The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Oh wow, that’s generous, thank you :)!
I had thought about the thumb rest by my thumb naturally wants to sit on rear built in grip
Unfortunately all I can find are a couple (a metal one and a half-case) for the X-Pro2, also X-T1, X100F, and an anomaly of a half-case which doesn't appear to fit anything I have ever owned but is certainly not X-Pro1. Sorry!

Unfortunately all I can find are a couple (a metal one and a half-case) for the X-Pro2, also X-T1, X100F, and an anomaly of a half-case which doesn't appear to fit anything I have ever owned but is certainly not X-Pro1. Sorry!
No worries, thanks for looking :)

Really glad to hear that you're getting on well with the XP1 - even more interested to hear what you think of the 7artisans 35/1.2 - the reviewers give it a mixed result but those I know who have it really rate it.

Really glad to hear that you're getting on well with the XP1 - even more interested to hear what you think of the 7artisans 35/1.2 - the reviewers give it a mixed result but those I know who have it really rate it.

I quite like it to be honest, it makes for a really lightweight option.
Biggest issue for me with the 7artisans is the clickless aperture ring, that's the only bit I really don't like that much to be honest.

Last edited:
I just got the x pro 1 at the start of the week, been a Sony user for years. I’ve been using it with a couple of canon fd lenses but I want an auto focus lens. I’m struggling between the 23mm f2 and the 35mm f2. 50mm is my favourite focal length but 35mm works better inside and can be cropped to a 50mm.
Are they as good as each other or does one out perform?

I’ve owned both, I sold the 35mm and kept the 23mm it’s a great little lens. But I also have the 35 f1.4 which may have influenced my decision, but to be honest it doesn’t get a lot of use, nowhere near as much as my 23 f2. As for performance , iq wise they were very similar, I think the 23 has a slight edge on auto focus.

Last edited:
I've owned both 23mm & 35mm f2's and there's very little to choose between either of them. If I was buying again today I'd probably buy the 35mm f2 as that's a natural focal length to shoot with for me.

Guess, at the end of the day either will give you a good turn - all comes down to what suits you best.

I've never owned either of Fuji's 23mm offerings, which is a bit strange as when I shot FF I loved a 35mm. I avoided the 23F2 because it's known to be soft for close ups, and I love using these little primes for that purpose. I didn't try the 23 1.4 originally when I had the X-T1 and Xpro1 because tbh I couldn't afford it, back then it was pretty expensive and would have been a luxury lens to me

I have owned both versions of the 35mm Fujis though. Hard to choose between them, I think the 1.4 rendered nicer and has that extra stop of light, but the F2 is much quieter, faster and weather sealed. The 35F2 doesn't suffer that softening for close focusing as bad as the 23F2, but it is still there a little. I now own the 50F2 and I think it's better in every ay over the 35, but is't a completely different lens of course. It has no signs of CA, it's sharp as hell at F2 even at closest focus and it's sharper overall I would say. but if you must have a 35 it's the age old question: what's more important to you? If the 35 1.4 had WR and was quieter I would most definitely recommend it. That's the difference IMO

Last edited:
Picked up an immaculate/mint/as new X-Pro1 body from Camera Jungle, described as 'Mint -', it came with original boxs/charger/usual bits n' pieces, it arrived this morning......here's the first initial shot using the XF56;

New bits... by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-Pro1 -- XF56 -- iso 320 -- @ f/2

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/9375734976/dpreview-tv-fujifilm-x-pro-3-hands-on-preview

review here sounds like its just got the same sensor and processor from the xt3 ,a new film simulation, which will prob added to the xt3 anyway with firmware update
im not a fan of how they have implemented the new drop down screen
i think its takin away from the whole ethos of the pro range, just my opinion of course,
i think the new flag ship pro is going to turn into fujis white elephant
of course everyone will buy it at first coz its new, but i think thers going to be a lot a second hand pro 3's very quickly
but maybe im wrong, what do i know

Also Peter next time you have a brain fart and your going to sell your Fuji stuff again, for Nikon please let me know then I can talk some sense into you

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/9375734976/dpreview-tv-fujifilm-x-pro-3-hands-on-preview

review here sounds like its just got the same sensor and processor from the xt3 ,a new film simulation, which will prob added to the xt3 anyway with firmware update
im not a fan of how they have implemented the new drop down screen
i think its takin away from the whole ethos of the pro range, just my opinion of course,
i think the new flag ship pro is going to turn into fujis white elephant
of course everyone will buy it at first coz its new, but i think thers going to be a lot a second hand pro 3's very quickly
but maybe im wrong, what do i know

I think the idea behind the screen is a good one, I hate that I check the photo Ive just taken after nearly every shot. HOWEVER it seems like a strange way to go about it. Surely they could have done with software. Why not be able to deactivate the playback function as and when you want to? Just having the ability to unassign the function from a button on the back of the camera would make chimping far less likely. Not only that you would be able to do it to all x pro cameras with a firmware update. That coupled with a fully articulating/rotating screen like the Epson R-D1 would achieve what theyve done with the XPRO3 but also give the option of a traditional screen

Many cameras already have the ability to 'hide' the LCD. Pretty much any camera with a 'fully' articulating LCD gives you the option to face the LCD inward. This xpro3 flip down LCD is just odd, and limiting. Fuji give the spiel that they're doing it for the purist, those into film photography, those who don't want to 'chimp' etc, seems to me like a loads of BS to promote a terrible idea.

It is strange to tailored SO much into street photography and pretty much alienates a lot of other genres. I commend their dedication to the cause but boy, it seems like a backward step in terms of progress, especially when you can't turn the screen 180 degrees like in a Canon 90D.

I have a question regarding the x pro 1. When using the optical viewfinder it shows the centre focus point but also shows the focus point for the closest focus. Is it possible to remove the close focus point?

It’s probably my fault for deciding I wanted to buy one.

Picked up a Leica M to Fuji X mount adaptor for my old X-Pro1 today. This should be a bit of fun shooting at f1.2.

I don’t use my X-Pro1 much now but it’s still the favourite Fuji camera I’ve owned.

B1C84850-5FAF-40A6-BECB-9FE8A2CA049B.jpeg

Picked up a Leica M to Fuji X mount adaptor for my old X-Pro1 today. This should be a bit of fun shooting at f1.2.

I don’t use my X-Pro1 much now but it’s still the favourite Fuji camera I’ve owned.

View attachment 266188
Still persevering with the old clunker, I see. ;)

Absolutely, not my primary body now but still fun to use.

very nice, just ordered a 23mm f2 for mine for a bit of auto focus fun.
Considering another one myself, but I’ve too many cameras already. Honestly. :rolleyes:

I'm relatively new to Fujifilm cameras and my first foray has been with an X-Pro1. I managed to pick up an immaculate body from a famous auction website for just £160 a few months ago (and it arrived in an 'as new' condition). I'm so pleased I made the switch, it's been such a revelation. I love the compact body and light lenses and also the image quality. I have considered an X-Pro2 but just feel that the 1 does everything I need it to so won't be changing just yet.

I'm relatively new to Fujifilm cameras and my first foray has been with an X-Pro1. I managed to pick up an immaculate body from a famous auction website for just £160 a few months ago (and it arrived in an 'as new' condition). I'm so pleased I made the switch, it's been such a revelation. I love the compact body and light lenses and also the image quality. I have considered an X-Pro2 but just feel that the 1 does everything I need it to so won't be changing just yet.
Glad to hear you’re enjoying it. Such a great price as well. Paid roughly the same for mine. I traded my original for an X-Pro2, but for the majority of the time the 1 still does a great job over the 2.

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it. Such a great price as well. Paid roughly the same for mine. I traded my original for an X-Pro2, but for the majority of the time the 1 still does a great job over the 2.

I think the only reason i'd move to the 2 would be the extra MP available, but that's not a deal breaker for me and i'm quite happy withe the 16 the 1 offers (i'll never need to print bigger than A1 so no need).

Back