The Northern Film Meet - 16th June, Manchester/Peak District, Post if interested

Preferred date for the meet?

• Total voters
Mmm, force fed goose liver. Lightly fried in butter and served with melba toast and a nice chutney.

Make it stop... :nuts::nuts::nuts:

any more?

I might be able to, it depends as I'm travelling up to Glasgow the next day for a week long course so what with that and going to this it could get quite hectic! There again, I'll have nothing else to do around that time as university will have finished for the year....

bumpity

Hi, I'd love to come along to your meet. I live in Derbyshire and would come by car, so can you tell me where and when you will meet in the Peak District (as opposed to Manchester station).

Barry

Hi, I'd love to come along to your meet. I live in Derbyshire and would come by car, so can you tell me where and when you will meet in the Peak District (as opposed to Manchester station).

Barry

Hi Barry, we are going to head to Edale from Manchester, will check times later. Im sure there will be space to park up near the station in Edale

Hi guys, I am very new to the forum and don't really know anyone on here.

I am very interested in attending this meet though, would that be okay ?

I agree with one of the posters that it is very awkward when meeting up trying to work out who is a part of the organised meet and who is just there for their own purpose.

I think my best bet is to have my camera actually out of my backpack and if anyone feels a little unsure, just walk up to me and ask "You from Talk Photography ?" with a friendly smile.
Just look for the dude standing there with a Canon EOS 1100D hanging round his neck.

Don't know if this is a little presumptuous, but, for future meets, it might be a good idea to have some form of badge, patch or other means of identification.
(I am happy to get something sorted).

Hi guys, I am very new to the forum and don't really know anyone on here.

I am very interested in attending this meet though, would that be okay ?

I agree with one of the posters that it is very awkward when meeting up trying to work out who is a part of the organised meet and who is just there for their own purpose.

I think my best bet is to have my camera actually out of my backpack and if anyone feels a little unsure, just walk up to me and ask "You from Talk Photography ?" with a friendly smile.
Just look for the dude standing there with a Canon EOS 1100D hanging round his neck.

Don't know if this is a little presumptuous, but, for future meets, it might be a good idea to have some form of badge, patch or other means of identification.

You are more than welcome to come along :)

Having your camera out would be a good plan, we are meeting under the timeboard near the main entrance to the station so that should narrow it down a bit as well :)

Hi Kry10, only too glad to have you along however I did notice that your camera is one of those new-fangled dijical ones and this is an old-fangled film camera meet.....not trying to put you off but a few of our more senior members have hot flushes and fall writhing to the ground at anything newer than 1924.

Andy

Hi Kry10, only too glad to have you along however I did notice that your camera is one of those new-fangled dijical ones and this is an old-fangled film camera meet.....not trying to put you off but a few of our more senior members have hot flushes and fall writhing to the ground at anything newer than 1924.

Andy

We could always lend him a fillum camera then we wouldn't have to stone him :eek:

No problem, I do have a Canon EOS 500N film camera with a couple of rolls of film, color, not B&W, so, can bring this along too.
I do prefer to use my digital camera though as I tend to do a lot of digital darkroom stuff.

No problem, I do have a Canon EOS 500N film camera with a couple of rolls of film, color, not B&W, so, can bring this along too.

(y)

Excellent stuff, I get fed up with having to carry loads of rocks around just in case someone uses a digi....

Excellent stuff, I get fed up with having to carry loads of rocks around just in case someone uses a digi....

I find it easier to use my RB67 on a tripod as a form of bludgeon, even the sight of it will make the sinners repent :nuts:

robhooley167 said:
I find it easier to use my RB67 on a tripod as a form of bludgeon, even the sight of it will make the sinners repent :nuts:

Or run. In the knowledge that the thing weighs you down and you won't be able to catch them! ;)

I might bring my favourite 'walkabout' camera again, the RZ67 :LOL:

I think it should more rightly be described as a stoop-about camera........

...Don't know if this is a little presumptuous, but, for future meets, it might be a good idea to have some form of badge, patch or other means of identification.
It's not a problem with Film Meets - most of the people there smell like the contents of a chemistry lab, and they keep blinking because they're not normally out of the darkroom very long at any one time :LOL:

I think it should more rightly be described as a stoop-about camera........

As if I'm not already vertically challenged enough without stooping :LOL:

Would it be okay with the guys attending this meet, if I used my digital camera instead ?
I am trying to work on improving things like composition and developing a creative eye (preferably two, lol).
I promise that I won't be baffling people with techie talk.
I would be happy to use my film camera if people would prefer that, I don't want to cause problems within the group.

Would it be okay with the guys attending this meet, if I used my digital camera instead ?
I am trying to work on improving things like composition and developing a creative eye (preferably two, lol).
I promise that I won't be baffling people with techie talk.
I would be happy to use my film camera if people would prefer that, I don't want to cause problems within the group.

As long as you hide it under a copy of BJP it will be fine.

Seriously though, I have absolutely no problem the more the merrier IMHO, of course you will have to put up with us stopping, getting lightmeters out and covering our heads with blankets while we try to frame shots that are not only back to front but upside down as well :LOL:

Not a problem at all, I'll be taking my digital as a backup, as whenever i only take my film gear out I invariable muller the exposure by about 5 stops and end up with unusable photos :nuts:

No probs, as Nick says the more the merrier. And TBH I think that the majority of us shoot both digi and film, for me its just a case of concentrating on one format at a time as my mind cannot (or will not, bloody thing has a mind of its own ??) manage two different things at once.

Wish I could come along, but I'm visiting my father that weekend.

I'll just have to keep an eye out if you do it again.

sorry caps wont be able to make this now ,,,,and my excuse is ...................
i was going to use my wifes chariot to get there ,got to use her's because mine is too thirsty . hers -three cylinders and one litre . mine- six cylinders and two and a half litres .plus i suffer from a medical condition called leadusright-footus ,so would have cost too much in mine ( certainly for a day trip ) anyway , about a month ago she was taking my eldest daughter for a job interview ,they stopped at the back of a queue on the m20 ,and the man in van coming up behind didn't ( stop ) should get paid out at the end of this week , but havn't got time to sort out another vehicular in time ,but i really want to get ooooop north some time ( this year would be nice )
anyway its turning into a djikical meet so :razz:

DSC_0020_Copy_.JPG

Thats a shame

For those interested, i will look at some places in Edale for us to go, if the weather is uninspiring when we get there we can always mosey around Manchester as there is enough to shoot there

I'm still up for this, especially as Rob has just told me the film lot will end up in the pub by 1pm!

Just want to throw a question into the mix......

I used to be a Children's Entertainer (magician) and a group of magicians would meet every month in Manchester at the KRO Bar at Piccadilly Gardens.
I was the one who arranged reserved seating for our group, would something like this ever be a good idea for the group, so as to give us all a regular location to meet up at ?

My tickets to Manchester picadilly are booked, will be there at 10, I'll wait under the time board near the main entrance

Will PM my mobile number to anyone who may need it

Likewise (well, don't need to book tickets as I live in Manchester, lol).
I will be there with my camera on display, should be easy to work out who I am.

I've sent out my mobile number to everyone except Raathistle as he has got his inbox full, so if someone has a way of passing it on to him could they please do so :)

I should be good for this, not currently working that Saturday so unless something changes I'll be there.

I'll be meeting you guys at Edale as it's much closer than going to Manchester to come back out again. I'll likely be up there quite early for some early morning stuff around the reservoirs/the hope valley if anyone else is getting there not on the train

Train details, for those who wish to book in advance, we will be getting the 10-45 train from Manchester Picadilly to Edale, this should get us there for half 11 :)

The main thing I need help from you guys is, finding good subject matter and getting good composition.
It's going to be great to chat with like minded people.

Back