The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Just an up-date to my personal thread.....haha.

It's getting near that time of year again to lit the stoves etc...

Here's a grab shot of our (fabulous) Burley Brampton 8kw wood burner, installed about a year now, a serious heat monster, you can push it to 12kw if need be, amazing heat it kicks out and very efficient, we simply love it..!

Burley Brampton 8kw by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr

X-Pro1 - XF10-24/4 - handheld

Nice bit of kit I lit our wood burner this weekend as it was a horrible day on Saturday.

Here's a grab shot of our (fabulous) Burley Brampton 8kw wood burner, installed about a year now, a serious heat monster, you can push it to 12kw if need be, amazing heat it kicks out and very efficient, we simply love it..!

We had an AGA wood burner installed in 2008 and it makes me look forward to winter. The winter's supply of logs have been seasoning in the log shed since February and I'm just waiting for a cold spell :)

Last edited:
Love the images Andrew, the XF18 is an underrated lens.....! Nice to share this dedicated X-Pro1 thread with another XP1 shooter....!!

:)
I'll be honest I use my XT1 mostly due to the difference in speed and the likelihood of not missing that shot but I do like to slow down and whip the Xpro1 of XE1 out from time to time. The original sensor and way the colours/tones are rendered in my opinion are the best out there. Better than the XT1 and Xpro2 at least, it's just a shame the camera takes to long to focus at times. Manual focus and taking my time keeps the smiles coming though!

Skirting board needs painting mate.

Keeping the current autumn theme, I shot this a few years ago, but the colours I'm loving;

Autumn by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr

X-Pro1 - XF10-24

Right Peter,
I have now officially joined the X Pro1 club with the purchase of a Q3 2015 (s/n 53xxxx) example. Can you tell me about the dioptre eyepiece - I can't see clearly through the viewfinder. ATM so do you, or anyone else, know where. I obtain replacements?

Nikon FM-style diopters fit the Fuji's eyepiece.

At B&H Photo, they'll be labeled Diopter for FM3A, FM2, FM, FE2, FE & FA

I took my 'new' XP1 and new XF10-24 on walkabout yesterday - it was a bit heavier than I would have liked but hey ho, you can't have everything. The OH and I went walking the Purbecks in Dorset and here are some of my first XP1 images;

DSCF0600_1068px_zpsvi9ogh3z.jpg

DSCF0602_Mod_1068px_zpsvscucatf.jpg

DSCF0604_Mod_1068px_zps2cbzypeo.jpg

The last one is the Clavell Tower - built as an observatory/folly by a vicar who had more money than sense - he built it close to the cliff edge and recently the new owners (The Landmark Trust) had to dismantle it and move it further inland.

Thinking of picking up a dirt cheap xp1 and pairing with a 23/2. Anyone using one with the 35/2? Guess the AF will be similar, so interested to know how usable it will be :)

Why not just pick up a cheap X100? Smaller and you can have some fun with off camera flash and leaf shutter sync speeds.

Back