The Photography Show 2016

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone going next year ? It's not that far away now and was wondering what day would be best to go . I'm just looking at booking the rest of my hols with work so that I can hopefully attend this year .

I'll be going again, and I expect on more than one day but haven't yet decided when.

There will be - both Gitzo & Manfrotto have big stands plus all the independent retailers.

Hello Everyone
I work on the show and am pleased to hear you making your plans to visit the show.
Anyone looking at visiting on more than one day will be pleased to note we have introduced cheaper tickets if you attend more than one day.
The industry have once again been incredibly supportive and the exhibitor list (growing daily) is here: http://www.photographyshow.com/exhibitors
The theme stage will be Wedding and Portrait (we are building a church!) and we have a new turning pro programme on the Saturday. Lots more to be unveiled including the Super Stage line up in January.
Any questions then let me know.
Cheers!

Jonny

Hi Jonny... Is it possible that more than one day people could get a pass like the ones we had last year for the RHS shows in Malvern ie you get it hole punched twice or date stamped twice for the days you decide you want to go once the full programme is published? I did enjoy seeing Mary Ellen Mark; a pity she won't be able to come again. Also, is there any chance that the programmes can be sent out to enable better planning? Thanks

Hi Jonny... Is it possible that more than one day people could get a pass like the ones we had last year for the RHS shows in Malvern ie you get it hole punched twice or date stamped twice for the days you decide you want to go once the full programme is published? I did enjoy seeing Mary Ellen Mark; a pity she won't be able to come again. Also, is there any chance that the programmes can be sent out to enable better planning? Thanks

Hi Chipper
Our ticketing system means you still need to choose the days but you can wait until the super stage programme is released (and we are VERY excited at the line up that is coming together) in January.
The programme can be downloaded but we don't post them out. Look out for the show app though as that is free and has a function on there that allows you to build a personal schedule from all the stages etc.
Hope that helps.
Jonny

Make sure you look at 3 Legged Thing…

They are at the top of my list. I was offered one of these last year at a great price and I've been kicking myself ever since for not buying it.

Living in Cornwall makes getting gear in shops a little difficult. It will be great to be able to try quite a few of the better tripods all in one day.

Hoping to get a few filters as well if anyone has Hitech Firecrest at the right price.

Should this have been a new thread from post 311?

Hello Everyone
I work on the show and am pleased to hear you making your plans to visit the show.
Anyone looking at visiting on more than one day will be pleased to note we have introduced cheaper tickets if you attend more than one day.
The industry have once again been incredibly supportive and the exhibitor list (growing daily) is here: http://www.photographyshow.com/exhibitors
The theme stage will be Wedding and Portrait (we are building a church!) and we have a new turning pro programme on the Saturday. Lots more to be unveiled including the Super Stage line up in January.
Any questions then let me know.
Cheers!

Jonny

One issue I've found is that (stupid me) has totally forgotten which day I purchased a ticket for. None of the confirmation emails I have seem to specify this so how do I work out which day it is?

Seems rather fundamental that the confirmation should include the day for which you've purchased a ticket.

Oh one other thing worth mentioning - as last time, the show clashes with MCM ComicCon. Well worth bringing your camera along just for this some of the outfits are amazing. I didn't bother bringing my camera with me last time but will do next year.

If you email me jonny dot sullens at futurenet dot com your name and email and I will sort out.
Does seem odd as you say - thanks for highlighting.

Oh one other thing worth mentioning - as last time, the show clashes with MCM ComicCon. Well worth bringing your camera along just for this some of the outfits are amazing. I didn't bother bringing my camera with me last time but will do next year.

I would second that. We are also hoping for them to do their parade through the show on Saturday and Sunday afternoon so will let you know if that gets agreed.

If you email me jonny dot sullens at futurenet dot com your name and email and I will sort out.
Does seem odd as you say - thanks for highlighting.

Cheers - done :)

I just had a look, Michael. They are on the Live Stage listings and Behind the Lens listing under what’s on. Haven’t looked in to how you book them yet tho.

Hi again,

I've currently booked a ticket for the Sunday but am considering also attending on the Saturday now. Is there any discount I can get to extend my existing ticket or should I just buy another for the Sat?

I'm tempted to make a weekend of this, with MCM Comiccon being the same weekend I could do a day at each show.

Didn't get there last time, unfortunately, am hoping to try to get there this year...

Be interested to see what's on when the programme is released.

Gawd.... 1997 when I was last there.... Saw the first digital camera system.... What a laught that was back then. Would be great to attend this year tho'

I'm tempted to make a weekend of this, with MCM Comiccon being the same weekend I could do a day at each show.

Much the same here, but both on the Saturday - MCM Comic Con with the priority entry, then the afternoon at the Photography Show.

Much the same here, but both on the Saturday - MCM Comic Con with the priority entry, then the afternoon at the Photography Show.

What's this priority entry thing?

I won't, I'll stop by and say hello.

Excellent.

Actually, the show is the only place I see a few folks, including @digitalfailure
Of all the attractions that the photography show holds for me, catching up with friends is the highlight of the whole event.

Excellent.

Actually, the show is the only place I see a few folks, including @digitalfailure
Of all the attractions that the photography show holds for me, catching up with friends is the highlight of the whole event.
Me too, but I missed seeing @Garry Edwards there last year on the Lencarta stand. I'll pop into the warehouse whilst I'm working close by for a catch up as I'm guessing he won't be at the show again this year.

Me too, but I missed seeing @Garry Edwards there last year on the Lencarta stand. I'll pop into the warehouse whilst I'm working close by for a catch up as I'm guessing he won't be at the show again this year.

He's talking about calling in on one of the days, but it may be much nearer before he decides which day would be best for him.

@JonnyS if we registered and passed vetting as pro in previous years do we have to go through it again this year or will a pass or email turn up like it did last year?

@JonnyS if we registered and passed vetting as pro in previous years do we have to go through it again this year or will a pass or email turn up like it did last year?

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you only get vetted the once.

However, I'm married, and my wife knows everything. According to her, I know nothing :(

Is David Bailey only appearing Saturday? I'd rather not go Sat but if it's the only chance to see him I might have to

Back