The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Bangkok

DSCF2108.jpg

DSCF2109-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet.jpg

DSCF2283-Bearbeitet.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up one of these yesterday from Focus, bit disappointed it doesn't come with the lens hood kit! Can't believe how much Fuji want for the kit, dodgy china copy from eBay I think, any suggestions would be appreciated along with lens cap options when the hood fitted.

Interesting news just noticed on dpreview:-

Fujifilm has said it will provide a 'definitive solution' to the white orb blooming problem on its X10 enthusiast compact camera. No further details are available at this point but Fujifilm UK, speaking at the Focus 2012 show in Birmingham UK, said that it is aware of customer concerns and that there will be making a full statement on March 12th

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/03/05/Fujifilm-promises-to-fix-x10-white-orb-blooming

I read that too... I wonder what that'll be? :thinking:

I didn't get a chance to go and have a chat with Fuji at Focus yesterday about the X10 but then again, I'm not having any issues with mine. :)

well ive seen shots that ive taken with them in it but to be honest im not in the slightest bit worried. If they issue a product recall or something then i doubt i'd bother.

I've just bought one - even after reading all the pessimists on dpreview. And I have a friend who is looking at getting a refurb from the Fuji shop as the 10% off voucher is still working.

Talking of the refurbs and asking those who have bought one - are there any problems with them, marks, or anything else?

I've just bought one - even after reading all the pessimists on dpreview. And I have a friend who is looking at getting a refurb from the Fuji shop as the 10% off voucher is still working.

Talking of the refurbs and asking those who have bought one - are there any problems with them, marks, or anything else?

If mine didn't have a refurb sticker on the box I would have thought it was brand new. All accessories came in sealed bags and the camera does not have a single mark on it.

Worth the £329.00 without a doubt.

Interesting news just noticed on dpreview:-

Fujifilm has said it will provide a 'definitive solution' to the white orb blooming problem on its X10 enthusiast compact camera. No further details are available at this point but Fujifilm UK, speaking at the Focus 2012 show in Birmingham UK, said that it is aware of customer concerns and that there will be making a full statement on March 12th

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/03/05/Fujifilm-promises-to-fix-x10-white-orb-blooming

Blimey......
Didn't expect that......

Can't see a fix that doesn't involve significant compromise in other areas (ISO, noise or worse).
I don't want to degrade what I've got (and love).
I'll definitely be wanting detailed information before upgrading.

DayDreamer said:

No issues or marks etc. on my refurb, if it hadn't said refurb on the box you'd not have known.

Blimey......
Didn't expect that......

Can't see a fix that doesn't involve significant compromise in other areas (ISO, noise or worse).
I don't want to degrade what I've got (and love).
I'll definitely be wanting detailed information before upgrading.

Very valid points and all those who read this thread will be looking to you and following your advice so no pressure :D

@robenroute: yep its really nice to run around that aerea :)

DSCF2265-Bearbeitet-2.jpg

and i love the food:

DSCF2281.jpg

Last edited:
Park cameras and amazon are doing the x10 for 379-00 now so if you don't fancy a refurb it's a good price
I really fancy one of these but will wait a few days to see what Fiji come up with
Is there any other high end compact with a view finder and a manual zoom close to the x10

Has anybody from you compared medium size 100 asa dr400 imageprints with 400 asa large size dr400 imageprints in the size of 30x45 cm or similar?

Don't forget Spiritflier volunteered to take some of the blame :naughty:

Haha, not quite Duncan... I got volunteered to take some of the blame! ;)

While I remember, I had another crack at the IR stuff the other day but I was getting a noticeable hot-spot in the middle of the image! I think I'm going to stick to mono IR until I figure out where the problem lies. :thinking:

Hi All,

This may have been asked before, had a brief scan through and couldn't find the answer.

I am looking for a soft touch button and a cable release for my X10. What and where have you purchased these items for your X10's?

Also anyone with a link to third party cases and the X10 official leather one seems rather expensive at £70!?

Picked up one of these yesterday from Focus, bit disappointed it doesn't come with the lens hood kit! Can't believe how much Fuji want for the kit, dodgy china copy from eBay I think, any suggestions would be appreciated along with lens cap options when the hood fitted.
I bought one from Roxsen on eBay along with a 40mm filter and they arrived very quickly. The Roxsen hood is cheaper than the usual JJC version and seems just as good as the original, if anything a little sturdier and more matt paint. I haven't tried it but I think a 58mm lens cap will fit the hood.

There's also a new smaller hood that takes the standard lens cap but it seems to have disappeared from eBay at the moment.

Jonathan

blimey, a leica accessory thats under £100!

They’re not made necessarily for Leica cameras; you can fit them to any camera that has a cable-release thread:

http://matchtechnical.com/Beep.aspx

Note: to ensure that the one I fitted did not become loose and fall out, which I’ve read on other forums has happened to a few people, I put a small dab of nail varnish on the thread of mine before screwing it in.

This one is similar to one for which there is an image from eBay, mentioned in an earlier post. However, the one I bought (below) has Fujifilm embossed on the part of the case covering the lens and X10 is embossed on the top of the case. I chose the dark brown (but it's also available in a rusty brown). At about £5 more than the one without the Fuji identification, I thought worth the extra cost. The case is in 2 parts and you could use it with just the base part on the Fuji. I prefer to take the camera completely out. ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250954320462?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Last edited:
DayDreamer said:

You're right, it looks kind of ugly; not even sure it would really block dust, sand, etc. I use a step-up ring to 52mm, a 52mm UV filter (just to protect the X10's lens) together with a bog-standard pinch-on lens cap (one from my old Nikon gear in fact). I hardly have the lens cap on as I trust the Hoya HD filter...

Just printed some pics prints 20x30cm from Thailand and i am still amazed frim that little camera: 1600 asa and a lot of fine detail in the print:

DSCF3827.jpg

a lot of detail in the hair und very nice skin color at the younger ladys face. i am sure that bigger prints are also possible. I also like the whole "looking" of th image...because it doesn not look so "digital"

its really the first compact camera where i use autoiso up to 1600 asa without warrying about the imagequality I also printed one picture with 3200 asa and it has also a very nice analog look

Had the X10 for just over a week, but first chance to play today, took dogs for walk, in local woods and saw this plant growing in a cleft in the tree, this was shot exp mode with dog lead in other hand. It is not the greatest subject but I was very impressed on how the camera handles the dynamic range,

cleft-1.jpg

Neil.

Nice photo Mr B! I am very impressed by the super macro mode. This is a photo of some lichen on a rock. The red bud was less than a millimeter across and the spikes were barely visible to the naked eye. The only hard part is to avoid the lens casting a shadow.

charles.

lichen1.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic pics guys.

Can anyone recommend a case for the X10? I want it reasonably tight fitting but be able to also accomodate and EF-20 flash along with the camera.

Fantastic pics guys.

Can anyone recommend a case for the X10? I want it reasonably tight fitting but be able to also accomodate and EF-20 flash along with the camera.

Rags,

I've got the Apex 60 from Lowepro, but that is a tight fit even without a flash unit. My X10 with step-up ring and additional UV filter barely fits (I really have to force the zipper to close). I think the Apex 100 would be a better fit for your needs.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rags

I am interested if you feel it is loads better than the XZ-1 but it may take you a while to know how you feel ;)

Right - I have been playing with both cameras for a few days now. I am going to keep the X10 thats for sure. There is not much in it to be honest in terms of image quality. I just find the X10 better and easier to use as I dont have to delve into the menu system too much. I will put up my XZ-1 for sale soon.

However, if I could go back would probably would not spend the extra £220 or so getting the X10 over the second hand value of the XZ-1. Key differences are (but as I said not much in it) -

1. Focus - faster on the X10 but the it just fails now and again and you have to recompose
2. Exposure - whilst not perfect on both of them, the XZ-1 gets it right more of the time. Especially with significant light variations in a shot. The X10 simply has a tendency to overexpose here
3. Colours - more vibrant on the XZ-1. Less natural though - slightly exaggerates them.
4. Vibration reduction - much better on the XZ-1. The X10 is simply poor in this regard.

If I were you, I would keep the XZ-1. The X10 is a lovely camera no doubt but its not miles ahead of other good cameras in its class for image quality.

Last edited:
Rags,

I've got the Apex 60 from Lowepro, but that is a tight fit even without a flash unit. My X10 with step-up ring and additional UV filter barely fits (I really have to force the zipper to close). I think the Apex 100 would be a better fit for your needs.

Cheers,
Rob

Thanks Rob, will check them out now.

Back