The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Amazon are also doing it for £899 with the Fuji lens offer, but they throw in a £50 voucher as well - so if you've any other purchases that's cheaper than either.

That £50 voucher plus the £100 Fuji cash-back on certain lenses make a 3 lens package very sweet, but the extra lens needs to be ordered separately after leaving a few days for the £50 to be credited to your Amazon account. The WEX Hadley is still a bargain, but a £100 bargain rather than a £50 bargain ;)

.. mine's just been dispatched today, should be here in the morning :D to be wrapped and put away until my birthday :(

Amazon are also doing it for £899 with the Fuji lens offer, but they throw in a £50 voucher as well - so if you've any other purchases that's cheaper than either.

That £50 voucher plus the £100 Fuji cash-back on certain lenses make a 3 lens package very sweet, but the extra lens needs to be ordered separately after leaving a few days for the £50 to be credited to your Amazon account. The WEX Hadley is still a bargain, but a £100 bargain rather than a £50 bargain ;)

.. mine's just been dispatched today, should be here in the morning :D to be wrapped and put away until my birthday :(

now THAT is a result! Is there a time limit on the voucher?

March 3rd iirc. I've had two lots of credit in the past few weeks (X-Pro1 and X-M1), both were applied to my basket within 24hrs, just need to make sure you're buying an item direct from Amazon.

As I said a page back, via Amazon £1,158 (after cash-back) gets the body with 18mm, 35mm and 60mm lenses. Or you could put the £50 towards the Fuji flash or another accessory (it's good for anything bought direct from Amazon), but you wouldn't then be maximising the £100 cash-back from Fuji on the third lens. You need to watch your ordering though, Amazon say they'll get the £50 credit against your account within 3 days of dispatch. So if they're flying off the shelves you're time bound because the £100 cash-back from Fuji applies only to lenses bought before January 16th - link to Amazon Fuji cash-back page

I get the impression that Fuji really want to get the X-series established in the UK this winter, they're going all out to make transferring into the system affordable. When you factor in their ongoing product support via firmware upgrades, this makes two very significant points of difference between them and Sony.

If you're considering the X-Pro1 / 18 / 35 / 60 combo via the deal you can essentially get an obscenely cheap X-M1 out of it if you do things in the right order...

X-M1 + 16-50mm = £429 (+ £100 cashback + £100 credit)
Use £100 credit against X-Pro1 + 18mm + 60mm (via rebate) = £799 (+ £50 credit)
Use £50 credit against 35mm = £359 (+ £100 cashback)
Sell 16-50mm (£130)

Total outlay once cashback is received is £1257, take the X-M1 out and it would have been £1158 anyway. So the X-M1 ends up adding about £100 to the cost of the X-Pro1 and 3 primes combo (or sell the X-M1 as well and you should comfortably make a bit of money from it)

Last edited:
That would be good. What are your thoughts on the flash, good points & bad etc...

The x20 flash is really only useful as a fill flash, I think. It is small and not too powerful so you could never light anything too far away or too large. But as it is small it adds nicely to the X-Pro1. The usual flashgun (like the Fuji 42 flash) just looks silly on the small bodies and ruins tha handling. You can also use ithe x20 off the mount using a short sync cable. This seems the thing to do for events as TTL works well and you get the flash off camera. Recycling times aren't great as it uses aaa batteries to keep the unit small, but I guess the relevanmce of this depends on how you use it. I find the Fuji quite a slow camera in any case so the flash delay isn't an issue for me.

To be honest though, I've barely used it since I got it as I am not really a flash person. I don't know why I keep buying flashes when they just sit in my bag. To cap it all, I bought an X-E1 which has a built in flash for the rare occasions I might use one.

I ordered from Amazon, 899, instant voucher, 850, 35mm with voucher 359 and 100 cashback is 259. Will claim 60mm.

Total for XP1 with 3 lenses: 1109 :banana:

Last edited:
You've counted the voucher twice, I think.

Sorry to hijack the thread but thought I would post here as not much happening in the wanted thread. I am looking for a M39-FX adapter for my fuji X-E1. If anyone has one they want to move on my wanted thread is here.

Steve

If you're considering the X-Pro1 / 18 / 35 / 60 combo via the deal you can essentially get an obscenely cheap X-M1 out of it if you do things in the right order...

X-M1 + 16-50mm = £429 (+ £100 cashback + £100 credit)
Use £100 credit against X-Pro1 + 18mm + 60mm (via rebate) = £799 (+ £50 credit)
Use £50 credit against 35mm = £359 (+ £100 cashback)
Sell 16-50mm (£130)

Total outlay once cashback is received is £1257, take the X-M1 out and it would have been £1158 anyway. So the X-M1 ends up adding about £100 to the cost of the X-Pro1 and 3 primes combo (or sell the X-M1 as well and you should comfortably make a bit of money from it)

Wait, you get £100 voucher from Amazon with the X-M1, but only £50 with the X-Pro 1 ?

Actually, just thought of something, please correct me if I am wrong.

X-M1 (£100 cash back, £100 amazon voucher), so the camera with the 16-50mm = £350.
With the £100 Amazon Voucher buy the Fuji 35mm 1.4, claim another £100 cashback. so the lens is £300.

So that's £650. Is that right?

Actually, just thought of something, please correct me if I am wrong.

X-M1 (£100 cash back, £100 amazon voucher), so the camera with the 16-50mm = £350.
With the £100 Amazon Voucher buy the Fuji 35mm 1.4, claim another £100 cashback. so the lens is £300.

So that's £650. Is that right?

Initial outlay would be £450 + £309 = £859, then £200 cashback = £659, so yes, that's right :)

Unsurprisingly the X-M1 is the best selling camera on Amazon! I've not actually used my X-Pro1 since it arrived.

Initial outlay would be £450 + £309 = £859, then £200 cashback = £659, so yes, that's right :)

Unsurprisingly the X-M1 is the best selling camera on Amazon! I've not actually used my X-Pro1 since it arrived.

I am going to buy one of these, with a 35mm. Which is a "better" camera?

I know the sensor is the same, which AF is better? Which is better to use in the hand? I saw DR's review that the top right dial can be knocked with the index finger while shooting?

What is the built quality like on the X-M1? Is it plastic?

I am going to buy one of these, with a 35mm. Which is a "better" camera?

I know the sensor is the same, which AF is better? Which is better to use in the hand? I saw DR's review that the top right dial can be knocked with the index finger while shooting?

What is the built quality like on the X-M1? Is it plastic?

The main considerations by far would be the lack of a viewfinder and the loss of the shutter speed dial. If you can live with those then it's an amazing, tiny camera. The body is magnesium alloy, it's very, very nicely put together. AF is to me not noticeably different from the XP1. Personally the loss of dials doesn't bother me, Aperture is still controlled directly on XF lenses, as I shoot 99.9% of the time in Aperture Priority away from motorsport this means for me it's no different to controlling the XP1. I haven't knocked the Exposure Comp dial yet, it's pretty stiff and I can't quite figure out how I would accidentally nudge it.

For me the fact it uses the same battery as the XP1 made it a no-brainer, but for motorsport/telephoto stuff I couldn't live without the XP1 due to the significantly larger size and the Shutter Speed dial.

The main considerations by far would be the lack of a viewfinder and the loss of the shutter speed dial. If you can live with those then it's an amazing, tiny camera. The body is magnesium alloy, it's very, very nicely put together. AF is to me not noticeably different from the XP1. Personally the loss of dials doesn't bother me, Aperture is still controlled directly on XF lenses, as I shoot 99.9% of the time in Aperture Priority away from motorsport this means for me it's no different to controlling the XP1. I haven't knocked the Exposure Comp dial yet, it's pretty stiff and I can't quite figure out how I would accidentally nudge it.

For me the fact it uses the same battery as the XP1 made it a no-brainer, but for motorsport/telephoto stuff I couldn't live without the XP1 due to the significantly larger size and the Shutter Speed dial.

I shoot 99% Aperture Priority too, in fact I remember the exact time I last tried to use shutter speed priority....lol

Sounds like a great camera, I guess the viewfinder isn't that much of a problem being it isn't a DSLR so what you see isn't exactly what you get.

I guess the attraction of the X-pro 1 is that the kit lens is also a prime, which is a bonus.

But it is £250 more...

Actually, I think it is £550.

£450 outlay.

£100 cash back on the body, £100 Amazon voucher.

So body is now £350.

£400 lens -£100 voucher = £300

Claim another £100 cash back ?

So £550.

Something to consider is that the pro will balance better than the xm1 with larger lenses and more large lenses are on the way. Xm1 seems ideal for the pancakes though.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great advice on here. I've just ordered an X-Pro1 and 18mm from Amazon. Once the credit goes in I'll get the 35mm while the cash back offer is on and use the free lens offer to get the 60mm macro (as suggested). All I need to do now is wait...

went to town 3pm to check high iso wide apperture today. wow ! 18mm f2 at iso1600 unbelievable results ! can't wait to test the 35mm lens. what a camera ! :p

Actually, I think it is £550.

£450 outlay.

£100 cash back on the body, £100 Amazon voucher.

So body is now £350.

£400 lens -£100 voucher = £300

Claim another £100 cash back ?

So £550.

Xpro1 in my opinion is much nice to hold and balances better with all the lenses. Ray, you need to go and hold one and see what you think! :)

yeah ! I didn't like the x-m1 handling wise. camera obviously is ace but it's no match for the flagship . I like the wifi file transfer though and if I had an extra dough would keep it as a spare.

Xpro1 in my opinion is much nice to hold and balances better with all the lenses. Ray, you need to go and hold one and see what you think! :)

I've ordered it now, for the price I am willing to forgive its handling quirks. It's only for fun anyway. I know it can't compare to my DSLR so I won't judge it against it.

Oooh, let me know how you get on with the Rokkor - I've been thinking about one of these for a while. I bought a few Russian 50mm lenses over the summer while waiting for the 58mm Fuji to come out and they are fine but the Minolta's get a good write-up (I presume you have seen Jonas Rask's webpage?)

Lens arrived yesterday and despite being described as mint, the aperture blades where stuck open...after a bit of faffing I got them free only to discover the blades where full of oil. Got a partial refund and stripped the lens down today , cleaned up the oil and now it's as good as new! So I paid £80 for the 58 with the SRT101 body and got a £25 refund. Bargain :)

Nice lens...a little soft wide open but usable in the right conditions, very sharp stopped down will be a rather nice portrait lens me thinks :)

by AlternatePixel, on Flickr

I've ordered it now, for the price I am willing to forgive its handling quirks. It's only for fun anyway. I know it can't compare to my DSLR so I won't judge it against it.

well apart from hyper fast af I think the IQ is up there with the best up to 35mm dslr's . and is way lighter and nicer to carry then a dslr with a fast zoom . with my optech strap I barely notice it .

What codes did you try? I know some are body only but there was a Christmas special around that worked on lenses too. Might have expired I guess.
To my knowledge all the Xmas codes have now expired. I have put a wanted thread in the classifieds if anyone wants to sell either a 14mm and/or a 60mm.

well apart from hyper fast af I think the IQ is up there with the best up to 35mm dslr's . and is way lighter and nicer to carry then a dslr with a fast zoom . with my optech strap I barely notice it .

I am even willing to use the thing in manual focus. Go really old school. I see it as another camera that I can learn from to take photos and a toy on the side.

I'm selling mine if you are interested. There is an ad up on another forum but I can put it up here as well...

Would be interested in finding out more, price, condition etc... Still undecided on this the 20 or x20.

Back