The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Hi David, are you referring to my post? If you are, I don't think Fuji would be interested as the Camera is years old now.
mate Fuji are great for aftersales care you might be surprized. I found them a great company to deal with.

mate Fuji are great for aftersales care you might be surprized. I found them a great company to deal with.
I did not buy it new it belonged to my mate, he had it for years. I don't think he has the receipt either.

Just had a quick look on the Fujifilm website and it states clearly (To be eligible for a warranty repair, you must provide a receipt showing your camera to be less than one year old.

Your warranty covers failures due to defective components only.

If your camera is found to have suffered accidental damage, an estimate for the cost of repair will be provided
)

The Camera is well out of Warranty, I will simply have to watch out for lighting situations, that will cause the orbs.

Last edited:
I did not buy it new it belonged to my mate, he had it for years. I don't think he has the receipt either.
they would probably do it as a fixed price repair. I think of the top of my head that's about £116 or thereabouts.it depends how much of a problem it is for you

Might be worth firing off an e-mail (maybe blow a little smoke up their butts, saying how much you love their babies when the orbs aren't there and wish you had taken advantage of the replacement sensor offer years ago etc....) to customer services. Won't cost you anything and might get a positive result.

they would probably do it as a fixed price repair. I think of the top of my head that's about £116 or thereabouts.it depends how much of a problem it is for you
No I don't think I will pay for a repair, the X10 are going pretty cheap nowadays anyway. If I keep a watch out for glinting light I should be OK.

Might be worth firing off an e-mail (maybe blow a little smoke up their butts, saying how much you love their babies when the orbs aren't there and wish you had taken advantage of the replacement sensor offer years ago etc....) to customer services. Won't cost you anything and might get a positive result.

Hey Nod now I do like that, a copy and paste is in order adding and taking bits of text away, and I am sure I will have a pretty good letter template. Thanks very much for that, sending a message as soon as I have got the wording properly sorted out ;)

OK just filled in the claim form on the Fujifilm website, got my Tracking number. Lets see what happens next.

Last edited:
That's what I meant. With it being a fault that was recognised by them and free repair was offered to customers who suffered the issue then they may help you out. Just say that you wasn't aware of the issue until a friend pointed it out in your photographs then after a bit of googling you found it was a well documented issue and that Fuji had been offering free repair.

Last edited:
That's what I meant. With it being a fault that was recognised by them and free repair was offered to customers who suffered the issue then they may help you out. Just say that you wasn't aware of the issue until a friend pointed it out in your photographs then after a bit of googling you found it was a well documented issue and that Fuji had been offering free repair.

Just a case of waiting now to see what they say, got a feeling they will say its far too long ago. But ya just never know

Fingers crossed for you, John.

As a set I'm not sure if it looks like I've overdone the selective yellow, but what the hell. I can take pictures of Yorkshire any time, and what I was trying to bring out with these was the building excitement for Le Tour. Using the selective colour isolates the yellow and makes it stand out so much better compared to the full colour versions (which I took for most of these to compare which I preferred) and these are the ones I like best :) It's trying to capture the alienness of the Tour just landing in places I know really well. This is a mixture of a weekend away in York and wandering round in Leeds on Friday morning and this lunchtime. I will try to get out most lunchtimes this week to see what's happening with the buildup.

DSCF0715 by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr
shopping by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr
Boutique by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr
What do you mean no horses in the race by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr
Bunting by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

However... I found that sometimes it wasn't picking up all the yellow - the ooh la la banner and the one hanging from the lamppost are both more yellow in real life than they are here
Should be more yellow by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

Can't fault them for making the most of it, should bring a few quid for the local economy. Also love how enthusiastic you are about it. Good use of selective colour too, I was just about to say how good and reliable it looked until you mentioned the banner. :LOL:

Looks like my my newly purchased X10 has the white Orb Issues :( I had an idea it may possibly have been an affected one when I bought it.....

Although it does have the white Orb issues, I am persevering with it. I took the X10 to the park this morning and tried it out, and I found it does produce some lovely photos. I really do like the Blue and Green of the sky and foliage. So long as I don't get any reflections in shot, such as Water/Glass/Metal etc, I should be fine. But all in all I am happy with my purchase

Helen, when I was scrolling down this thread my first thought (before I read your introduction) when I saw the monchrome pic with the yellow flowers was, 'I wonder if this is for the Tour de France coming to Yorkshire.'

Great set.

Looks like my my newly purchased X10 has the white Orb Issues :( I had an idea it may possibly have been an affected one when I bought it. I got it at a very reasonable price, not that much more than the cost of a spare battery for my XF1, so it's not really that bad. Noticed the orbs mainly when there is a glint of light from situations like above, but I have found if I am careful with the light, I can get some really lovely people shots. If I am careful how I take photos, I will be able to live with it.

John I've an X10, bought new and with the orb problem. TBH it was fairly hard to induce. I was able to take advantage of the sensor exchange programme, which was great.

However, looking at your shots, I'm not sure I can see the orbs there. They're not just flare or slightly blown highlights, but quite like a hole-punch in the image, several times larger than the glint of light that causes them, and hard-edged.

My advice would be to just enjoy your X10. It's a wonderful camera. I was reminded again last week when I took mine to a wedding (as guest), and found the images remarkably good.

John I've an X10, bought new and with the orb problem. TBH it was fairly hard to induce. I was able to take advantage of the sensor exchange programme, which was great.

However, looking at your shots, I'm not sure I can see the orbs there. They're not just flare or slightly blown highlights, but quite like a hole-punch in the image, several times larger than the glint of light that causes them, and hard-edged.

My advice would be to just enjoy your X10. It's a wonderful camera. I was reminded again last week when I took mine to a wedding (as guest), and found the images remarkably good.

Hi Chris, despite the Orb problem I love the X10, I was going to get an X20 but cash flow dictated otherwise. Then along came the X10 that was going for a reasonable price, and I knew the person selling it. Lovely little camera in great condition, just the Orb thingy.

But if I am careful of the light, and avoid shots with bright glints of light, and other such light reflections I should be OK. I got some lovely photos of the family yesterday, took them in the garden and the colours and tones from skin and flowers etc, came out lovely. I kept an eye out for glinting light, and everyone came out lovely.

haha - I've just been looking for launch details too :snaphappy:

Hi, I guess we'll just have to start another rumor then. :)

Been having a play...

A Bitta Flare
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Lichen

Movement

Look No Head

Lily

Also tried some shooting into the sun portraits... Lily was messing about so they're not too sharp and i don't think the flash is strong enough to make her pop against the background. Will have to have another play when i get chance. :)
that look no head shot I really like, its dramatic

Cheers Niko. It's not what I intended but I thought I'd go with it and process it. Turned out pretty well I think... the little dots are grass seed that she collected and I thought that chucking them up in the air against the light might look good but I think they're too small. 'Next size up required'

Cheers.

Last edited:
Cheers Niko. It's not what I intended but I thought I'd go with it and process it. Turned out pretty well I think... the little dots are grass seed that she collected and I thought that chucking them up in the air against the light might look good but I think they're too small. 'Next size up required'

Cheers.
it works for me mate.

Can you not add some flash exposure ? I think mine is - something as the last time I was in a restaurant and didn't want everything blown ( oo-err missus )

Back