The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

The 35mm is brilliant. I went for the 60mm as the free one, just waiting until I can send it off. I bought the 35mm at the time as I wanted both and its cheaper. Its so good I'm starting to wonder how much I will use the 60mm. May sell that and the 18 at some point to put toward the 14 or 56
So far I'm impressed with the 18, the 35 is equivalent of 50mm on a FF sensor which to be honest isn't my favoured lens, but as my spin on the xpro 1 is a back to basics camera , old school. So I'm looking forward to getting out and about with the xpro and the 18 and 35. I'm thinking back to how much fun I had with my first camera a Zorki 4K with a 50mm lens.

Well 50mm wasn't my favourite either. 35mm equivalent is my favourite which is why I got an x100s but playing with the 35 on the xpro1 just seemed totally different to how I remember a 50 feeling on my 5d. You won't be disappointed. But the 60 looks cracking too. Basically I doubt you will be disappointed with either but the 35 with the lovely wide aperture and faster focusing than the 60 is a must have imho

I just got the Sigma 35mm F1.4 for my Canon 5d3 and I'm loving it, so maybe thats why I'm leaning towards the 35 (even though its 50mm equivalent) The 5d3 with the Sigma 35mm is a huge lump to carry around so I'm hoping the xpro being so much smaller will encourage me to take it out and about more.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I sold my canon 5d2 and 35L. I ended up not taking it out as it was too cumbersome. I'm not regretting the decision

So far I'm impressed with the 18... but as my spin on the xpro 1 is a back to basics camera , old school...

I've only got the 18mm at the moment... I'm waiting to send my receipt off so that I can get the 35mm.

I took the X-Pro out for a few hours this afternoon and really enjoyed having to concentrate on what I was doing... My intention was to get out and shoot this train with my new D800 but I decided to leave it in the car and use the Fuji instead. I'm pretty happy with the way this has come out. :)

And so you should be, its a great shot ! If it ever stops raining here I'm looking forward to spending some time out and about snapping what takes my fancy, I reckonI'll need another battery though .

I've only got the 18mm at the moment... I'm waiting to send my receipt off so that I can get the 35mm.

I took the X-Pro out for a few hours this afternoon and really enjoyed having to concentrate on what I was doing... My intention was to get out and shoot this train with my new D800 but I decided to leave it in the car and use the Fuji instead. I'm pretty happy with the way this has come out. :)

Yep great shot. I'm desperate to take mine out. So busy at the moment. Its driving me mad

True and there's no industry standard that defines "weather"

But there is a British Standard cup of tea..
(anyone that knows/guesses which industry requires that to have a written British Standard can reward themselves with a brew)

True and there's no industry standard that defines "weather"

Bugger..typed too soon. There is an industry standard for weather. Several, in fact. BS EN 14360 and ISO 22958 both define "rain". And, I suspect cameras could be tested for weather-proofing under ISO 9022-7 if any manufacturer chose to do so.

But there is a British Standard cup of tea..
(anyone that knows/guesses which industry requires that to have a written British Standard can reward themselves with a brew)

Munitions?

Munitions?
The tea industry themselves ?

According to a BSi auditor I worked with, the British Standard cup of tea was initially developed for the fabric industry, for measuring stain resistance of carpets, etc. There is now a standard cup of tea that the tea industry use for tasting (ISO 3103, previously BS 6008 - PDF available here).

Anyway, back to normal service..

According to a BSi auditor I worked with, the British Standard cup of tea was initially developed for the fabric industry, for measuring stain resistance of carpets, etc. There is now a standard cup of tea that the tea industry use for tasting (ISO 3103, previously BS 6008 - PDF available here).

Hi, "Nice One".(y)

So who has now dropped their DSLR system in favour of the X-Pro 1?

I have now disposed of all my Nikon kit after selling my D3/24-70 today to a mate who has been after it for ages.

So my kit is now 2 x X-Pro 1's + 14mm + 18mm + 35mm + 18-55mm + 60mm (soon to be a 56mm when they land) + EF-20 flash.

I am happy with the IQ for the stuff I shoot and so are my clients, I am also ££££'s in front after selling all my Nikon FF kit, win win situation for me.. (y)

So who has now dropped their DSLR system in favour of the X-Pro 1?

I have now disposed of all my Nikon kit after selling my D3/24-70 today to a mate who has been after it for ages.

So my kit is now 2 x X-Pro 1's + 14mm + 18mm + 35mm + 18-55mm + 60mm (soon to be a 56mm when they land) + EF-20 flash.

I am happy with the IQ for the stuff I shoot and so are my clients, I am also ££££'s in front after selling all my Nikon FF kit, win win situation for me.. (y)

Ive abandoned my canon 5d2 and 5dc with 35l and 135l for an xpro1 with 18, 35 and 60 and an x100s. Likewise much win occurred in this swap

I am just about to. Looking at both the X-Pro1 the new FT-1. I have been so impressed with my Fuji x10 which I have spent more time using than my DSLR over the last couple of years I guess it was going to be inevitable. I'm impressed with Fujis commitment to the system.

I am just about to. Looking at both the X-Pro1 the new FT-1. I have been so impressed with my Fuji x10 which I have spent more time using than my DSLR over the last couple of years I guess it was going to be inevitable. I'm impressed with Fujis commitment to the system.

Part of what made my decision to swap was taking an X10 & X100 on a 2 month trip to S E Asia, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand & Vietnam.... I was less noticed than my fellow photographers with DSLR's and could get shots that they found impossible as people shy away from "big" in your face camera's.

I even took the X100 into a barbers in Vietnam and got some some wonderful atmospheric shots that just would not have been possible with a DSLR, near silent operation and non threatening appearance won the day over, I'm off to Burma shortly armed with my XP1 & X100S I just know it will be a win win combo.

Strange how none of you have either the 23 or 27mm, instead of the 18mm — any reason for skipping those two?

Strange how none of you have either the 23 or 27mm, instead of the 18mm — any reason for skipping those two?

Hows it strange? The 18mm is wide and bundled free or very cheap, the 23mm isn't. I have the 23mm, that and the 35mm are imo the 2 best fuji lenses available at the moment and the 56 will join them.

I've been tempted to swap back to an X-Pro 1 but everytime I use my D800 I realise how hard it would be to get rid of it, I could see myself with both (I was very close to buying an X-Pro 1 and 23mm f1.4 in November before I bought the D800)

I could not have an xpro and no dslr. It is a perfect additional camera though.

I sold up all my Nikon gear (D7000 and various lenses) and have no regrets.
I couldn't gel with it and liked the simple approach with the XPro and also X100.
Not to mention the colours straight off the camera.

The X series are a joy to use and have a great design which no doubt has helped the success.

I did later pick up a 5Dc however. Coupled with a 28-135 IS and I won't be looking to sell that.
Alongside the X it makes a good addition. For me anyway.
I thought it might just be GAS at first but I get out and use both systems when I can over weekends and days off.

It depends on what you shoot etc and your needs really.
Mirrorless works for some and not others.
Looking at the XT1, the tech is only getting better.

Hows it strange? The 18mm is wide and bundled free or very cheap, the 23mm isn't. I have the 23mm, that and the 35mm are imo the 2 best fuji lenses available at the moment and the 56 will join them.

Just thought it was a bit strange to see most of the recent conversation about the 14 and 18, and 35 and 60. It struck me as odd there wasn't much mention of the 23 or 27 lenses, unless everyone has a 100 or 100S to satisfy the 35mm (effective) angle.
Just wondered if there was something about the two 20s that had people shying away from them – price or absolute quality reservations.

My personal choice was to buy the X100S to fill the 23mm slot. Loved my X100 so was happy to forgo the stop difference but gain a "grab and go" camera. As twist has already pointed out, the best deals around just now and for the past few months have been to buy the X-pro1 with 18mm which gives you the bonus of a free lens. The highest rated lens of the three free choices is the 35mm, so a lot of people choose that. The highest value of the three is the 60mm so for that reason some choose it (or indeed because they are also buying the 35mm)

So my choices led me to having the x-pro with 18,35,60 and the 23mm being taken over by the X100S. Unless a 27mm was to come up at a stupendous price I don't feel I'm missing anything by not having it.

I've also just added a 55-200 to the stable (arriving Tuesday) and a Samyang 8mm fisheye.

Sold my 5DII tonight so my next decision is whether to get a 14mm or hang on to see if there will be any offers on the 10-24 after release???????

And at some point when I can tear myself away from bargain hunting and if the rain ever stops I may actually get out and use the stuff!

Just thought it was a bit strange to see most of the recent conversation about the 14 and 18, and 35 and 60. It struck me as odd there wasn't much mention of the 23 or 27 lenses, unless everyone has a 100 or 100S to satisfy the 35mm (effective) angle.
Just wondered if there was something about the two 20s that had people shying away from them – price or absolute quality reservations.

Yeah some cover with the x100. I have the x100s and the 23mm has a few advantages besides size. F1.4, faster AF, sharper wide open at f1.4 than the x100/s is at f2.

Its a hard choice between the 23mm and either an X100 or X100s as theres little between them price wise, personally I'd need to have the 23mm with the X-Pro 1 as the f1.4 on the lens would be really good to have.

I'm seeing really good prices on the used and refurb X-Pro 1's at the moment, I might be tempted to pick one up again to go with my Nikon!

They are focal lengths that I hardly ever use, whatever the system. 80% of my shots are at 50mm+ (35mm equiv), and the rest are wide-wide angle shots. But the sequencing of lens releases/offers probable explains why we all have 18mm and 18-55 zooms

No regrets for me. Due to disabilities I wanted a lighter camera with IQ which was pocketable for the football. I didn't like my X20 & LX7, to noisy and too small.

Due to my disabilities I have gone with the 16-50 & 55-200mm zooms for OIS. As I wanted one prime for the football I purchased the 35mm, my free 18mm was a bit to wide for me. I purchased my kit from Wex, which had the free Billingham bag. I sold the 18mm for £230.00 the Billingham for £70.00 and I had the free 60mm which I sold locally for £315.00 over the weekend. With the £300.00 cashback and what I have sold it has come to £915.00. It cost me £958.00 for the 35mm & 55-200mm minus the £915.00 =£43.00.

So for the initial outlay of £899.00 + £43.00 + £103.00 for 16-50mm it has cost me £1045.00. This is roughly what my D7000 & 70-300vr cost, I know which one I prefer and is the better deal.

I took the 35mm with me for our game against Napoli Thursday Night. Considering the low light and no flash the photos have blown me away. The same can be said when we went to Mumbles Saturday when again trying the 35mm and 55-200mm.

I have managed better than expected with the 35mm considering theres no OIS and I will definately look to purchase more primes over time.

Sorry for the long post, I thought it maybe worth mentioning how I have done things, incase there are people in similiar situations to me.

I took the 35mm with me for our game against Napoli Thursday Night. Considering the low light and no flash the photos have blown me away. The same can be said when we went to Mumbles Saturday when again trying the 35mm and 55-200mm.

I have managed better than expected with the 35mm considering theres no OIS and I will definately look to purchase more primes over time.

Sorry for the long post, I thought it maybe worth mentioning how I have done things, incase there are people in similiar situations to me.
How are you finding the 55-200mm ? I was thinking of buying one for rugby photography, I know it's kind of against the whole xpro-1 prime lens ethos, but for convenience and longer reach and OIS I am giving it serious consideration. I'm finding my 7D and 70-300 L zoom a bit cumbersome , especially If there a few pints consumed after the game :)

Back