The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Never had an issue with mine, only with pc software but even that was sorted after 10mins. Confirm both are looking for the same network name.

Does anyone successfully pair an X30 with an android phone for transferring files to? I can't get my X30 to connect to my Galaxy S6 Edge, yet to try my X-T10.
Yes, it worked first time.
If you're on Marshmallow, be aware that if it connects to a wifi access point that doesn't have internet access, it defaults back without prompting to data over cellular. This means that in practice you need to disable mobile data (i.e. turn off 3g/4g) on the phone when you connect to the camera.

IMG_20160514_195058_070.jpg

Made a thing. About 8 foot of paracord and a cobra stitch. Very, very easy to do this :)

Last edited:
Yes, it worked first time.
If you're on Marshmallow, be aware that if it connects to a wifi access point that doesn't have internet access, it defaults back without prompting to data over cellular. This means that in practice you need to disable mobile data (i.e. turn off 3g/4g) on the phone when you connect to the camera.
Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the manual again I think as not 100% I'm doing it right.

Which app are you running on your phone?

Well that's disappointing. Not a deal breaker as I can connect the camera with a USB cable but would be easier if I didn't have to given it's a selling point of the camera.

Mine connects fine with android.

IMG_20160514_195058_070.jpg

Made a thing. About 8 foot of paracord and a cobra stitch. Very, very easy to do this :)
Nice work. I did the same a while back in black and red. Added a thicker bit of double cobra too (this was for a dslr).

Watching all the YouTube vids made me see how many awesome stitches there are, might try a round stitch one for the fuji.

I lost a bit i was saving for a x100t the plan was to sell the x30 and x100s for the x100t it will happen(soon once the mrs is away on her girlie holiday:banana:) still got an x-pro1 with a 27mm and the x100s with a tcl-x100 conversion lens.

What do you think of the 27mm? I've been looking forward to one day getting an X100T but wondering if an XT10/XE2S with a 27mm would be a viable alternative.

AL

Nice work. I did the same a while back in black and red. Added a thicker bit of double cobra too (this was for a dslr).

Watching all the YouTube vids made me see how many awesome stitches there are, might try a round stitch one for the fuji.
Yes, I'll probably redo one in black and red, if I can get my head around the snake knot...

Does anyone successfully pair an X30 with an android phone for transferring files to? I can't get my X30 to connect to my Galaxy S6 Edge, yet to try my X-T10.
i used fujifilm camera remote app from play store to my note 4 without a hitch.

Last edited:
What do you think of the 27mm? I've been looking forward to one day getting an X100T but wondering if an XT10/XE2S with a 27mm would be a viable alternative.

AL
The 27mm is a great lens it has no aperture ring so you use the rear wheel on the body, on an xt-10 its a viable alternative for sure imho.

The 27mm is a great lens it has no aperture ring so you use the rear wheel on the body, on an xt-10 its a viable alternative for sure imho.

Thanks very much. Will save some cash by going along this route.

All the best,
AL

Thanks very much. Will save some cash by going along this route.

All the best,
AL
Quite fancy one of these myself, Al. Have you picked one up via the classifieds?

I'm happy to see them go tbh, I've spent enough lately but definitely something I'd like long term I think (or perhaps the 35mm prime).

Have just bought a 27mm in the classifieds. :)

I see that £2 you saved when you bought my thumbrest etc helped to fund your other purchases ;)

AL

Have just bought a 27mm in the classifieds. :)

I see that £2 you saved when you bought my thumbrest etc helped to fund your other purchases ;)

AL
Not at all. My credit card did [emoji15]

Let us know what you think of the 27mm ;)

Quite fancy one of these myself, Al. Have you picked one up via the classifieds?

I'm happy to see them go tbh, I've spent enough lately but definitely something I'd like long term I think (or perhaps the 35mm prime).
The 35mm 1.4 is a bit noisy when focusing but produces some wonderful results I can't comment on the f2 version as never had 1.

I must say I'm really liking the WiFi. Snapseed on android is FANTASTIC for processing images via WiFi from Android.....!

I must say I'm really liking the WiFi. Snapseed on android is FANTASTIC for processing images via WiFi from Android.....!
Still to try it on the X30, though have been making use of this for my X-T10 though. Really useful combo and images are shared in minutes rather than hours or days.

Does anyone have an opinion on the X30 vs one of the cheaper interchangeable lens Fuji?

My bag now has the X30 and an X-T10, but I'm wondering whether I'd be as well with something like an X-E1 so both can make use of the lenses I have (or will have)?

I can not get my head aroun why you would want to take out both cameras at the same time.
The advantage of the x30 is that you dont need to take out other clutter with it and still have a useful range of focal lengths.
If you get another interchangable x camera you are just duplicating the facility you already have, in a slightly differnt form.
I would stick with what you have and get another lens for the xt10 to extend your focal range.

I second what Terry said. The whole point of an x30 is that it's an everyday, everywhere camera. It's what I miss most, now I have an x-t10.

I second what Terry said. The whole point of an x30 is that it's an everyday, everywhere camera. It's what I miss most, now I have an x-t10.
See, that was the plan. Now I just use the X-T10 all the time though and the X30 sits unused.

See, that was the plan. Now I just use the X-T10 all the time though and the X30 sits unused.
If you got another body would it be used any more...or perhaps take over the favourite roll.
We all have favourite cameras add they are the one we use.

A professional carries more than one camera because he needs back up, or to use two focal lengths at the same time.
few amateurs need that facility and would be better off wth more glass. The advantage of smaller lighter kit can not be emphasised enough.

If you got another body would it be used any more...or perhaps take over the favourite roll.
We all have favourite cameras add they are the one we use.

A professional carries more than one camera because he needs back up, or to use two focal lengths at the same time.
few amateurs need that facility and would be better off wth more glass. The advantage of smaller lighter kit can not be emphasised enough.
So what you're saying is sell the x30 and buy new glass? :D

So what you're saying is sell the x30 and buy new glass? :D

Not at all I prefer the X30.
But if you don't ever use it what is it for?
now they have stopped making them they are hard to find... they are probably clearing stocks in another country.

Not at all I prefer the X30.
But if you don't ever use it what is it for?
now they have stopped making them they are hard to find... they are probably clearing stocks in another country.
True. I was gonna keep it for our holiday this year so I'm not taking a bigger camera away but now I'm not so sure.

I like the X30 for events where "removeable lens" cameras are not permitted.

Major sports and all gigs above pub-sized in my experience.
Ahh. I'm generally too busy enjoying the show or just use my phone, but sure the x30 is far better under those circumstances.

I took my x10 and DSLR with me to Marrakech. Used the little Fuji all the time in the souks and narrow alleys of the Medina. Far less conspicuous than my DSLR and great for taking candid shots. The x30 is simply ideal for being lightweight and unobtrusive.

Has anyone successfully used the x30 with an IR filter?

Oh, and today I noticed that the results in extremely bright light are pretty poor (far brighter than they should be). Is anyone having to use an ND filter with theirs in bright light? I'm planning on taking it on holiday to Tenerife with the wife and child and would be gutted if this was what I had to look forward to in terms of results.

Last edited:
Back