The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

That’s a nice shot Gary, keep them coming, the technique you use is one used throughout this and the old X10/20 thread. I use it in conjunction with a monopod, it gives me a smoother rotation on landscape/horizontal pano’s.
Have a look back at the early pages of this and the old X10/20 thread, there's a link on page one, there's so many really good tips and techniques.

Rhodese.

Helen, I have been meaning to ask, is this a picture of a dog that owns you. I/we had setters looking after us for years. They made us walk for miles and then spend hours grooming them, they even let us sleep in the same room as them, if we were not feeling very well.
It’s a picture that has revived many happy memories.

Rhodese.

Reactions: Nod
David, I would try a little underexposure compensation and maybe a spurt of flash for the foreground but without the dogs, they confuse matters! Like the shots though. Hard to avoid the sun burning out whatever the camera/medium.

Gary, that's the way I always do my pans with the baby X cameras (and, indeed when shooting for stitching on an SLR). Not been to Lyme for a while - might take a trip before too long (when the weather calms down a bit!)

Helen, I have been meaning to ask, is this a picture of a dog that owns you. I/we had setters looking after us for years. They made us walk for miles and then spend hours grooming them, they even let us sleep in the same room as them, if we were not feeling very well.
It’s a picture that has revived many happy memories.

Rhodese.
No, he (Hugo) owns a friend, he is just over a year and a soppy bouncy thing, he got bloat a couple of months ago and nearly died, he is fine now and owns her sofa

H

That's a great shot Gary!! Nice technique too. :)

Cheers David

That’s a nice shot Gary, keep them coming, the technique you use is one used throughout this and the old X10/20 thread. I use it in conjunction with a monopod, it gives me a smoother rotation on landscape/horizontal pano’s.
Have a look back at the early pages of this and the old X10/20 thread, there's a link on page one, there's so many really good tips and techniques.

Rhodese.

Cheers Rhodese, I'll Have a look

Gary, that's the way I always do my pans with the baby X cameras (and, indeed when shooting for stitching on an SLR). Not been to Lyme for a while - might take a trip before too long (when the weather calms down a bit!)

Yeah, I've used dslrs like that before (not that I do many panos) but didn't realise you could do it with these in camera pano modes until today :) Was my first time at Lyme Regis today, was pretty lucky with the sky

Crop and a gradient to darken the cloud a little. :) I'm suitably impressed with the images coming out of this thing, seems to nail the WB in auto every time and noise seems acceptable too. 1600 doesn't look too different from 100 tbh. I'm pretty sure it's a match for my old a37 with kit lens.

I've been comparing some shots with some old D40x ones with a kit lens, and I think they are around the same in IQ low to standard jpegs IMHO

H

Looks like the XF has thrown the distracting background completely OOF there, Helen. Nice smooth blue bokeh.

I'm in RAW and they seem pretty good for the price point. I'm stepping up to a d7100 soon so I guess there will be a vast difference :LOL:

I had my d7100 and my x20 at the cob yesterday. I'll put up a side by side comparison later if I get yhe chance

4 or 5 times now I have had the firmware update screen showing when I turn my XF1 on. I am definitely not pressing the back button when I wind out the lens. Anyone else seen this?
Its not a major problem, I just have to press "back" then shut down the camera and start it up again, which it always does fine.
Allan

4 or 5 times now I have had the firmware update screen showing when I turn my XF1 on. I am definitely not pressing the back button when I wind out the lens. Anyone else seen this?
Its not a major problem, I just have to press "back" then shut down the camera and start it up again, which it always does fine.
Allan
Try a reset if that does not fix it then sounds like a fault

H

Not seen that on either of mine.

My experiences of Fuji's service centre have been all good. Very fast turn around and when I registered an X-10 for repair, they sent a well padded box and prepaid postage envelope. Considering that the warranty ran out between registration and sending the thing off to them, I was impressed. Unfortunately, the same fault developed again - again, just before the warranty on the earlier repair expired - again, very fast turn around and prepaid box etc.

They were very good when I sent my X10 in for the sensor mod, then again because they messed it up, then again because the sent me a tatty refurb till I got a brand new one!
I've tried the reset a couple of times, lets hope that fixes it. It also failed to turn on a couple of times, before and after the resets!
I bought the camera from Currys, if I take it back they will only offer me a refund because it looks like they are out of stock now.
Fingers crossed.
Allan

Any pointers to good generic NP50A batteries

Had anyone got the Ever Ready Camera Case bag from ebay ?
H

Last edited:
The top line, closest to the camera reads "KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN".

Just been fiddling with my X20 and looked at a pano, pressed a button and it slowly swept across the photograph from left to right.

I was impressed.

Cheers.

Just been fiddling with my X20 and looked at a pano, pressed a button and it slowly swept across the photograph from left to right.

I was impressed.

Cheers.

That's what it does.................. looks better on a bigger screen though.

Any advice for a cheap standard case for XF1 and anyone got a link to some decent batterys? All the ones I can see on amazon have terrible reviews.

When I bought my first XF-1, I bought the Fuji case with it and it fits beautifully. It also matches the texture of the body covering (not that important really but may be a consideration!) Still slips into a shirt pocket when in the case. When I bought my X-10, it came with some (2) spare batteries which I kept when I sold the camera on so now have 5 genuine batteries to share between the 2 XF-1s and the X-20. Not had any problems with them. I do tend to top up their charges after a day out rather than drain them completely.

Back