The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Another XF1? Lovely red colour. Only two careful owners...

I have the brown one if that tickles your fancy? Bonus that it is already repaired!

On a more 'serious' note there are so many replacements! Just a matter of budget? The RX100 M3, LX100, Ricoh GR, X100S and X30 are all under 500 odd and don't mean tinkering with lenses.

If I buy it off you, what will you say if the LENS CONTROL ERROR pops up on the screen ? Lol
Toss up between;
1. Bad luck, old chap.
2. Hahahahahaha!
3. Phew.
4. Mr Llama? He no live here no more.
5. Congratulations! You're the 1 millionth customer of a broken XF1! You win a prize of.... a broken XF1! No cash alternative.
6. You've found the super-secret AWESOMENESS mode that makes all your photos overexposed or in green/magenta. Shhh, keep it quiet or everyone will want one.

Ahh well, looks like its back to the old X10 and the battery from the XF1 as a spare. Even with the white orb issue, I can still pull a lovely image from the X10.

My XF1 is over a year old and still going strong...oh damn, thats not the right thing to say is it, it will show up an error next week.........

The longer I leave it, the longer it doesn't go faulty

Oops, just found an X30 in my camera bag.........

And just to prove it, heres a pic I took with it yesterday....

17231482968_f3d3f5ab39_z_d.jpg

EVF would've been advantage for me a couple of days ago. Stood in a sunny rape field and reeled off a load of well composed [I thought] shots on the X10, didn't have my glasses and didn't notice I'd left WB on "flourescent tube". D'oh!

EVF would've been advantage for me a couple of days ago. Stood in a sunny rape field and reeled off a load of well composed [I thought] shots on the X10, didn't have my glasses and didn't notice I'd left WB on "flourescent tube". D'oh!

Still well composed...just a funny colour ;)

Tilt screen too, comes in very handy. I think the processing is better than the x20, it looks nicer with a better grip. As others have said, evf is brilliant.
And for less than £300 as a refurb, you can't go wrong
Allan

Still well composed...just a funny colour ;)
Just had a play with 'em, realise they're not even that well composed, well they are "composed" in that I thought about what I was doing but they're not very good and the WB is a bu*&er to rectify. :-(

Tilt
Tilt screen too, comes in very handy. I think the processing is better than the x20, it looks nicer with a better grip. As others have said, evf is brilliant.
And for less than £300 as a refurb, you can't go wrong
Allan
Tilt screen as well! Anybody looking for a nice little X10 for around £250? Apply to Ron Hopeful :rolleyes:

Button pushed on the replacement, X100t from panamoz! Means I have a couple of genuine fuji np 50 batteries going begging and a charger, anyone interested? Just need to cover my postage.

Button pushed on the replacement, X100t from panamoz! Means I have a couple of genuine fuji np 50 batteries going begging and a charger, anyone interested? Just need to cover my postage.
Just got my x20 - I'll take a battery off your hands [emoji3]

Is a xf1 brand new with a 3 yr warranty a good buy? Gf wants a compact that can fit in coat pocket, and apart from lens issue was quite tempted by the xf1.

Depends on the price Mark - lots of people here have had them and loved them... however they've proved not to hold up to well mechanically over time (y)

It is worth mentioning that the X10/X30 fits comfortably in the diminutive Lowepro Apex 60 AW.
http://store.lowepro.com/apex-60-aw
So carrying my X10/X30 has never been an issue.
I usually clip the bag to my waist with a carabina, or if I'm in the mountains the case slips over the rucksack belt for instant access.
Spare battery for the X10 slips into a cheek on the inside of the case without getting in the way (not the one on the front as that space is needed by the lens). Battery life on the X30 is so good I don't carry a spare battery.

Is a xf1 brand new with a 3 yr warranty a good buy? Gf wants a compact that can fit in coat pocket, and apart from lens issue was quite tempted by the xf1.
The 3 year warranty would put my mind at rest - judging by people's experiences here that could prove to be an expensive offer by Fuji. Maybe they've fixed the fault?

That said, the XF1 was my 2nd camera - I might be more reticent as a main camera as sod's law says it will break on holiday.

Thanks,

I've had a look at the X30, its too large for what my gf is after, but its a very nice camera, if I didnt already have a DSLR I'd be tempted.
The 3yr warranty on the xf1 was an extra cost from the retailer, but the camera was heavily discounted. I think I'll do a bit of reading up first before deciding.

If you are a brave person, then go for it. Provided it's a genuine three years parts and labour warranty. Make sure the camera is not over priced, to compensate for that three year warranty.

If you are paying extra for the warranty, probably better giving the XF1 a miss and opting for an XQ model instead.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting one of the auto petal lens caps for my x20, anyone used one? I can see the original cap getting lost!

Woot Woot - one of my X30 images has been used on the flyer for the 'step in stone' arts trail coming to Somerset later this year.

The brief was to take an image of fairies emerging from a piece of Tuffa with the main quarry in the background.
If I'd done my research on the artist I'd have taken my macro lens for the big camera, but I didn't, and mercifully super macro mode on the X30 did the trick. The original is sharper than it looks in this rendition of the poster and I hope the prints do it better justice. Poster looks great though!
To give an idea of scale, each of these 'fairies' is the size of a small ant!!!

11212771_1091433454204243_4586232273262270059_n.jpg

Back