The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Not dropping the Nikon SLRs completely but I am chopping in one of the FF bodies to fund most of an X-1-Pro outfit. I am lobbing an extra £400 in to get an 18, 60, 18-55 & 55-200 kit. Not sure if I'll keep the 18 as well as the zoom - might end up trading it in against something wider when available. Picking the Fuji kit (minus the 60 which is a send away offer) tomorrow lunchtime. Typically, I have an eye test tomorrow afternoon which will involve being basically blinded afterwards (pupil expanding drops so will need shades afterwards!) so will have to content myself with RingTFM and fiddling with buttons, although there is sometimes some charge in Fujis as shipped so might manage a brief play.

NEW TOY!!! :D

How are you finding the 55-200mm ? I was thinking of buying one for rugby photography, I know it's kind of against the whole xpro-1 prime lens ethos, but for convenience and longer reach and OIS I am giving it serious consideration. I'm finding my 7D and 70-300 L zoom a bit cumbersome , especially If there a few pints consumed after the game :)

I only received the lens last week. We went to Mumbles Saturday to try the lens out. I managed to catch a couple of BIF, nothing spectacular, but I caught them. From my initial testing out the back and Mumbles the IQ of the lens and body combo has been excellent. The only other mid - long zooms I have had experience with have been Tamron 70-300VC, Nikon 75-300 and Nikon 70-300vr from what I have taken so far the lens is superior to the ones I have mentioned. Due to shoulder injuries and nerve damge I found the OIS very quiet and excellent along with the lightness.

You can get them from Fujishop refurbed for £399.00 I bought mine with the 35mm to claim the two lens cash back of £300.00. If you can afford the two lens purchase it's the cheapest way of purchasing. Assume you go for the same deal as me I paid £958.00 for zoom and 35mm lens , claim £300.00 cashback, sell new 35mm for £300.00 the 55-200 then costs you £358.00. A second hand one went for £441.00 last week on ebay!

Hope the above helps
Simon

Cheers for that. The zoom is generally on sale ATM for £549 with the £100 cash back offer that makes it £449. If the IQ is as good as most are saying that's a great lens for the price. Overall I'll have got a new xpro 1, 18mm f2, 35mm f1.4 and 55-200mm for £1348, not a bad deal at all I think.

Cheers for that. The zoom is generally on sale ATM for £549 with the £100 cash back offer that makes it £449. If the IQ is as good as most are saying that's a great lens for the price. Overall I'll have got a new xpro 1, 18mm f2, 35mm f1.4 and 55-200mm for £1348, not a bad deal at all I think.
I would say go for it, I don't think you will be disapointed. You could even order from Amazon (not marketplace for cashback) and try it out for a few days. If you dont like it you can send back for refund.

With the current offers it's no brainer for me for the quality, IQ and ease of use you get from the Fuji system.

I have the XP1, 16-50, 55-200 & 35mm which has cost me just over a grand. What other sytem could you buy to match the IQ and quality you get from Fuji.

Last edited:
These are brilliant. They do a whole range of sizes and are cheap as chips and excellent quality. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190611081193&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Will the small one fit the 35 and 60 with the hood on. Its hard to tell with the dimensions with a drawstring.

Thanks for the link Mike, as Andy has said it would be great if you could advise on sizes to get.

I need one each for 14,18,35,60 and either 50-230 or 55-200.

OK the Large fits a 55-200, a medium fits 18-55 zoom , and the 35 and 14 fit into a small (snugly), but none have been tried with the hoods on. The 60mm with hood on would probably go into a Medium bag which is about 5.5 inches long (you'll have to measure the lens and hood). They are made of neoprene, have a strong draw string with lockable toggle, and there is a hard nylon hook if you want to hook it securely to the outside of a rucksack or coat and there is also an integral nylon loop which you can fit onto a belt. Let me know if you want to take further measurements.

Incidentally, If you drop the seller a quick line she will bundle you together just the ones you want to save having to make multiple orders. She answers very quickly and posts immediately.

Last edited:
Cheers MikeM. On a side point I don't suppose anyone has one of the Fuji leather black straps going spare. I managed to get a second hand case at a reasonable price but with no strap. If anyone has one we can go do it properly in the classifieds......

I decided just to go ahead and order the one on Ebay. By the time I would have dithered and then ordered elsewhere this one will probably be here. And I'll save a few pounds with this one.

Camera collected along with a couple of lenses, battery on charge, firmware update downloaded and waiting on SD card. Me 1/2 blind with f/0.5 pupils after Diabetic eye screening (screen brightness down to minimum and I'm still squinting at it!)

Lad's the discount code PAYPAL12 is working again for the fuji refurbished shop, just pay via paypal and get a nice discount,I just picked up an X-Pro1 body for £449 instead of £499

Cheers MikeM. On a side point I don't suppose anyone has one of the Fuji leather black straps going spare. I managed to get a second hand case at a reasonable price but with no strap. If anyone has one we can go do it properly in the classifieds......

Do you mean the one that came with the camera?

If so then I have one as new as I replaced mine with a soft canvas one.

Do you mean the one that came with the camera?

If so then I have one as new as I replaced mine with a soft canvas one.

Thanks for the reply. I mean the one that comes with the leather case.
Cheers

Anyone have a Nikon fit adapter for the XPro they would recommend? I fancy giving my Siggy 10-20 a try on the Fuji.

I use the Fotodiox Pro Nikon-to-X mount on my XE-2 and am very happy with it. Well made and in the G mount version gives some coarse aperture control. Costs about GBP40 from Amazon. Mine took a week to arrive from The States.

Result! While putting the charger in the drawer reserved for such things, I spotted that it was very similar to the one for the HS-30. Closer inspection revealed that it was the same charger. Could the batteries be the same? Yup! No need for me to buy spares for the X-Pro.

Anyone manage to find a less annoying way to deal with the parrallax issue? Driving me mad :(

Do i need to forget what i see and start framing offset in my head or will something correct it.?

Anyone manage to find a less annoying way to deal with the parrallax issue? Driving me mad :(

Do i need to forget what i see and start framing offset in my head or will something correct it.?

Move to the Fuji X-T1 or a DSLR :) joking said, when photographing architecture it makes framing very difficult. Another workaround is to shoot 'wide' and crop later in photoshop or similar, that's not ideal though. However, using the live view is the best bet to capture what you see in my humble opinion. I concede this won't always be acceptable though.

Get used to it, use the LCD, theres also an EVF.

EVF innit? Just flip the little flippy thing under your second finger and all your parallax issues will be gone.

Much as I like a proper OVF, being able to flick between O and E instantly is very handy to see what you're getting!

So, had the choice of replacing the XP1 with an XT1 or the 56mm and keeping my XP1, 56mm won. I like the XP1 styling/handling so will hang on for the XP2.

So, had the choice of replacing the XP1 with an XT1 or the 56mm and keeping my XP1, 56mm won. I like the XP1 styling/handling so will hang on for the XP2.

Now tell the nice boys and girls who else's money you've been trying to spend today.

Thats all well and good until you are in a studio with the OVF on, shooting at 1/160 f/8 lets you see nothing!

EVF fails me there, I have an x100 that I never noticed a real issue with until latest firmware issue and now I have the same grief with that, unless I shoot square on and raise/lower myself to compensate for where I want to be.

Just wondered really, its a bit annoying!

Yours, MWAHAHAHHAHAHA, did I succeed? :D

Not yet............................

Thats all well and good until you are in a studio with the OVF on, shooting at 1/160 f/8 lets you see nothing!

EVF fails me there, I have an x100 that I never noticed a real issue with until latest firmware issue and now I have the same grief with that, unless I shoot square on and raise/lower myself to compensate for where I want to be.

Just wondered really, its a bit annoying!

Settings menu #3 preview exposure in manual mode >set to off = sorted

Back