The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

It's an odd one. A Marumi 40.5 mm should fit but others don't (assuming the lens is the same as the X30).

Glad you're enjoying it.

A couple of features I find quite handy, especially for posting here, are the in camera cropping and resizing to (IIRC) 640x480 pixels. Just wish the thing slipped into a shirt pocket like the XF1 does as does the S*ny RX100.

Yeah, I had original RX 100 and RX1003 but as much as they were truly pocketable they were just a little fiddly for my hands, I did like them though but always preferred Fuji SOOC pics

Completely agree but for my wants/needs, the Sony's pocketability is more desirable than the Fuji's look SOOC.

Has anyone else got problems with the "connections" door on their X10? Mine is still there, but won't close properly, and I'm worried it's going to get ripped off one day. It's STILL my workhorse digital camera...

My X30 one is occasionally a bit of a fiddle to get closed but I usually charge the battery in a charger rather than via USB so don't open it much. Unless you use it a lot, maybe tape it shut.

My X30 one is occasionally a bit of a fiddle to get closed but I usually charge the battery in a charger rather than via USB so don't open it much. Unless you use it a lot, maybe tape it shut.

I don't use it for charging, but for download to my Mac... I suppose I could read from the SD card, since my 2014 Mac still has a SD slot....

IMG_3158.JPG

My X10 has not been working for a while now, I was going to open it up and see if I could fix the problem. The screen does come on with the shooting info and time and date etc. But the screen is totally black and no image can be seen when in shooting mode, I think the little tab that connects to the lens, must have broken. So, even if I did open up the camera, I don't have the replacement part. So I suppose no point in opening it up. Even though it would be interesting to open it up, and see what has gone wrong.

View attachment 290676

My X10 has not been working for a while now, I was going to open it up and see if I could fix the problem. The screen does come on with the shooting info and time and date etc. But the screen is totally black and no image can be seen when in shooting mode, I think the little tab that connects to the lens, must have broken. So, even if I did open up the camera, I don't have the replacement part. So I suppose no point in opening it up. Even though it would be interesting to open it up, and see what has gone wrong.
If you press the green play button, does it show shots on the memory card?

If you press the green play button, does it show shots on the memory card?

Yes it does show old images that were taken from another camera, it also shows time date and shooting info. It just will not show the scene I want to shoot, only a black screen, it also does this in video mode. When I do take a photo, it shows no photo. So I assume the ribbon cable, or whatever it is that connects the lens to the LCD screen is damaged.

I realise I'm a little late to the party but I finally picked up an X30 this week. Really enjoying it so far. Seems a tragedy that there is nothing like this anymore.

Having taken the Sony RX 100 iii as the only camera on a recent holiday (because it slips into a shirt pocket), I am wishing that I'd taken the X 30 instead - I just prefer the colours and handling of the Fuji and would sacrifice the pocketability aspect for those colours.

Gave the X30 a little test drive on an early morning jaunt up High Street. Really do like the handling. Need to get used to a few little quirks though.

Sunrise from High Street by G.A.D, on Flickr

Pratchett checking out Haweswater by G.A.D, on Flickr

Haweswater by G.A.D, on Flickr

A little excercise by G.A.D, on Flickr

Very nice set of images Graham, liking all of these very much.

"Makes me almost want to dig out my X30 again. I currently use an RX100M6 for a little camera and although the image quality is considerably better from the RX its nowhere near as nice to use as the X30"

George.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Finally found a replacement for my old X10, I added an F and got an XF10. Nice neat little camera, very light I can't even feel it in my pocket. Takes great images, it is a little slow, but it makes me slow down and think.

I wonder if the XF10 stuff will go in this thread.:thinking:

Not sure I could live with either the fixed 28mm (35mm equivalent) lens or the lack of OVF of any kind.

IMO, this is the right thread for it - it IS a baby X camera after all!

but its half the fun, isn't it ( he says, agreeing that there are some things i'd definately want nowadays in a camera )

I'd rather have all the fun! I'll stick with the X-30 if I have big pockets and the Sony 100 if I need it to slip into a shirt pocket.

I still have the D3300 and the D90 and also the Canon G7X, all of which give me great images that I like. The Canon G7X is a little heavy and bulky, I notice it in my pocket while out walking. While the Canon G7X is small, the lens is a little obtrusive, and it is obvious to people when you point it at them. I tried photos while on the bus with it and it is obvious I am taking photos. With the XF10 nobody has seemed to have noticed that I have taken their photo. It is just so slim and neat, and the lens does not stick out. So all in all, I am happy with it.

Just spoilt for choice on what film simulation to use, when shooting in Jpeg. Pro neg standard and Classic Chrome do have a nice look to them.

I was half thinking to get a leather case for the little XF10, but it would not nearly be as pocketable. But there again, I think I should spend money on a spare battery instead, as battery drains pretty quickly. Or maybe the battery needs to settle down. I am sure I read somewhere, new batteries deplete pretty quickly, and they settle down after a few charges. Although, I don't remember my G7X battery running down so quick when new.

Just spoilt for choice on what film simulation to use, when shooting in Jpeg. Pro neg standard and Classic Chrome do have a nice look to them.

Have a look here

Have a look here

Thanks, interesting reading. ;)

Back