The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Will be going to Wedding do, or rather the evening bit tomorrow night. Will be taking the X10 with me, and two fully charged batteries and see what I can capture. Wondering if I should use the Adv Pro Low Light mode, or go RAW to have a better chance of tweaking things later?
Well I had planned on using RAW at the evening do, it was in a big hall that was dimly lit. I did have a drink at the do, and I got talking to friends and family not seen in ages. In short I forgot that the X10 had RAW, and yes I did use the dreaded pop up flash. I did manage to get a good couple of keepers, I could of done better had I not touched any drink, and not talked and flitted about so much. But I was there to enjoy the moment, photos were secondary :rolleyes:

INCorrrrect (y)

Mine are both still going strong and the older of the 2 is one of the oldest around.

I'm not doubting that some have failed but there are still some that work just fine despite being a few years old.

Just went on to the Fuji website to take out an extended warranty but couldn't find the link which used to be there. Contacted Fuji and they have stopped the super warranty! What does that tell us? Too many claims?

Just went on to the Fuji website to take out an extended warranty but couldn't find the link which used to be there. Contacted Fuji and they have stopped the super warranty! What does that tell us? Too many claims?
:)

Dragged the below from out of focus, tend not to venture in there much.
Very very clever, now that I really do like :clap: :agree: But I will buy the next fuji directly off fujifilm. I WILL definitely make sure I get an extended five year warranty off them (y)

No I did not, not got another camera yet. When the X10 goes I wont be coming into this section much either.

I will probably end up with an entry level DSLR, just so I can have a proper view finder to use. :)

No I did not, not got another camera yet. When the X10 goes I wont be coming into this section much either.

I will probably end up with an entry level DSLR, just so I can have a proper view finder to use. :)

It's funny you should say that. I'm thinking of getting another telephoto zoom and D3300 but probably keep the X30 (and its superb viewfinder :))

It's funny you should say that. I'm thinking of getting another telephoto zoom and D3300 but probably keep the X30 (and its superb viewfinder :))
Just that I have not seen a decent Compact with a viewfinder, that is why I thought an entry level DSLR. As it would be better IQ than a compact but probably about the same price, if not cheaper.

Just picked up an x30 at the show , to save hours of experimenting what's the best jpeg settings eg- noise /sharpness etc

Just picked up an x30 at the show , to save hours of experimenting what's the best jpeg settings eg- noise /sharpness etc
Hi Stuart..I've been using an X30 for just over a month, haven't taken so many pictures in such a short time for a long while!, my settings are..NR-2, Htone+1, Stone+2, Sharp+1 and I have a film sim; set to B/Wy but I also shoot RAW+Jpeg F

Robin

Hi Stuart..I've been using an X30 for just over a month, haven't taken so many pictures in such a short time for a long while!, my settings are..NR-2, Htone+1, Stone+2, Sharp+1 and I have a film sim; set to B/Wy but I also shoot RAW+Jpeg F

Robin
Thank you Robin I'll give that a try

Flat across the board for me. On the rare occasions when something needs a gentle tweak, PSE does it for me.

I've not touched mine. I'm happy with what it does just out of the box. The flash photos impress in particular and don't look like the usual compact camera efforts with the huge bright area in the middle which is over exposed then everywhere else is dark as pitch!

I found the sharpness and Nr a bit much, so set them both to -1. I did read and link to an article about the Stone and Htone settings, which led me to set them to -2 and -1 respectively, which pulls more detail in shadows and prevents blown whites.
I don't touch colour and shoot iso auto800.
Film simulations vary with scene. Mainly provia, chrome, or mono+G (great for skin tones).

I will be taking out the battery from the X10, and boxing away the camera for the time being...

14957-1459325357-1133e96aea22a7ae9219559c554d444c.jpg

As I have a new baby Nikon to play with :)

Hope you like it. Mine should be here tomorrow! But the X30 stays for the foreseeable future. :)

Hope you like it. Mine should be here tomorrow! But the X30 stays for the foreseeable future. :)
Hope you enjoy yours, as much as I am going to enjoy mine :).

I will be keeping the X10, just going to put it back in its box, and maybe get it back out sometime in the future. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder ;)

I've bought a(nother!) Tamron 70-300 VC to go with it! :)

I have the 35mm 1.8G a 50mm 1.8D and the 28mm 300mm Tamron last two manual focus, but initial result look pretty good. Very happy with the IQ combined with these lenses.

Anyway, best jump out of this thread now, wont do to discuss Nikon in a Fuji thread lol

3.94 :)

The lens is 7.1-28.4 mm and Fuji state it's a 28-112 mm equivalent.

But x 4 is near enough ;)

Last edited:
Well that did not last long,

I put my X10 away last week with the intention of only using my new DSLR instead. Been getting really good images from the DSLR, with the help of a view finder decent sized sensor and a prime lens. Not missed many shots, even fast action ones. I took the the X10 out of the storage box, and decided to have a little play with it. I have decided to used them side by side, and depending on what I am photographing, I will pick up the DSLR or the X10.

Decided to use the DSLR for more memorable stuff, such as friends and family etc and I will shoot in RAW. While the X10 I have decided to just shoot in Jpeg, for general unimportant day to day plinking :)

Oops!! Somehow or other the menus in my X30 are showing in a foreign language. I've obviously pressed something inadvertently along the way. The problem is that because I don't understand the language I can't get to the relevant menu to get back to English! Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
AL

Back