The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

And I think if you scroll the wheel it zooms in again - well at least it does with Fuji lenses. ;)

Clever thing this XP-1 is considering it's age! :D

Yes it does and yes it will with legacy glass too!

It's actually a really capable camera, I don't just mean the usual rhetoric of "if you take it slow, it works" (which is a perfectly true statement) but if you set it up to get the best from it, then there's not that much you can't do with it...

Ok so high speed subject tracking is off the menu, but so much of the criticism levelled at it can easily be over come by using the features it has.

The "classic complaint" (and full disclosure, I used to think/say this) is its too slow for shots of my kid. Even if I focus trap the shutter lag misses the shot. Well set your trap, lock AF (or MF) switch back to the OVF, lock exposure with the shutter (which all but kills the shutter lag in aperure priority mode) and use the frame lines, anticipate the moment, and you'll get that shot!

I should of posted this seperately, I'm sure that Wibbly knows all of this and I'm not at all OT to the post I'm quoting of his!

Talk about buses coming all at once, I just found out my Dad has bought himself a brand new XPro1 and he let slip he has got me one for Christmas too, so I may get to use that 2nd diopter after all!
Or, more likely, I will be trading mine in for some cash shortly.....
Typical, you wait all year...............

Amazon have a used X-Pro1 listed in their warehouse deals, Body only at £300.29 but it has a few marks on it. When you add to basket a further reduction of 30% is applied bringing it to £210.

There are a couple of used xp's on Amazon for under £220 at the moment too

As above, but also with the Fuji case for the same price from Currys, of all people

As above, but also with the Fuji case for the same price from Currys, of all people

If you're on o2 and have their priority moments app or whatever it's called iirc (big if) you might score another £25 off the currys price

I looked at the Currys site, but couldn't find the offer there anymore.
Anyway, my Dads coming over tomorrow with an early Christmas Pressie for me. One of the Currys kits with the case. He probably bought the last two.

Nice one Allan a new lens for each body in the kit as well sounds like a win win situation one set for colour and one for B&W ;):fuji: :pint::beer:

Nice one Allan a new lens for each body in the kit as well sounds like a win win situation one set for colour and one for B&W ;):fuji: :pint::beer:
Hmm, hadn't thought of that. That's a good idea......

....and Wex seems to have the bundle offer on again

So, my Dad came over this afternoon and delivered my Christmas Pressy
Looks like everyone is doing the £499 deal now.
Anyway, I was surprised the serial number starts with 54M, the two lenses are very nice, my favourite already is the 18mm f2, not sure I will use the full case but the bottom half looks good on the camera.
Might manage to get out this afternoon for a few quick pics in the woods.

Just noticed, it has the steel inserts in the strap lugs to stop them wearing out.

Last edited:
After selling my Fuji EF20 flash a while ago, I just bought another. Wasn't sure if it would work properly on the XP, but it seems fine. Bit disappointed that the XT1 flash unit doesn't work on the XP, or do I need to change any settings?

After selling my Fuji EF20 flash a while ago, I just bought another. Wasn't sure if it would work properly on the XP, but it seems fine. Bit disappointed that the XT1 flash unit doesn't work on the XP, or do I need to change any settings?

The power for the small X-T flash is supplied through an extra pin on the hotshoe so no way to get it working on any other body.

Thought that might be the case being as there are no batteries in it.

First time shooting my X-Pro1 in many (many) months. This afternoon I had to pop to Loxley Colour Photo Labs (Central Scotland) and collect a print etc, on the way out I thought I'd grab the XF10-24mm f/4R glass and shoot the front part of their reception building for fun..........and practice!

Loxley Colour by Jo, on Flickr

He looks like he's checking you are using the camera correctly to get his best side..........

I agree, nice and smooth, looks like a nice lens.....

Back