The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

*sigh* why did you make me get it out of the box? Forgot how much I love it, i'm supposed to be selling it!

You are a star - thanks very much indeed. I think my age is catching up with me - can't seem to do anything right this week!

Thanks again (y)

AL

It's a strange quirk with the menu system - if you back out of anything it selects whatever is highlighted at the time, whereas you'd expect "OK" to accept, "back" button to cancel.

Almost changed my own language whilst checking!

lol!

15106-1461489875-38bcdd368f8625a5c5c94e37cea5c726.jpg

Nothing special, just a quick grab with the X10 this morning..

Time to buy a second one as back up? Maybe they will start selling them off cheap (hopefully) :)

Last edited:
The article seems to refer to the x30 as a bit of a failure in terms of product sales and popularity.

Surely this isn't the case given the reviews I've read and which prompted me to purchase one?

That's typical. I've bought one and it's immediately binned off! It's still a good little camera in spite of what fuji and everyone else seem to think.

I wonder if that will means they will lose value, or will they become sought after?

Maybe...although I have the rx100 mk2 I just don't feel it with that camera. I loved my xf1 - it just had something special ( apart from the fact that it broke a lot :D ) so I long for that Fuji feeling

Maybe...although I have the rx100 mk2 I just don't feel it with that camera. I loved my xf1 - it just had something special ( apart from the fact that it broke a lot :D ) so I long for that Fuji feeling
Have to admit, it did have that certain unique feeling, and it did look good :)

I also found that strange shooting in bright sunlight also, but as you say, must be a reason for this..
I think it's to do with the DR settings - it's almost like the sensor "brackets" the exposure to do the DR200/400. So if you're wide open, it can't do this. Bugs me on my Xf-1 though, that and the ISO having to be lowered to do longer exposures really irritated me and made it feel like I was fighting the camera...

Wanna buy mine? ;)

Maybe people are preferring a smaller body with a bigger sensor, such as the cheaper RX100.

Noticed that both my batteries for the X10 seem to be running out pretty quickly, and not giving me much notice of running out. Once they show two bars left, the red flashing battery shows and the camera shuts down soon after :(

Maybe people are preferring a smaller body with a bigger sensor, such as the cheaper RX100.
I did look at the RX100 mk1 as a direct comparison price wise, but other than the sensor size the specs weren't enough for me to warrant going for one.

The mk2 upwards were more than I paid for the X30.

I did look at the RX100 mk1 as a direct comparison price wise, but other than the sensor size the specs weren't enough for me to warrant going for one.

The mk2 upwards were more than I paid for the X30.
I was in the same boat. The evf swung it for me in the buying stage, but once I used the x30 I fell in love with the ergonomics and film simulations. :)

I was in the same boat. The evf swung it for me in the buying stage, but once I used the x30 I fell in love with the ergonomics and film simulations. :)
I've taken a punt blind (well, on many reviews tbf) and will take delivery on Wednesday all being well ;)

Glad to hear it! Now, who can recommend a wrist strap and soft release button to me?

I have a peak design wrist strap for my D7100 but I think it's overkill for the little Fuji and can afford to go for something a little more aesthetically pleasing instead ;)

Last edited:
It has the ergonomics of a bar of chocolate though.

AL
More like a slippery small bar of soap with none of the controls where you need them and no finder. Even the mk3 is not designed as a photographers camera.

Don't worry - it's a wonderful camera :)
Seriously I don't know what can follow the X30 - plenty good enough image quality and the EVF changed the way I use these little cameras.

Absolutely. In functional terms it has run out of an obvious development path, apart from a bit of tinkering with buttons (Adding separate ael and afl buttons would be nice, and perhaps making the rear screen more adjustable) as those would suit my style.
Unless there is a breakthrough in terms of sensor noise, there is not a lot that can be done. And if that happens all cameras will have a rethink.

Last edited:
Anyone after an XF-1? I have one in classifieds....!

I had one and I loved it while it lasted, would I go and buy another XF1 ? Errrr, maybe not. I still have an X10 that is running OK and I have a spare battery for it, taken from my old XF1 :rolleyes:

Glad to hear it! Now, who can recommend a wrist strap and soft release button to me?

I have a peak design wrist strap for my D7100 but I think it's overkill for the little Fuji and can afford to go for something a little more aesthetically pleasing instead ;)
www.cordweaver.co.uk for the wrist strap. The Cordy Cat is my favourite.
Any button in the 10mm to 12mm range really; loads of 'em on eBay. A rubber o-ring or flat washer over the thread will prevent it working loose.

Typically, I quite like the 8mm braided strap but cordweaver only seem to do it in a neck strap [emoji23]

www.cordweaver.co.uk for the wrist strap. The Cordy Cat is my favourite.
Any button in the 10mm to 12mm range really; loads of 'em on eBay. A rubber o-ring or flat washer over the thread will prevent it working loose.

I have a Cordy wrist strap as well as a Gordy leather one. The Cordy seems a bit too long for me; you can't really let the camera dangle as it swings too much, so I end up carrying the camera. The strap becomes effectively just a safety thing. The Gordy OTOH is just the right length, and excellent in slightly dodgy locations (no-one's going to slip it off you... in fact I did worry that, if mugged I might not be able to get it off quickly enough!!!). However, on purchase the leather is a bit harsh. I spent a few weeks kneading the Gordy strap in the evenings while watching the telly, and it's now perfect.

I wonder if that will means they will lose value, or will they become sought after?

Initially they'll lose value as the remainder get sold off. In the future, however, they could well become sought after as the production numbers will have been comparatively low, I guess.

I have a Cordy wrist strap as well as a Gordy leather one. The Cordy seems a bit too long for me; you can't really let the camera dangle as it swings too much, so I end up carrying the camera. The strap becomes effectively just a safety thing. The Gordy OTOH is just the right length, and excellent in slightly dodgy locations (no-one's going to slip it off you... in fact I did worry that, if mugged I might not be able to get it off quickly enough!!!). However, on purchase the leather is a bit harsh. I spent a few weeks kneading the Gordy strap in the evenings while watching the telly, and it's now perfect.
I do like the look of the Gordy over the Cordy wrist straps. Did you go for black or a shade of brown out of interest?

Back