The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Thanks for the idea on the grip.

Have you got the original Fuji or an aftermarket? If aftermarket what one have you bought and any links.

I have the original. It's very nice but it would be nicer if it were Arca compatible and you could change the battery/card without removing.

I'm looking at the Sunway grip for the Fuji X-E1 and have just emailed the UK distrib to see if one can be had and if they make one for the X-Pro 1.

+1 Im holding off of the old XP1 grip because of battery card issues, I had the old XE1 grip and it was fantastic but the battery/card thing was annoying as I dump my images after each shoot.

That seems like good value. I will wait until I have received camera then decide if I need a grip.

Hopefully I can purchase the camera next week if they come into stock with Wex. By the time I wait the 14 days for claiming the free lens, plus for Fuji to process claim, another month will have probably passed. By that time there maybe some news on new grip if I need it.

Thinking about my current shooting habits it would be unlikely that I would need to change the battery on a day out, so perhaps the current Fuji one would be suitable. But if your spending £60+ plus, it would be better with access to battery and card.

Question for Jonathan Ryan & Twist

Looking at some of the reviews of the camera, some of the reviews mention about knocking buttons and dials when using. How have you found the Fuji grip in that regard? or is there no problem from long time use.????

Simon - You'll find the iQ is that good using the lenses that you can crop the image quite aggressively and still retain a good shot, I frequently do 50% crops and even larger when shooting birds so you should be sorted for the footy.

The grip makes a huge difference for handling but it might be worth waiting for the new grip with the cut out for the battery compartment to arrive as it will make life easier for you.

I would grab the 35mm later when you can as its a fantastic lens, personally it would be my go to lens if I could get out and about.

To be honest I've found the X-Pro1 to be just about the perfect camera for me with my disabilities, light, easy to handle, great manual controls that are easy to use and of course fantastic image quality.

Glad the system is working for you. I hope it's the same for me.

As with you, along with less weight, what I like is the simplicity of changing things in the menu. Press the Q button and everything is there in one go.

Looking at some of the reviews of the camera, some of the reviews mention about knocking buttons and dials when using. How have you found the Fuji grip in that regard? or is there no problem from long time use.????

I haven't noticed the grip making a difference one way or another. Often the exposure comp dial will shift when I pull it out of a bag or carry it over my shoulder. Occasionally the mode dial. The (official) grip is nowhere near either of these.

I dont find an issue knocking dials or buttons when using the camera with or without a grip, not sure how people accidentally knock an exposure dial tbh. Guess its different for everyone though.

Thanks for your reply folks.

On this review http://www.techradar.com/reviews/ca...gital-slrs-hybrids/fuji-x-pro1-1071113/review @ 2.02 mins on video it mentions knocking Q button. I have read so many reviews about some of the quirks of the camera, my head is spinning.

It's why I prefer to take advice from you long term users (hence all my questions) and not somebody who only has the camera for a few days. Suppose I will just have to wait to receive the camera and make my own opinion.

I have managed to accidentally move the exposure dial a couple of times and found that I have taken shots that are over or under exposed by a notch or two. The biggest annoyance is constantly having to clean the view finder glass where I stick my fingers over it. It's in exactly the place where you would grip an SLR.:mad:

I seem to knock the power button more often than the others (turning it on in the bag), it could do with being a bit more positive in the "clicks". But I've only taken it out-and-about a handful of times so far.

Q button for me, it's exactly where the ball of my thumb rests. Not to worry, bootiful cameras.

Just a heads up on the grips. I'm told there will be stock of the Sunway X-E1 grips in the UK at the end of next week. If that's true and they are close to eBay prices then I'll be getting one. Don't know if they do a different grip for the X-Pro 1 or if it can be made to fit but that's one of the first things I'll be checking ;)

Just a heads up on the grips. I'm told there will be stock of the Sunway X-E1 grips in the UK at the end of next week. If that's true and they are close to eBay prices then I'll be getting one. Don't know if they do a different grip for the X-Pro 1 or if it can be made to fit but that's one of the first things I'll be checking ;)

Thanks for the heads up. Keep us informed.

I'm using the original Fuji grip on my X Pro and I have to say that it's a thing of beauty. Unless you told someone they would think that it was integral to the camera. It also puts the tripod thread in the middle of the camera where it should be. It's really easy to take on and off and can be done in seconds. By the way Jonathan, your Leica lens looks gorgeous.

For info. The cameras are back in stock at Wex if anyone is interested.

Just ordered mine for delivery tomorrow, kid and candy shop spring to mind. I have never felt so enthusiastic about my previous camera purchases.

Looking at the body and 18mm kit on Wex with the free Billingham bag and free 60mm Macro from Fuji, to buy individually it would cost £1842.00 approx, and it's slightly cheaper on Amazon? A bargain to be had at £899.00 if you are thinking of purchasing.

Nice one Simon, glad you managed to get one and hope it works out for you. They are lovely, even just opening the very nice packaging makes the camera feel quite special.

It's cheaper on Amazon but you don't get the bag so they're pretty much the same.

For info. The cameras are back in stock at Wex if anyone is interested.

Just ordered mine for delivery tomorrow, kid and candy shop spring to mind. I have never felt so enthusiastic about my previous camera purchases.

Looking at the body and 18mm kit on Wex with the free Billingham bag and free 60mm Macro from Fuji, to buy individually it would cost £1842.00 approx, and it's slightly cheaper on Amazon? A bargain to be had at £899.00 if you are thinking of purchasing.
Did you manage to use your credit note?

Has anybody tried using the xp with the latest firmware to take pics of their kids? Especially when they've had a couple of cans of Pepsi and a few haribos. Looking to by an xp and this is the one thing putting me off. All the reviews I've read appear to be prior to updates.

Has anybody tried using the xp with the latest firmware to take pics of their kids? Especially when they've had a couple of cans of Pepsi and a few haribos. Looking to by an xp and this is the one thing putting me off. All the reviews I've read appear to be prior to updates.

No kids.

But please, pass the Haribo around if you've brought enough to share.. .. .. ;)

Not sure if this upload will work but yea, seems pretty snappy. Don't get me wrong it's no Dslr and I'm sure the x-e2 will do a better job but I'm pretty happy with my keeper rate.

I have managed to accidentally move the exposure dial a couple of times and found that I have taken shots that are over or under exposed by a notch or two. The biggest annoyance is constantly having to clean the view finder glass where I stick my fingers over it. It's in exactly the place where you would grip an SLR.:mad:

Thats the one i am always knocking :arghh:

Did you manage to use your credit note?

Yes, I thought I had £379.00 but they also give me my postage costs back (send & return) so a tenner or so less to find. I must say, I have had excellent service from Wex lately, there customer service for me has been totally outstanding. This is compared to the very slow refund I had from them when I returned a faulty LX7 early 2013.

Camera just arrived, with 18mm lens and free Billingham bag. Hope the battery charges soon before light fails.:D

Nice shots,caught the moments well :)

Has Maggie you "wire hair" had a back operation ? My last one had a ruptured disc removed and was very poorly for a while. He was a very large standard wire.

Hows it 'feel'? In your case more important.

It feels good, a lot lighter than my D7000. I think it will make a huge difference for me. With a prime, hopefully I will also be able to use @ footy. Hold it like a point and shoot, using screen when stewards aren't looking.;)

Battery is still charging, so will probably have a go after I have updated the firmware.

Also, just been on the bay and won a new 16-50 for £103.00. I have bought this just from a price point and for some selling on ebay. It also gives me more coverage while I wait on which lenses I am going to get and see what develops with the 2.8 lens later in year. Looking at my photos I have been taking, I take more tele shots so I need to start saving for the 55-200.

I am happy with the way I am thinking of going with lenses: 18mm, 16-50mm and 60mm Macro, when I can afford the 55-200 I will be well pleased with my kit. Also, for what i have paid for the 16-50 I can try setting @ 18mm and 35mm and see which, or both are my prefered shooting distances and change the 18 or 35 if required.

Happy days.

Last edited:
BTW, anybody thinking of trying out the Samyang 8mm, I'd say go for it.

I got one yesterday and took it out for a play today (it was on my Fuji X-E1 but that thread is a lot less busy than this one.)

Immediate thoughts
  1. Manual focus ain't so hard. Set it at 2m and f4 and it will probably be right unless you get really close. On the downside the focus ring is small and stiff.
  2. You really can get your fingers in the shot if you don't watch out.
  3. I need to stop my habit of leaning on things (walls, lampposts etc) when taking pictures. I kept noticing a shadow on the left side of the lens. It was the thing I was leaning on.
But yeah, lot of fun.

churchy.jpg

Has Maggie you "wire hair" had a back operation ? My last one had a ruptured disc removed and was very poorly for a while. He was a very large standard wire.

Hello. Maggie was hit by a car a couple of years back now, two broken legs and a broken pelvis later and she's all ok. Tough little one :). Lucky to of had insureance as the bill came in at 4k

Also, just been on the bay and won a new 16-50 for £103.00.

Cracking price, I sold mine on eBay for £150 a week or so ago.

On an entirely unrelated note, does anyone who has received their free lens remember which courier it came from? I have a CityLink card but haven't ordered anything, but it's only been 8 days since they received my claim form.

Back