) for £10.10, with railcard it is less from Here

This gives us some flexibility if we want to return after a few hours and mooch around Manchester as well

Anyone have any objections?

Sounds good to me.

Andy

ooohh, I'm very tempted by this, I think it will be an expensive weekend though.

Get yourself oop north lad, thrupence a pint and a free ferret with every pie.

OK the promise of thrupence for a pint of beer has convinced me to purchase a ticket to the edge of the world (AKA Manchester)

See you all on the 23rd (y)

RaglanSurf said:
OK the promise of thrupence for a pint of beer has convinced me to purchase a ticket to the edge of the world (AKA Manchester)

See you all on the 23rd (y)

16th!!!

Manchester isn't the edge of the World.......its about 35 miles north of the edge.

Sorry Rob, I have just spent the afternoon in the pub watching the final day of the premier league unfold, so am a little worse for wear.

I know that some of us already know each other but would it be an idea to have some kind of identifying mark so we can save time at the station? Perhaps a large black dot on the forehead or a daft hairstyle (Rob, you're alright :D) or maybe just a sticky label with TP on your coat.

Andy

I know that some of us already know each other but would it be an idea to have some kind of identifying mark so we can save time at the station? Perhaps a large black dot on the forehead or a daft hairstyle (Rob, you're alright :D) or maybe just a sticky label with TP on your coat.

Andy

Don't you think a load of blokes weighed down with more cameras than it's possible to use would be a bit of a give-away?

Not necesarily, I shall just be using an Olympus Trip.....:LOL:

TBH we said the same thing last time and ended up wandering around for 20 minutes rounding up likely customers, 2 of whom weren't from TP.

Andy

There were quite a few people wandering round the station with large quantities of kit last time, some of it even film. The most worrying thing was that they all headed off in the other direction to us...

I won't be able to make this Northern trip I am afraid, its just too close to the Skomer trip and if I disappear any more the wife might start to get uppity. Hopefully the next one! ;)

Who are you actually scared of, the wife or us hard northerners?:thinking:;)

I already know more than enough northerners to know that you can quickly dazzle them with some London sophistication to make your get away! ;)

I already know more than enough northerners to know that you can quickly dazzle them with some London sophistication to make your get away! ;)

How very true. Just the mention of pate de foie gras and our heads spin and we fall to the floor in a state of incomprehension.....:puke:

If we say meet under the information board at picadilly station, pretty difficult to miss, i will PM my mobile number those who are interested in coming over the next few days

Will get a list going
Me
Andysnap
Raglansurf
Redddraggon (maybe)
s162216 (maybe)

Last edited:
How very true. Just the mention of pate de foie gras and our heads spin and we fall to the floor in a state of incomprehension.....:puke:

Mmm, force fed goose liver. Lightly fried in butter and served with melba toast and a nice chutney.

Shame that doesn't come included in the sainsbury's £3 lunch deal really. :D

Aaaaarrrggghhh......thump.

Back