The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Well, a major part of the joy of the X10/X20/X30 series is that wonderful manual zoom, f/2-2.8 lens. I know that in terms of narrowness of field etc that translates into much smaller equivalent apertures, but for light gathering it's still pretty much unbeatable across the X range, AFAICS. So from my point of view, no, it's not a X30 replacement!

I still think the X70 was a missed opportunity. If they'd made that a 1" sensor fixed zoom (even with a shorter range, as Sony did with their RX100 2/3/4/5), it could have been a great camera.
I too am pretty fond of the manual zoom, one of the many features I enjoyed on my X10.

Two shots of the same thing - one taken with my 24mp Fuji X-T2 and 18-55 zoom and the other with my 'humble' X30 - these are just quick hand-held shots.

Clematis and Rambling Rose_X-T2 by Andrew R, on Flickr
X-T2 and 18-55

Clematis and Rambling Rose_X30 by Andrew R, on Flickr
X30

Yes, these are different apertures so different depths of view but it just goes to show how well the X30 performs providing the dynamic range is OK

I do miss using the X10, as it is a fun little camera to use. Just I am having so much fun with my current little camera ( Canon) , not sure if I will ever use the X10 again. Maybe I will when I am bored, and I want to have a play with all my old stuff. :)

Just a heads up guys. Wex Clearance have the lens hood and filter kit in for just £9.

Get it while it's hot (and in stock obviously).

Well I saw a tweet from Fuji in my Twitter timeline this morning promoting a new camera - the XF10 Premium Compact.

Had my hopes up that it was a replacement for the X10/20/30...................but sadly no. Its a fixed focal length compact with an APS-C sensor.

More of a budget consumer little brother for the X100 than anything else.

https://fujifilm-x.com/uk/cameras/xf10/

Disappointing. :(

It’s a lot of money for what it is. Am sure the price will drop like a stone

Yes I was disappointed there too. It's clear there won't be a 2/3" sensor camera coming, and Fuji seem to have avoided the 1" sector that's so successful for some other brands. I'm not sure how bulky an APS-C zoom X30 replacement would need to be, but likely a lot less pocketable.

It's been clear since April 2016 that there would be no more 2/3" sensor cameras and no forthcoming 1" sensor cameras as that's what Fujifilm announced when it discontinued the X30 & XQ2.

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one bemoaning the apparent demise of the baby X series. Really wish the X-30 was truly pocketable (as in shirt rather than jacket pocket!) and/or that the X-F1 had an EVF.

After lugging the X-T2 and 18/55 around Pembroke recently, I really appreciate the small, compact X30 - very glad I still have mine

If only the X-30 was truly pocketable! IMO it's far nicer to use and delivers more pleasing images than the (on paper better) Panny TZ-100. However, the fact that the Panny slides into my shirt pocket means that it's that that gets taken on holiday rather than the baby X.

If only the X-30 was truly pocketable! IMO it's far nicer to use and delivers more pleasing images than the (on paper better) Panny TZ-100. However, the fact that the Panny slides into my shirt pocket means that it's that that gets taken on holiday rather than the baby X.

Well, it's good to know that the TZ100 doesn't deliver as pleasing images - I've previously thought about buying one. Really, if the X30 was 16MP then I wouldn't need anything else. The lens is lovely and build is first class - it's only when I start cropping images that I run into problems.

Keeping deliberating over whether to buy an X30 or not but it really bugs me that I'd probably have to pay more for a well used one now than they used to sell for on the refurb store. It's still tempting as I can't see that there is much competition in terms of a one box solution with viewfinder and decent ergonomics. My father uses a G5x which is nice enough but has none of the tactility/feel of the Fuji. Ditto the RX100's. There are m4/3 options but they end up being quite large with a lens. Real shame Fuji didn't continue this line or even push it up to 1" sensor.

Last edited:
I've been toying with the idea of buying an X-E3 and the 15-45 PZ lens - BUT I've heard conflicting reports on the lens. I've had an RX100 and TBH whilst the images were well detailed, the colours weren't like Fuji's and I couldn't get on with the flimsy build and retractable EVF. M4/3 would end up too big. So, I'm a bit stumped ATM. Meanwhile, the little X30 never fails to impress.

I've been toying with the idea of buying an X-E3 and the 15-45 PZ lens - BUT I've heard conflicting reports on the lens. I've had an RX100 and TBH whilst the images were well detailed, the colours weren't like Fuji's and I couldn't get on with the flimsy build and retractable EVF. M4/3 would end up too big. So, I'm a bit stumped ATM. Meanwhile, the little X30 never fails to impress.

Not an easy thing to replace is it! In my case, I'm not massively bothered about overall image quality. A while ago I had an XF1 and the images were fine but it lacked the controls and VF. I think an X30 would fit the bill nicely, it just feels like I'd be paying a lot for something that is relatively aged tech now. But then of course, they hold their price for good reason!

I had an x30 and it was lovely to use. I wouldn't go above iso800 as the images get pretty noisy but if you're aware of this then ...... That said, i agree they're pretty silly money now

Was looking on eBay the other day and saw that prices for the X10 are typically between £180 and £220. I bought mine as mint used nearly 4 years ago for £180..............seems like the little camera holds its value well.

Just hope my daughter looks after it as she borrowed it over a year ago and I've not had it back. :(

Was looking on eBay the other day and saw that prices for the X10 are typically between £180 and £220. I bought mine as mint used nearly 4 years ago for £180..............seems like the little camera holds its value well.

Just hope my daughter looks after it as she borrowed it over a year ago and I've not had it back. :(

The X30 now seems to be on a par with the X-T1 in the used sales. Like the X-Pro1, the secondhand values seem to have bottomed out.

I was thinking of moving on my X-30 but this thread makes me tempted to stick with it. The JPGs are just so nice. What do they go for on eBay? Some silly money prices on there by the looks of things..!

Keep it. There's nothing else like it and not likely to be in the future.

Totally agree - it offers Fuji colours, quality zoom lens, great build, reasonably compact, manual control etc. The only real downside is the 2/3 sensor but I'm always amazed at the results. And it's popularity is evidenced by the high resale value - like the X-Pro1 and the original X100.

Well, the time has come to offload some cameras as I have too many and the X20 sadly is going to be one of them. Still keeping my X30 though :) So before I pack it off to mpb is anyone here interested? If so I’ll put up a sale thread.

well my xf1 with less than 500 shots has the dreaded shutter problem,
read all the horror storys of many owners being ignored and lied to by Fuji over a known fault
,even on camera under warranty !!
So it goes in the bin, and a good enough reason never buy Fuji again

20403-1539944064-84b88ced89f00c00ccfc5b39d5c62e78.jpg

Time on my hands, so I thought I would get the X10 out again. Yep, fault still there.
The camera is now over exposing very badly, only happens when set to over 50mm. It does not over expose when doing video, even at the max zoom. So can either use it below 50mm for photos, or video at any zoom length.

I still like using the X10, as it really is fun to use. I only use it every now and again, when I want something that feels OK in the hands...
If I happen to spot an X10/20/or 30 in a second hand shop, I may just buy it. Just for hands on fun, and providing it is very very cheap. NO, this is not an advert asking for one, just saying like.

PS

My X10 is still limping along, with a bit of a workaround it just about works..

Last edited:
Spotted a few X10s on auction sites, and they are asking silly prices, £300 / £400 etc. While an advert or so below these listings, has an X-T10 for £230. Certainly keen on getting a cheapo hands on camera, but NOT paying a silly price.

Back