The Northern Film Meet - 16th June, Manchester/Peak District, Post if interested

Preferred date for the meet?

• Total voters

robhooley167

Sir, my fingers are stuck together
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
During the last film meet in London, well organised by Menthel/Jim we thought it would be worth having one "somewhere north of Watford"

I was thinking Manchester, if there is any interest I will get some dates together and get it planned :)

:nuts:

Date chosen to be the 16th of June

Attendees
Andysnap
Raglansurf
Redddraggon
s162216 (maybe)

Any more?

Last edited:
If I'm not working I'd be interested in a trip 'up north'.

All I can suggest is that you get some dates together and I will see what I can do! ;)

Do we get to go to the real camera company?

All I can suggest is that you get some dates together and I will see what I can do! ;)

Do we get to go to the real camera company?

Yes but im leaving my card at home :D

I'm up for this one, again depending on dates. I've not been back to Manchester for ages :(

Post some dates and I'll see what I can do.

Mart

If it's *in* manchester, I might not come... If it's in the hills outside manchester, I could try and book some time! Rob, mind if I / Nikki and I crash at yours?

Sorry, I'm just leaning away from cityscapes/street nowadays; 5x4 is hardly a quick process :D Plus it's £70 return on the train, give or take :(

Last edited:
Outside Manchester suits me, means I can drive and not have to get the train up. It also means I can bring the LF gear instead of the MF :banana:

I would be up for this date permitting! Maybe I could get someone to show me how top load this bloody Certix with 120 :D

So it seems that the general consensus is Landscapes?

If anyone has any places they can suggest then post them please :)

I'm more than happy to meet in the city or get out in the countryside but wherever we go it would help us southern softies if it's accessible by train.

I'd be in my car so dependent on where you guys can get to I could offer lifts

I too can offer some transport too and from stations. If the decision includes a car park at the start I'll look at bringing my mobile (ish) wet plate kit.

Mart

What do people think of meeting in Manchester Picadilly station, then get the train en masse to Edale or somewhere similar in the peaks? Edale is only a £10 return and a 40 min trip, for those who are driving meet straight in edale?

Oooh Edale sounds good, count me in.

Andy

Edale sounds good, I was up vaguely that way yesterday and it's just about starting to get spring looking up there. I've never actually been to Edale, only to the Hope valley just south of it. I know there's Mam tor to the south but what about elsewhere around there?

any possible dates Rob ? the longer i leave it the harder it is to book time off work .

Ive added a poll with some dates in June

The 9th is a definite no-no for me as I know for sure I'm working. The 23rd is a possibility but the 16th is the best option for me.

16th is most likely for me too but its all rather close to the Skomer trip I am going on!

16th is most likely for me too but its all rather close to the Skomer trip I am going on!

That sounds like fun Jim, when are you going?

First full weekend in July. Leaving the wife and boy alone for 4 whole days!

I'm sure they'll cope without you......and I'm sure they're looking forward to seeing the umpteen million photos of puffins you'll bring back.:D

9th or 16th for me but 16th will be better.

Andy

Any more for any more?

16th got my vote. Am on my way back from a week in Cornwall on the 9th. Should still have a healthy supply of 5x4 slide left as well :D

Rob, still ok to stay at your gaff for a night or two?

Back