The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

I probably need to get my hands on one, oddly they don't seem to be on show in the likes of Currys so I'll have to make more of an effort. has anybody used both and noticed any significant difference in the IQ? You can get the X10 in a pocket but it does rather spoil the line of your clothes.

Provided it is a rather large pocket ;)

Any suggestions for a large shutter button please. Not interested in Gariz.

Thanks,
AL
I just got a cheapy from Amazon for about £4. Does the job. I went for convex as opposed to concave, and it completely changed the camera. I was skeptical at first and just considered them as bling, but now I couldn't shoot without one.

If you're after something fancier, there are some nice wooden ones on etsy. They also do nice wooden grips for fujis too. :)

More or less. Came off in the bag a couple of time so I just put a dab of threadlocker on and it's been fine ever since.
I imagine for most people it'd be fine without, but mine gets bustled about a bit.

Thanks for that. BTW I think you could make a wooden grip quite easily at a fraction of the cost :)

Due to a mistake by an eBay vendor, I have an over-supply of flat and convex 10mm soft releases. If you'd like a convex one I'll drop one in the post plus a rubber washer to stop it coming loose.

Any suggestions for a large shutter button please. Not interested in Gariz.

Thanks,
AL
Got mine off an e-Bay seller. Got a concave one - or actually a pack of two. Unscrewed itself within a few days. Re-attached it only for it to happen again repeatedly. Eventually lost it. Don't know what I've done with the second one.

Ah, well it was only a couple of quid.

Now I'm having to consider whether it's worth updating from my X10. I suspect not but if anybody thinks otherwise please tell me.

Purely in terms of IQ, probably not but in terms of handling, in a heartbeat!!! Full shooting info and artificial horizon in the VF makes it far better IMO, as well as there being no intrusion in the EVF at wider angles (by the lens and hood) along with no parallax error. Note that while cases for the X10 will fit the X20, they won't fit the X30, it's fractionally bigger than its older brothers.

Thanks Nod, this is what I suspected. Even though the price is good it all addsup to too much cost for not enough gain.

Depends! The in-VF level has saved me hours in PP. ;)

After spending ages looking for a compact camera I have ordered an X30. Rubbish battery life and lack of charger has put me off the alternatives and at £249 it seems a no brainer compared to spending twice that for the RX100M3. Currently best price is £249 from Jessops with free next day delivery. The lure of classic chrome paid a not insignificant part in the decision :D

Suz, you do realise that the X30 doesn't have a battery charger? It has a mains adapter but that's just to charge the battery while it's in the camera.

I swear it said charger in one of the product descriptions! At 470 shots per charge it's ok to be honest. I'd probably not need a spare battery and charger. With the sony I was also looking at and some of the other fujis I'd definitely need a spare battery or two and a separate charger.

I think you can buy 3rd party chargers.

You can indeed get 3rd party chargers for the X-30, they are exactly the same as one for the X-100s (same battery).(y)

George.

You can also top the X-30 up with a USB booster for phones.

Suz, you do realise that the X30 doesn't have a battery charger? It has a mains adapter but that's just to charge the battery while it's in the camera.

Presumably the X30 battery doesn't fit in the X10 charger?

Presumably the X30 battery doesn't fit in the X10 charger?

The X10 charger looks like it has the ability to charge two types of battery, as it has the charging pins in two places. Wonder what other battery fits the other charging position!

Received my Lensmate thumbrest today. Have to say I'm quite impressed. It makes one handed operation very easy for quick shots and improves the grip when using the Gariz half case.

AL

Last edited:
X30 battery must be quite a large capacity one as the charger thing says 2.5Amp and the user manual reckons on a charging time of 4h 30 minutes! I'll be surprised if it does take that long.

X30 battery is 1800mAH while the X10/20/F ones are 1000mAH. The amperage quoted on the charger will be the maximum it can pump out.

That sounds a normal size. I think may try and get another usb cable for it as then I can leave one in the camera bag.

Amazon do a basics one that's 2m long - a much more useful length than the usual 1m!

Cursory footling about and reading of the user manual suggests the X30 was definitely the right choice. I think the sony I was looking at would have been a bit on the fiddly sized. This fuji is smaller than I expected actually.

Where did you buy it?..I bought one from Amazon (received today), advertised as fitting the X30 but it don't!

Robin
I bought the same batteries as Al1944 plus a genuine Fuji charger from eBay. However, the description is crap as it says it fits the X10 rather than the X30. What model battery did you receive?

I bought the same batteries as Al1944 plus a genuine Fuji charger from eBay. However, the description is crap as it says it fits the X10 rather than the X30. What model battery did you receive?
Sorry Jonathan..I clicked the wrong quote , I wanted info on the X30 thumbrest, my bad

Robin

Anyone got the wifi app working with ios 9? Tried it for the first time and disappointed to find it didn't work at all. Judging by the reviews (which I annoyingly didn't check) the wifi function doesn't work properly at all :(

Sorry Jonathan..I clicked the wrong quote , I wanted info on the X30 thumbrest, my bad

Robin

Always go with LensMate on mine, Robin. I have one on both my X30 and X-T1. They're more expensive but you do get what you pay for: LensMate actually design their thumb rests for the best ergonomical fit for each specific camera. They also seem to look at what other accessories users are likely to use, like eye cups, and insure that their thumb rests will work with them. The cheaper ones seem to be pretty much a generic "one size fits all cameras", so they may or may not work well on your X30. I decided to just pay up and get something which definitely works as I need it to but they are something like 5x more than the cheaper ones.

A third vote for Lensmate. I tried one of the generic ones and I'd have needed a thumb that extended to the tips of my fingers to be comfortable with it.

Last edited:
what do most people use for remote release on X30,the iOS App? does a cordless remote exist otherwise and what are the recommended corded releases,Fuji's own?
thanks

what do most people use for remote release on X30,the iOS App? does a cordless remote exist otherwise and what are the recommended corded releases,Fuji's own?
thanks
Just buy anything with a 2.5mm plug which is the most generic fitting available, used by Pentax and lower-end Canons. You can buy Fuji-dedicated cables and remotes that use the USB socket (which, for some reason, isn't generic) but the 2.5mm socket is marked mic/remote.

Back