The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Been looking for ages to buy a +3 diopter so I can try the X-Pro1 out, can't stand wearing glasses when using a camera.

Finally found a Fuji one, but now can't find a camera cheap enough just to give it a try, it's only really a curiosity thing.

Might have to wait another year or so, there again maybe just sell the diopter and be done with it.

Been looking for ages to buy a +3 diopter so I can try the X-Pro1 out, can't stand wearing glasses when using a camera.

Finally found a Fuji one, but now can't find a camera cheap enough just to give it a try, it's only really a curiosity thing.

Might have to wait another year or so, there again maybe just sell the diopter and be done with it.

How much is cheap enough??

How much is cheap enough??

Good point, less than 200 quid for what is just a bit of fun, got enough X series cameras now what with E1& 2, T1 and Pro2 (traded a T10 for it)

Not bothered about cosmetics or lack of accessories, think I can find a battery and charger, so I shall just have to see what's about

Good point, less than 200 quid for what is just a bit of fun, got enough X series cameras now what with E1& 2, T1 and Pro2 (traded a T10 for it)

Not bothered about cosmetics or lack of accessories, think I can find a battery and charger, so I shall just have to see what's about

LCE have a few (as do mpb) for around the £229 mark

LCE have a few (as do mpb) for around the £229 mark

Thanks, will have a look, still hoping someone on here might be looking to offload an unwanted one cheaply

*Edit* nothing on mpb and cheapest on lce is 249, now you can see my dilemma ;)

Last edited:
Thanks, will have a look, still hoping someone on here might be looking to offload an unwanted one cheaply

I'm thinking of swapping mine for an x100t, but not really decided yet. Would offload mine for £200 if so, but need to think it over first.

I'm thinking of swapping mine for an x100t, but not really decided yet. Would offload mine for £200 if so, but need to think it over first.

Fair enough thank you, I have a wanted thread running so feel free to post an offer in there if it should become available

Last edited:

Well you're right about mpb - they must have sold both recently - XPro1s must still be in demand??

Idea of trying a X-Pro1 abandoned and +3 Fujifilm Diopter will be hitting the classifieds soon. Better to concentrate on the cameras I already have, just one of those whims we all have every now and then

Idea of trying a X-Pro1 abandoned and +3 Fujifilm Diopter will be hitting the classifieds soon. Better to concentrate on the cameras I already have, just one of those whims we all have every now and then
Yes, I suffer from whims and had the XPro whim too - however, I really like the camera as it feels like a film camera and it takes such lovely images too. I'm glad I did now :)

Trouble is that I now have an X100/S/T whim - I had an X100 before and sold it - now I wish I hadn't :-(

I know fully well that none of these whim cameras will make me a better photographer though

Last edited:
Sort of a shameless plug, but knowing how hard it is to find a +3 Diopter wanted to make the X-Pro1 community aware of one for sale in the classifieds

Hopefully the mods won't mind too much, took me a while to find one and for some reason mostly only - values available

Last edited:
My Fujifilm Giveaway is happening in 41 hours 5 minutes!

Get subscribed at youtube.com/dlo247 to be in with a chance of winning my X-Pro1!

15400893_10154107791768341_1217765264899761240_n.jpg

How come your giving it away? Subbed your channel anyway as there's some good info from what I've stumbled on over time. Keep it up!

Thank you!

A company wanted to get involved and paid for the camera so I could give it away in conjunction with them, so I thought it sounded like a good idea!

Just been playing around with HDR Efex on this image - taken yesterday during a walk along the River Hamble - Esso Fawley in the distance Southampton to the right and the IoW to the left - the RNLI station looks after all the shipping in Southampton Water, the Solent and beyond

Hamble%20Lifeboats_HDR_Balanced_zps6c4eykc8.jpg

I was laden with my XP1, XT1 and X100s and whilst it wasn't brilliant weather for photography, I am quite pleased with some (that makes a change!!)

I have an x-e2 which I am very happy with but I do like the the OVF on the X-Pro 1 and the super build quality. With prices tumbling I have been wondering whether to look to swap my x-e2 and get a used X-Pro 1 but wondered how the two would compare - especially as the Pro has an older sensor. Also I wondered whether any of the firmware updates had improved the AF speed / accuracy of the Pro?

The XPro1 is a bit of an old clunker now but it still works fabulously well. I use mine with my 10-24 as a dedicated 'landscape' camera and so the autofocus speed doesn't matter - however, it certainly isn't slow. It is a beautifully made quality camera and I'm glad I swapped my XE2 for it. I feel that it's the one camera I would keep

The XPro1 is a bit of an old clunker now but it still works fabulously well. I use mine with my 10-24 as a dedicated 'landscape' camera and so the autofocus speed doesn't matter - however, it certainly isn't slow. It is a beautifully made quality camera and I'm glad I swapped my XE2 for it. I feel that it's the one camera I would keep
Thanks - do you see any difference in terms of the image quality? I have heard that some people actually prefer the way the older sensor renders skin tones.

Well yes, I think I do - I did a back to back with my XT1 (same image, same lens etc) and definitely preferred the more colourful image from the XPro1. The XT1 image was more muted.

My local store have a used X-Pro 1 in stock so I think I may ask if I can try it out for an hour at the weekend. The price is very tempting.

Ignore. Was going to buy a used pro but saw a xmas deal on a new camera.
Might end up with one later in the year mind you :)

Last edited:
Well I believe it's about time I gave my Xpro1 up. I love it probably more than any other camera BUT it just doesn't get used and the XPro2 gets the love instead. XE1 is suffering the same fate as is the XT1 but an XT2 shall be replacing it I feel. Back to two bodies for different types of photography so less kit to drag around which is ultimately key!

Well I believe it's about time I gave my Xpro1 up. I love it probably more than any other camera BUT it just doesn't get used and the XPro2 gets the love instead. XE1 is suffering the same fate as is the XT1 but an XT2 shall be replacing it I feel. Back to two bodies for different types of photography so less kit to drag around which is ultimately key!

I thought that about my original X100 - sold it - then bought another

Hello X-Pro1 owners,

I m thinking of getting a X-Pro1 as a second camera to my XT2. Last time I tried one was before all the firmware updates, has it improved that much since then? I will be using with lenses up to the 56mm. Thanks

Hello X-Pro1 owners,

I m thinking of getting a X-Pro1 as a second camera to my XT2. Last time I tried one was before all the firmware updates, has it improved that much since then? I will be using with lenses up to the 56mm. Thanks

Just bear in mind that operation is still slow with the X-Pro 1, you might find it frustrating alongside the X-T2. Still a great camera though!

I will be using it with the 35mm f2, 16mm f1.4 and 10-24mm f4 and may be the 56mm f1.2. Is the focus speed better with the newer lenses? I m not expecting to track moving subject nor I would use it in continuous focus mode. It would be mainly used for landscapes or still subjects

I will be using it with the 35mm f2, 16mm f1.4 and 10-24mm f4 and may be the 56mm f1.2. Is the focus speed better with the newer lenses? I m not expecting to track moving subject nor I would use it in continuous focus mode. It would be mainly used for landscapes or still subjects

I used mine with the 23/2 and have no complaints at all, other than the slow image review time / shutter lag etc. Not a problem for landscapes I guess!

I use mine with the 10-24 and it's fine - not as fast as my XT1 but perfectly acceptable for landscape use. It is a beautifully made camera and I love using it.

If my spectacle prescription for my right eye is -1.75, do I need a -1 or a +1 (or 2) diopoter lens for my soon-to-arrive X-Pro1?

So I should have one of these cameras in my hand early next week :) I do like my cameras with grips but I am not too keen on the original Fuji grip as I can't access the battery/memory card slot while the grip is attached. I was wondering if there are 3rd party grips that some of you are using and would recommend? thanks

So I should have one of these cameras in my hand early next week :) I do like my cameras with grips but I am not too keen on the original Fuji grip as I can't access the battery/memory card slot while the grip is attached. I was wondering if there are 3rd party grips that some of you are using and would recommend? thanks
The newer fuji grip has acess

Back