The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

IMO there's no benefit in the 20 over the 30. The 30 is a far better handling camera. I think that the EVF on the 30 is much better than the hybrid OVF of the 20 and carries much more information in a much easier to read manner.
:agree: I took very few shots with my X20 and sold it as soon as the X30 was released, happily paying the 'early adopter's tax'. I still have that X30.

I bought a 2nd hand X10 from the classies here then sold it to a mate to help fund an upgrade to the 20 which then got swapped (with some cash my way) for the 10 back to help fund the 30. I still have and use both baby Xs as well as the remaining XF1 - the other got nicked from my (unlocked...) car.

Thinking about picking up an X20 or X30 (XQ2?). There doesn’t seem much price differential in the used market between the two, is there any benefit at all to the X20 over the X30? Considering the Q as well but f4.9 at the Tele end is putting me off a bit. Tbf I may even opt for an X10 if the price is stupidly cheap.

Decisions huh. I own a plethora of ff Nikon primes, just want a throw in the bag ‘compact’ that can be the family beater cam (it will still be loved).

I have a X10 and my wife has a XQ2, so I've done some direct comparisons. The XQ2 wins hands down for portability but I do find the slower lens a problem, and positively loathe the electric zoom controlled by the collar of the shutter. And for my money, the X10 images are far superior in many situations. I do carry my X10 in a coat pocket, or on a wrist strap, so I find it portable. The X10 is exactly the same size as the X20, and a little slimmer than the X30, I think...

Thanks. Yesterday I bought myself a mint used X20 for a real bargain, it’s in the post on its way to me. Can’t wait to get my hands on the little fella

It's been around 2 years with my x-t10... While I absolutely love it, i still REALLY miss my x30. I dare say it's the perfect day to day shooter. The only reason I need the x-t10 is for the longer lenses. *sigh* one day I'll get another...

I'm off walking the South West Coast Path again today, this time in Dorset. I'll be talking the X30 only as I don't want to be lugging around a heavy XT2 and lenses. In this situation, the smaller camera's shortcomings are outweighed by the convenience of carrying. Horses for courses. The resulting image is good enough for a 20x15 canvas print - good enough for me :)

Last edited:
The 30 can just about cope with A3+ glossy prints as long as you don't need to crop any more than is necessary to get to 19x13" so it should be plenty for a 20x15 canvas print.

Hope you enjoyed the walk and that the rain didn't catch you (like it did me!!!)

The 30 can just about cope with A3+ glossy prints as long as you don't need to crop any more than is necessary to get to 19x13" so it should be plenty for a 20x15 canvas print.

Hope you enjoyed the walk and that the rain didn't catch you (like it did me!!!)

Well, we didn't get wet but it was very windy indeed - we had to take refuge in the pub for a pint and a pasty - and look at the little chappie who joined us for the pasty:-

Robin1024px_zpsc3bpvpic.jpg

This had to be a quick grabbed shot but no probs with autofocus here - the AF and the lens are really exceedingly good for this level of camera

Last edited:
And this is one of Worth Matravers - just down the road from the pub with the Robin (above).

Worth Matravers by Andrew R, on Flickr

It's a lovely traditional Dorset-stone built village a mile from the coast. One of my favourite walks - and a good pub at the end - what more could you ask for :)

And this is one of Worth Matravers - just down the road from the pub with the Robin (above).

Worth Matravers by Andrew R, on Flickr

It's a lovely traditional Dorset-stone built village a mile from the coast. One of my favourite walks - and a good pub at the end - what more could you ask for :)
Oooooohhhhh got me feeling all summery now. I live just outside of Bournemouth, so the purbecks are my home away from home once the sun starts showing regularly.
Had some issues the last couple of years so haven't been over there for a while, but sitting at my desk with the sun hitting me through the window, I can almost smell the beer gardens while looking at the stone village. Definitely gonna be over that way this summer!

You'll all be sick of me soon - yet another from yesterday's venture to the Purbecks. This time just an image of the back gardens in Worth Matravers:-

Back Gardens - Worth Matravers by Andrew R, on Flickr

Honestly, with results like these, I'm seriously wondering whether I need a 'better' camera - I have an XP1, an XT2 and an X100F but this little X30 (which cost me peanuts) takes some superb images

We've been walking the South Downs Way (or rather, part of it) today - stopped for lunch in Exton and had a well deserved pint of 6X. Some of the gardens there are exquisite - the River Meon runs through some of them.

River Meon at Exton by Andrew R, on Flickr

The Meon is a chalk stream - a very rare habitat

Thought nobody visited this thread anymore. I have put my X10 to bed, not sure when or if I will ever use it again.

Oh dear, it looks like I'm the sole custodian of this thread now :-( That's a shame because they're brilliant little cameras
I have loved the X10, it has ben a fun little camera to use. It has helped me capture some important memories. The Fuji is now showing it's age, and I wanted something with a little more oomph. I now use the Canon G7X mk 11 for all occasions. Trouble is, the Canon thread is not used much. :(

We've been walking the South Downs Way (or rather, part of it) today - stopped for lunch in Exton and had a well deserved pint of 6X. Some of the gardens there are exquisite - the River Meon runs through some of them.

River Meon at Exton by Andrew R, on Flickr

The Meon is a chalk stream - a very rare habitat

Drove through (one of the many other) Exton(s) a couple of hours ago! Ex(e), Isk, Usk and other variations mean river and ton is settlement.

Still use my X-30 fairly often, just don't take much worth sharing!

I still have my X30 and I use it around the house so if I need photos for eBay or Mrs S wants some photos of the garden as an aide mémoire then I'll grab the X30. So what Nod says about sharing...
I'll probably take it as a backup camera for our holiday next month but it might not get much exercise.

Last edited:
I don't think I will ever get rid of my X10. I think I will keep it, and I will fondle the quirky little camera when I am bored. :)

I still lurk even though I sold my x30 last year. I'm still thinking about a travel camera but it will probably be something with a bigger sensor

I sold up all my Nikon dslr stuff a few years ago but kept my X10 unfortunately shutter only works in silent mode but it still takes a decent image. Thinking about a return to photography probably XT 2

My x10 went on the blink about a year ago and I'm still thinking of getting it fixed. I have a Canon G5x which is ok but a bit characterless and the x10 made some lovely pictures and was a joy to use. Please don't discourage me from spending money fixing the old thing.

I'm hoping they will still fix it.

Last edited:
My x10 went on the blink about a year ago and I'm still thinking of getting it fixed. I have a Canon G5x which is ok but a bit characterless and the x10 made some lovely pictures and was a joy to use. Please don't discourage me from spending money fixing the old thing.

I wont discourage you, from paying to get it fixed. :)

If my X10 developed a fault, I would not shell out money to get it fixed. I think the X10 goes for about £100 or so, on auction sites.

I don't really care what it goes for because I wouldn't be spending as much as it was worth to then try and sell it, but because I enjoyed using it so much. The Canon produces better shots technically but... By the time I get round to it they will probably have declared it too old but I still have it in mind to get it fixed and take pictures with it.

Bit worried about the idea that my X10 might go on the blink... though I suppose these digital cameras do tend to do that eventually. Mine gets used a lot, it's the "photos of the grandkids" camera, and the only decent digital camera I've got. It's much better than my wife's XQ2, or my old Canon Ixus thingy. I have just got an iPhone SE which I haven't really tried yet, though.

(Any 'serious' photography gets done on my 40 year old fully manual film cameras...)

EDIT: definitely get it fixed... then, please, let us know how much it cost! :D

So, the Fuji X-T100 has been announced and is to be marketed with the 15-45 power zoom - is this the long awaited X-30 replacement????

So, the Fuji X-T100 has been announced and is to be marketed with the 15-45 power zoom - is this the long awaited X-30 replacement????

£619 is the stated retail price for the kit, not bad. XT20-lite with a Bayer sensor, that some will prefer. The LCD looks interesting, and proves that tilting + articulated is possible

I must admit, I do keep checking out the Fuji range. This is even after I have already bought a Canon compact. :)

I still use my X30 as my main go to, every day camera. Though I have added an XE2 for when I need the higher quality that comes with a larger sensor, and the kit 18-55 F2.8-4 is remarkably good.
I keep a, now old, Minolta G660 in the car as an emergency camera.

I am getting the urge to go hunting in my storage boxes, and fish out the X10. I do miss the way it felt in my hands.

Well, a major part of the joy of the X10/X20/X30 series is that wonderful manual zoom, f/2-2.8 lens. I know that in terms of narrowness of field etc that translates into much smaller equivalent apertures, but for light gathering it's still pretty much unbeatable across the X range, AFAICS. So from my point of view, no, it's not a X30 replacement!

I still think the X70 was a missed opportunity. If they'd made that a 1" sensor fixed zoom (even with a shorter range, as Sony did with their RX100 2/3/4/5), it could have been a great camera.

Back