The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Compared to other manufactures a £1k 'starting' price for such a fast prime isn't too bad, though is a lot compared to the cost of other Fuji primes.

£1000 for a 35mm equiv 85mm 1.8 sounds expensive to me (in terms of shallow DOF).

... one of the highest scoring lenses on DXO is a Nikon 85mm 1.8G, thats £360.

... one of the highest scoring lenses on DXO is a Nikon 85mm 1.8G, thats £360.

Yeah but that's an absolute bargain ;) Also, it's street price not pre-launch price.

With all due deference to the "crop sensors don't really make your lens longer" argument and without checking DOF tables, it seems fair to compare this lens to an 85 1.4 since it combines low light ability and shallowish DOF.

Also, Fuji can try charging what they like - the market will sort it out.

If they could come up with a decent remote flash system then this lens would probably make me ready to ditch the Nikons.......

Im liking these price drops :D

For me the sweet spot would be £650. Heres hoping!

Lets wait and see. Im going with £899.

I'll go with it being found at this time next year at £789 plus a £100 cash-back promotion. Let the early-adopters pay the bleeding-edge premium. Looking at the CPB graphs the usual street price fall-off for Fuji X-series lenses to-date is about 20-30% after 3-4 months.

Personally, I think I'd have preferred an 85mm f/2. Something just a bit longer than 60mm.

£1000 for a 35mm equiv 85mm 1.8 sounds expensive to me (in terms of shallow DOF).

thats why I said 'fast' prime, for me its more about low light ability than depth of field. In reality and real world shooting the DOF difference/usefulness between 1.4 and 1.2 and even 1.8 is going to be negligible.

Last edited:
I'll go with it being found at this time next year at £789 plus a £100 cash-back promotion. Let the early-adopters pay the bleeding-edge premium. Looking at the CPB graphs the usual street price fall-off for Fuji X-series lenses to-date is about 20-30% after 3-4 months.

Personally, I think I'd have preferred an 85mm f/2. Something just a bit longer than 60mm.

I agree, I'd have preferred a 135mm FF equivalent and expect the 56mm to settle at between £700 and £800 fairly quicky.

It looks like the free lens deal has done the job for Fuji.. Amazon, WEX and Calumet now out of stock of the X Pro1.

It looks like the free lens deal has done the job for Fuji.. Amazon, WEX and Calumet now out of stock of the X Pro1.

Glad I pushed the buy button yesterday then !!
One more sleep until my new Xpro-1 arrives.
I can't remember the last time I was this excited about getting a parcel.

Time was it was always Samsung that bought up the Christmas market. Looks like Fuji are playing the game now ;)

Yeah, the deal is crazy good, wonder if they'll get more stock and what the next offer will be (I think the promo ends this month).

perhaps the thinking is to get as many on board the X system platform before the next round of (premium) lenses are released, either that or the denial of a XP2 being on its way is total BS.

Usually they clear models to be replaced. All they have to do is what they did with the X100 and XE1, 'minor' update, double the price. Its just surprising that there arent any rumours of an XP2, as you would expect some if it was being released anytime soon. Theyve also just made their major announcements.

Last edited:
Usually they clear models to be replaced. All they have to do is what they did with the X100 and XE1, 'minor' update, double the price. Its just surprising that there arent any rumours of an XP2, as you would expect some if it was being released anytime soon. Theyve also just made their major announcements.

Also, companies like their bragging rights. Expect a bunch of "best selling system camera of 2013" adverts to come soon.

Attach the XF56mmF1.2 R lens to a body that supports the Lens Modulation Optimizer*** and picture quality leaps even higher thanks to the automatic correction of diffraction when shooting at smaller apertures.

Ooooo, that right there could be a reason to buy an XE-2.

http://www.fujirumors.com/announced-xf-lens-56mm-f1-2-black-x100s-and-more-live-blogging/

True, ("Best selling CSC of 2013 *based on Xmas sales) :)

I wouldnt be bothered with diffraction at smaller apertures. I never shoot massively stopped down but can appreciate some will and its a nice addition for them.

tbf, youve got to hand it to Fuji, with some very good FW updates across the lineup and a decent promo they mustve shifted a hell of a lot of 'old' stock final quarter. Im confident this must have effected XE2 sales. Can tell from the lack of XE2 thread and owners on this forum the uptakes been low.

My Gariz half-case arrived this morning, the 35mm should be delivered tomorrow and then it's a short weight until I can send off for the 60mm. The system is beginning to come together.

tbf, youve got to hand it to Fuji, with some very good FW updates across the lineup and a decent promo they mustve shifted a hell of a lot of 'old' stock final quarter. Im confident this must have effected XE2 sales. Can tell from the lack of XE2 thread and owners on this forum the uptakes been low.

I think they will fade out the XE-1as soon as stock get low,i think Fuji are in it for the long run "hopefully" :)

Yeah, I highly doubt the XP1 or XE1 is still in production. They seem to be doing pretty well and support for older cameras is ongoing as we know.

I'm spending way too much time checking fuji site, rumors and available accessories etc for my xpro1 ! :help:
can't remember the last time I've been such a huge fan of the whole system. I mean - they are nice but nothing fits me as perfectly as fuji :hug:
My only regret is living in UK in january ! :D

I know the JPEGs are pretty good SOOC, but what is the state of play with the RAW files and Lightroom?
I am so used to shooting RAW on my Nikons, so I will probably shoot RAW + Jpeg.
Obviously I need to know how to process them in LR.

I know the JPEGs are pretty good SOOC, but what is the state of play with the RAW files and Lightroom?
I process the fuji raws in LR5 from my X-E1 no probs (y)

Steve

I think you undo a lot of camera trickery when you shoot RAW with fuji. and would need to do it yourself or make some presets in LR that do.

I think you undo a lot of camera trickery when you shoot RAW with fuji. and would need to do it yourself or make some presets in LR that do.

That's what I'm worried about!!
I've never shot a raw capable camera in jpeg only, but this might be the camera which I might try with.
(i'm worried about the PP on a camera which hasn't even been delivered to me yet. Tomorrow it will be in my sweaty mitts!)

As I'm (not-so) patiently waiting on my X-Pro1 to arrive (at some point between tomorrow and Thursday :( ) I've started wondering what the best SD cards to buy are? I've got a few 8gb Kingston and Sandisk which I use with my G15, but the XP1 will be used primarily at weddings etc. I use Kingston 16Gb 266x CF cards in my Canon DSLRs and can't fault them - especially for the price. Any suggestions?

Hi, I shoot RAW with my Fuji X cameras and process them in Lightroom 4.4 with excellent results. More often than not I convert them to DNG on import. And to be perfectly honest I can see no difference in the quality of the images whatsoever. They appear to be just as good with the added bonus of saving a bit of hard disk space. It works for me.

Hope this helps.

Yes, it does help thank you. It is a hard habit to break, shooting raw, so it's good to know I can continue doing so, even if the jpegs are so good.

I'm not sure what Fuji have done to me but normally I would be all over the announced 50-140 2.8, but primes are where it's at for me now.

Really looking forward to the super-telephoto though, 300mm f4 would be nice, not sure if they can make it as small as their mock-up is suggesting though.

As I'm (not-so) patiently waiting on my X-Pro1 to arrive (at some point between tomorrow and Thursday :( ) I've started wondering what the best SD cards to buy are? I've got a few 8gb Kingston and Sandisk which I use with my G15, but the XP1 will be used primarily at weddings etc. I use Kingston 16Gb 266x CF cards in my Canon DSLRs and can't fault them - especially for the price. Any suggestions?

I've just ordered a SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro, I have one or two 35/45Mb/s cards for my Sony compact but there are some convincing reviews/reports that suggest the X Pro1 benefits from the faster 90Mb/s write speed so I thought I'd get at least one card at that spec.

Sandisk Extreme Pro, worked well with my XE1 WAY faster than an Ultra.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting a flash for my X Pro 1. As it will not be used very often I was thinking of getting the EF-20. Does anyone have one and can give me some advice/opinion of what they think of it, or should I get something else?

Back