The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

It's the only real annoyance in the baby Xs. I haven't managed to find a way of avoiding it yet.

Does it save the originals? Can you stitch it in Photoshop to do a better job?

@Rhodese thanks for the post. I'm also an old fart and I'm only 26!!

A big plus point of buying the X10 was the VF.. however, I think I was expecting too much from it because a) it's mostly blocked by the lens, and b) there's no AF confirm as in DSLR's... which somewhat disappointed me.

I just need to stop looking at new gear like David does, and go use my own equipment. :LOL:

I've just bought a hood/adapter/cap for my X10 to give me som boost :)

Even more stuff to block the VF then Joe... ;)

I was shocked by how tiny it was...

the viewfinder that is.

No, no originals. The very first panorama I took was perfect, no banding or silly mis-placed bits but ever since then I always balls it up. :LOL:

Don't see an issue with looking at other cameras like

Sony RX100
Sony RX100 II
Panasonic LX-7
Panasonic GM1
Olympus OMD EM-10
Olympus EPM-2
Olympus EPL-5
Olympus EPL-6
Fuji X-A1
Fuji X-M1
Fuji X-E1
Fuji X20
Fuji XQ1

I mean, what's wrong with that?

:LOL:

Last edited:
Does it save the originals? Can you stitch it in Photoshop to do a better job?

No. You can take a series of shots the old fashioned way and stitch in PP and that should give less banding in the sky if you use M mode and keep the exposure the same throughout the series. Kinda long winded compared to simply selecting the angle and turning while the camera does all the hard work though! In some other models, the panorama mode is part of the drive menu rather than an exposure mode so the results are significantly better (X-Pro and X-T).

Even more stuff to block the VF then Joe... ;)

I was shocked by how tiny it was...

the viewfinder that is.

No, no originals. The very first panorama I took was perfect, no banding or silly mis-placed bits but ever since then I always balls it up. :LOL:

Very true... makes the camera look much cooler though.! Once you're zoomed in a bit, you miss it out. I mainly shoot people so that's OK for me :)

I am going to Vote a ban on you david, you're costing the friendly folk of this forum too much money!

My X10 arrived today, not had much chance to play with it but so far blown away by what's coming out of the camera.

If this tiny thing can produce images like that I'm really looking forward to what the X-Pro can do :D

A mixed bag of photos today. In reverse order I was driving home from a meeting and it was a lovely evening so I decided to have a wander round a park I don't often go to on the way back. I was playing around with the various effects you can do. I'm not sure if I like these or whether they're a bit OTT, but thought I'd share them.
Purple flowers by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr
Colourful flowers by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

The next one is making a start on sorting through my holiday photos. There was a lovely sunset as the ferry pulled out of Liverpool but a less lovely foreground. I'd missed it slightly by the time we pulled away from the dock too.

2 May - on the way by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

And the second is the Giro d'Italia rolling out of Armagh. The slight shutter lag means that it's a bit spray and pray but I was quite pleased here to get the pink jersey wearer right in the middle of the shot.

11 May Pink jersey by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

I dare say there are other compacts that are as competent as the baby X range but I can't see any point in looking at them when our wee 'uns can give us shots like the ones posted in this thread!

Happy shooting to all this sunny weekend (I know I'm a day early but my wife usually has Fridays off so it's the start of our weekend!)

I've noticed that the X-F1 on Fuji refurb has been reduced so using 10% discount code PAYPAL12 and adding a £4.99 postage charge on top there only a total of £103.97 :)

If anyone else is planning on attending the Mega Meet this weekend, bring along your baby Xs - see how many we can get in one shot!

I am missing mine. Call Currys for an update only to be told I have to wait at least 2 weeks before the can check...

Curry's have messed up my xf1 order too... now I have money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm too impatient to wait. This won't end well!

Haven't really noticed TBH, David. I did a back to back comparison of the X-10 and XF-1 but haven't with the X-20. To me, the only differences between the 2 cameras (X-20 and XF-1) is the handling - for my needs, they turn in all but identical images.

Like you say, it's probably a little weak to have more effect than as a bit of fill.

The x-e1 is a bargain atm from wex with the 27mm pancake.... :whistle:

Wow that is a bargain given that 27mm retails for £300 +

How are you finding the X-E1 ?

Back