The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

went to store and ordered one - seems Currys are having website issues

Fingers crossed i get the hang of it :help:

i went for black - i fancied the tan one but though it might get grubby

I have a black and a tan XF-1 - the black to match the XF's upholstery (yup, I'm that sad!) and the tan because it's the best looking of the colours IMO. Toying with the idea of the electric blue or BRG refinish on the X-20!

IMO, as a tourist camera the XF-1 just beats the X-10 or 20 purely because it slips into a shirt pocket (which the X-?0s don't). The fact that it goes slightly wider and slightly faster at the wide end could also be a plus for some.

There is now a yellow XF1 available I believe. I picked my black one up from Curry's earlier and it is a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
Just got to watch for dirty, sticky fingers though. Thats why I got the black one. The tan one is very nice.

To go with your siggy's?? :wideyed:

Assuming you want it for the zoom?

a small size bayer next to an aps-c foveon, the poor thing wouldn't stand a chance :) :ROFLMAO: whenever I want zoom I pick up a DSLR, XF1 for me is literally going to be for holiday snaps and a bit of video, other than that I guess my eldest lad will use it, he is normally all about the long zoom wildlife but is starting to take interest in landscapes/wider shots so will be ideal for him to use.

looking forward to having a play though

I did wonder why you would want a paupers camera... ;)

Been having a little play with mine (the camera) whilst sat here at my desk... It really is a fab little tool! Pretty impressive how close you can focus with it.

Hoping to get the hang of mine quickly.. What mode are you shooting in, David ?

I've turned it on and taken a handful of shots which seem pretty clear and detailed. After that, I'm lost and so put it away. I'm being daft but what is the " selector" that the handbook mentions in relation to taking panoramas ?

I've turned it on and taken a handful of shots which seem pretty clear and detailed. After that, I'm lost and so put it away. I'm being daft but what is the " selector" that the handbook mentions in relation to taking panoramas ?
Just guessing but may be the type selection, eg 180 360 ?

Lol. Yes it's very good. As you zoom the close focus range increases.

As for the selector, are you sure it doesn't mean the dial on the top? For me to access the panoramic mode I turn it to 'Adv'. My manual is still in the box where it should be. ;)

Yup, the panorama settings are in the Adv part of the menus. Select Adv. on the dial, press the Menu button and you'll find it in there. I find the 120° setting in portrait orientation works well but have had good results with the 180 and 360 degree options too.

As for general settings, I'm a great believer in P mode but often stray from the camera's advised settings if I want a specific speed or aperture for a shot. Nice to have all the options available when needed though.

Just noticed a "buzzing" noise when I'm adjusting the zoom, literally as I move it makes a noise like a fly hitting one of those killer light things. Normal ?

As you go from Off or Standby to 25 on the zoom dial, yes - it's the thing switching on. If it buzzes between 25 and 100, I don't think so - even my year+ old one is silent when zooming.

No problem, I do my best to help if I can!

Well. After not using the dslr since June I decided to see what I could get for it at Wilkinsons part ex. A decent quote later and am now the owner of a beautiful chrome and black X20. It'll be the perfect companion for my main film kit. I'm loving it so far. Need to I've a good read of the manual to find out where all the funky modes like pano and that are.

So far I've taken a photograph of the dog! Will upload it after I've eaten. I do like the in camera raw processing.

I was having a play with my X20 while having a coffee in Costa when I noticed that when in MF and I presses the AEL/AFL button and it focused. Back button focus on my X20, quite chuffed :)

Cheers.

Well colour me impressed. Here is the dog. Taken in P mode. Auto ISO with 800 being the maximum. I like the image stabilisation.

Back