The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

There are X Pro 1s on the Fuji refurbished site for £299, just saying :)

If I could have gotten a proper diopter adjustment for my X-Pro 1('s) I'd never have let them go.

Nice photos. Keep wondering if I don't want another X-Pro1. Loved my old beastie.

I regret selling mine to be honest. I love the XPro2 but the warmth the xpro1 brings to the table can't even matched. It's reminiscent of film, more so than any of these current profiles on other bodies.

Once the xpro3 launches I'll move the pro2 on and get an old clunker of a pro1 I think as you so eloquently put it :)

Maybe not for too much longer. Just picked an X-Pro1 up off the bay along with a 7artisans 35mm f1.2.

Not sure on the lens, but for under £70 quid thought it was worth a punt!

I'd be very interested to know how the lens performs Dave.

X-Pro1 turned up today. Amazing condition for just over £200 compared to some of them I was looking at secondhand.

Just need a lens to go on it now - hopefully it'll turn up early next week. I'd forgotten just how tactile the X-Pro1 is. Can't wait to get out with it.

X-Pro1 turned up today. Amazing condition for just over £200 compared to some of them I was looking at secondhand.

Just need a lens to go on it now - hopefully it'll turn up early next week. I'd forgotten just how tactile the X-Pro1 is. Can't wait to get out with it.
It’s all the camera you’ll ever need! I was an avid film user before I bought mine two years ago. I have only shot one roll of film since and I can’t see me going back to film. I love the 18mm f2 despite the corners being a touch soft. You only notice the soft corners, if you’re looking for them.

It’s all the camera you’ll ever need! I was an avid film user before I bought mine two years ago. I have only shot one roll of film since and I can’t see me going back to film. I love the 18mm f2 despite the corners being a touch soft. You only notice the soft corners, if you’re looking for them.

Thanks Ian, think this is my third X-Pro1 amongst the myriad of other Fuji cameras that have come and gone... for some reason I always end up coming back to an X-Pro1!

7artisans 35mm 1.2 turned up today and early signs are good! Need to go out for a wander later and see how it really stacks up - probably need to up my game a bit regarding manual focussing as it's not something I've done much with Fuji before now.

Fuji Xpro1 and Fuji XF90mm

Dead Calm by adrian jones, on Flickr
0x4yY68.jpg

Last edited:
Had a quick twenty minute wander round the local lake this morning - if nothing else but to get an idea that the camera and lens all working as they should be!

First impressions of the 7artisans 35mm is that MF is definitely going to be fun, compared to the AF on my D750! The lens and X-Pro2 certainly work together well, I don't think it's a super sharp lens, but early signs are it has a particular 'film-like' charm to it.

0907DJY_XPRO1
by Dave Young, on Flickr

0907DJY_XPRO1
by Dave Young, on Flickr

0907DJY_XPRO1
by Dave Young, on Flickr

0907DJY_XPRO1
by Dave Young, on Flickr

0907DJY_XPRO1
by Dave Young, on Flickr

It seems that there's just 'lil ol me' left here now - but I just love the images produced by my old clunker and XF18
Chapman's Pool by Andrew R, on Flickr
Out walking on the South West Coast Path yesterday
St. Aldehelm's Chapel by Andrew R, on Flickr
and of course, a refreshment in a traditional old English Pub
Welcome refreshment on a beautiful Spring day by Andrew R, on Flickr

Beautiful colours there is something just a little special about that combination it was my first Fuji X camera also with the XF18 & XF27mm lenses sad but my XPro1 has hardly been used and is wrapped up in bag. As I quickly purchased a XT10 then a XT1.
I really should get rid of it along with my other X bodies nobody needs 10 spare bodies lol
As I now use 2x XH1 bodies.

Last edited:
Beautiful colours there is something just a little special about that combination it was my first Fuji X camera also with the XF18 & XF27mm lenses sad but my XPro1 has hardly been used and is wrapped up in bag. As I quickly purchased a XT10 then a XT1.
I really should get rid of it along with my other X bodies nobody needs 10 spare bodies lol
As I now use 2x XH1 bodies.
Hi Phil, might you part with your X-Pro1 body at all?

Peter

Fabulous lens I tried one out at a Calumet open day and just fell in love with the quality of the images it produced.
Next day I searched for a used one which I ended up losing
Have anotherR version as I just didn’t like the APD as much.

I just got an x pro 1 today. Love it! I have a question though, where would I be able to get a decently priced grip? Not one of the hot shoe thumb rests but something to add a bit of bulk to the front.
It’s not a deal breaker but it feels similar to the Leica m2 that I had a few months ago and that felt a lot nicer with a grip

I just got an x pro 1 today. Love it! I have a question though, where would I be able to get a decently priced grip? Not one of the hot shoe thumb rests but something to add a bit of bulk to the front.
It’s not a deal breaker but it feels similar to the Leica m2 that I had a few months ago and that felt a lot nicer with a grip
I’ll have a look in my bits box tomorrow. If I have something you can have it for free.

I’ll have a look in my bits box tomorrow. If I have something you can have it for free.
Oh wow, that’s generous, thank you :)!
I had thought about the thumb rest by my thumb naturally wants to sit on rear built in grip

Back