The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

... went out with the 23mm today in decent but very bright light, lens coped well AF got tricked a couple times. Again, F1.4 and a lo-res 100% crop both with no PP. Sorry the samples are random but I mainly take photos of people so dont upload them much.

Last edited:
My 14 days is up on Sunday. Form is filled in, envelope addressed, just need to send it (recorded).
I just hope the Amazon receipt is acceptable as a "till receipt", as I am thinking of sending a print out of the order confirmation e-mail too?
What did others who bought off Amazon do?

I'm going for the 35 BTW.:)

My 14 days is up on Sunday. Form is filled in, envelope addressed, just need to send it (recorded).
I just hope the Amazon receipt is acceptable as a "till receipt", as I am thinking of sending a print out of the order confirmation e-mail too?

How have you found the new camera? Has it lived up to your expectations? Any niggles?

Last edited:

Have a read of the T&C's, it tells you what to do to online orders.

I didn't wait the 14 days sent it in straight away. Chap at Fuji said everything was in order...

How have you found the new camera? Has it lived up to your expectations? Any niggles?

Hi Mike.
It has been a steep learning curve for me, as it is such a big change after 25+ yrs of Nikon shooting.
Now that I am starting to get used to the focussing differences of the XP1 I am starting to enjoy it more and more.
I am more of a portrait shooter than anything else, so the 18mm lens is out of my normal comfort zone. The widest I have in my Nikon line up is a 35mm.
However, I am enjoying how portable the camera is.
Camera, 3 or 4 lenses in a small bag, and I'll take it anywhere, and it will still weigh less than my gripped D700 body !
This was my main reason for going down the Fuji path, as an addition, rather than a replacement for my Nikon gear.
Loving it so far, and very impressed with the IQ of this camera!!

Hi Mike.
It has been a steep learning curve for me, as it is such a big change after 25+ yrs of Nikon shooting.
Now that I am starting to get used to the focussing differences of the XP1 I am starting to enjoy it more and more.
I am more of a portrait shooter than anything else, so the 18mm lens is out of my normal comfort zone. The widest I have in my Nikon line up is a 35mm.
However, I am enjoying how portable the camera is.
Camera, 3 or 4 lenses in a small bag, and I'll take it anywhere, and it will still weigh less than my gripped D700 body !
This was my main reason for going down the Fuji path, as an addition, rather than a replacement for my Nikon gear.
Loving it so far, and very impressed with the IQ of this camera!!
I was in the same boat as you, I also had a gripped Nikon D700 with pro lenses which I was beginning to find a pain to carry around. However it is taking some getting used to, but I think I am getting there now. I too am waiting on a 35mm lens but I think I will get a 14mm for landscape which is my main interest. I have tried a 60mm but it wasn't for me and am in the process of selling it. Good luck with the X Pro, and look forward to seeing some test samples! By the way, I too sent my form in early and it is not a problem.

I just printed my Amazon invoice, via the orders page and posted early. Online copy is fine or original store receipt.

Just put my two claims in the post (cash-back and free lens -60 mm), I included copies of the order confirmation and the invoice from Amazon just to be sure (you can reprint this from Your Orders).

I may well give landscapes a try, as we walk for miles with our dog, and given the portability of the Fuji, I will start taking it with me.
Who knows, I might be a landscape convert.
If this happens, I would be looking at the 14mm too, there are some great shots online with that lens.
But to start, I'll stick to the 18 for a while.
I am going to buy the 60mm, definitely, but it will have to wait a couple of weeks, else the wife will bury me!!

I just included the slip that Amazon include in the box.

Waited 14 days, posted it off and my lens arrived 8 days later, great service!

Need to send my £100 cash back claim now as well, so will be interesting to see how quick that is.

Have a read of the T&C's, it tells you what to do to online orders.

I didn't wait the 14 days sent it in straight away. Chap at Fuji said everything was in order...

did you phone them up or dropped an email ? I would be interested to know whether I'm on the list or not ! :)

I'm probably late to the party, but I just tried the 55-200. The OIS on it is literally incredible.

SharpISH shots at 1/8s and 300mm. Nothing you'd want to blow up big at that speed but far better IS than on my Nikon 70-200 (Mk I).

I'm probably late to the party, but I just tried the 55-200. The OIS on it is literally incredible.

SharpISH shots at 1/8s and 300mm. Nothing you'd want to blow up big at that speed but far better IS than on my Nikon 70-200 (Mk I).

Yep, its a good lens indeed, had mine a little while and taken a few shots with it but not many yet. Damian Lovegrove uses one for portraits! :)

My X-Pro1 arrived today, battery in, firmware updated on body, 18mm & 35mm just waiting for sunrise!

I fancy getting a leather half case for my X Pro. Has anyone bought one? Was it a bargain? I really fancy a Gariz Case ...link HERE
expensive but it looks really classy. (also comes in black)

Last edited:
I bought the Gariz in the brown finish and I think it looks fantastic. So much so, I've since ordered the matching strap. It is probably more of a fashion accessory for the camera than a protection, although it does give a decent degree of protection to the bits it does cover. It also just adds a little more substance to the grip and the weight/balance of the body.

I bought the Gariz in the brown finish and I think it looks fantastic. So much so, I've since ordered the matching strap. It is probably more of a fashion accessory for the camera than a protection, although it does give a decent degree of protection to the bits it does cover. It also just adds a little more substance to the grip and the weight/balance of the body.

I've the black Gariz for my XE1 and the extra grippiness it affords is very helpful. I switch between using it and using the Fuji grip as they both do the job well. I've big hands so the extra depth the half case gives is handy. Acess to the battery and card is still fiddly I find as the screw once firmly in place still obstructs the door. But it isn't a big thing, and to be honest I was quite happy removing the grip each time and the case is certainly easier than that.

Where did you get them from? I cant seem to find a strap other than the gunslip strap in the UK. Ebay has them but in S. Korea?

Last edited:
I've ordered the strap from Ebay, my case same from the same source. I'm happy to wait a week or so to receive it. As I understand it, the gunslip is the same strap - it just comes with the roller clip for the optional loop on the bottom of the case. I've used the screw rather than the loop, because as Ian notes the loop obstructs the battery door - and I'm currently using the Fuji strap anyway.

I fancy getting a leather half case for my X Pro. Has anyone bought one? Was it a bargain? I really fancy a Gariz Case ...link HERE
expensive but it looks really classy. (also comes in black)

Those cases are nice, got one but it does fit any of my cameras, not sure which camera it came with :)

I've ordered the strap from Ebay, my case same from the same source. I'm happy to wait a week or so to receive it. As I understand it, the gunslip is the same strap - it just comes with the roller clip for the optional loop on the bottom of the case. I've used the screw rather than the loop, because as Ian notes the loop obstructs the battery door - and I'm currently using the Fuji strap anyway.
Sorry for being dull but is the neck strap the same as the gun shot strap because looking at the description they may be be two different items? Did you have to pay any customs duty?

Last edited:
Sorry for being dull but is the neck strap the same as the gun shot strap because looking at the description they may be be two different items? Did you have to pay any customs duty?

I'm still waiting on the strap, should be here this week. I didn't have any duty on the case, it's been a while since I last paid duty on an import and it's very rare in my experience that small packets under £100 in value are picked up for this. I have had more of a problem with duty on items from the US than from the Far East.

My understanding is that the gun shot is the standard neck strap fitted with this roller clip.

With my old 40D I found I could adjust a standard optech strap to lie across my body with enough movement under a jacket to lift to the. Not as smooth as a rapid style strap but it worked for me. I'm giving myself a while with the X Pro1 to see what arrangement will work best for me.

My 16-50 has arrived and from SOOC quick snaps it seems fine for my needs and for the £103.00 I paid for it. I will probably sell the 18mm which came with the camera and get the 35mm as a walkabout lens. I am waiting patiently to send my claim for the free 60mm lens.
I also managed to get a new Original Fuji Grip for £37.50 from ebay. This makes the camera much better for me.

<iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/95599258@N06/11962521503/in/photostream/player/" width="500" height="333" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/95599258@N06/11962238745/in/photostream/player/" width="500" height="333" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry for the links I haven't quite mastered the code copying from Flick'r to here to upload photos directly.

Last edited:
I've the black Gariz for my XE1 and the extra grippiness it affords is very helpful. I switch between using it and using the Fuji grip as they both do the job well. I've big hands so the extra depth the half case gives is handy. Acess to the battery and card is still fiddly I find as the screw once firmly in place still obstructs the door. But it isn't a big thing, and to be honest I was quite happy removing the grip each time and the case is certainly easier than that.

This is the case in the flesh, so to speak.. I had to take a shot to show family as they've contributed towards it as my 40th birthday present to myself. I couldn't really reveal it before today, although I have had a couple of walkabouts already..

.. I really love the colour.

Lol this must be the Harley we brought for are 40th. I too got a x-pro1 for my 40th and a black half case and red soft release with the help of family members.
Hope you like it n happy 40th.

This is the case in the flesh, so to speak.. I had to take a shot to show family as they've contributed towards it as my 40th birthday present to myself. I couldn't really reveal it before today, although I have had a couple of walkabouts already..

.. I really love the colour.
Very nice Alastair. I was going to order the black one, now I'm not so sure :thinking:
Also I'm a bit unsure which colours to order so that they match? I take it this is your case HERE
but the brown strap HERE doesn't seem to match?

Last edited:
Back