The Photography Show 2016

Yep, think that is correct.

No doubt JonnyS from the organisers who posts on here, will be along to validate that view soon.

I can confirm this is the case.

Thinking of going for a couple of days this year in an effort to see a few presentations. Is there a general consensus on the busiest days.

Went on the Monday 2 years ago and it was manic. Tuesday seemed quieter last year.

Out of the two is Saturday or Sunday quieter?

Mr Bailey is perhaps the 'star' on the Sat, although I am sure the demand and queue to talk to the likes of Phil V will much greater. ;)

~I hope the 'former' Bowens lounge will remain a sea of calm like an oasis in the melee of the NEC. The best bit of the show for a quiet chat and catch up.

It is still the Bowens Lounge :) and we have a happy hour from 5-6 on Sat and Sun if you want to meet up over a beer or vino with any of your tp muckers.

Yep, think that is correct.

No doubt JonnyS from the organisers who posts on here, will be along to validate that view soon.

Am I that predictable?! Yes, that is correct. Trade passes are valid all 4 days and enthusiasts are for a specific day. Following forum feedback last year we have added discounts for any enthusiasts who are coming for more than one day. You might be interested to know that 12 enthusiasts have booked for all four days.....

Thinking of going for a couple of days this year in an effort to see a few presentations. Is there a general consensus on the busiest days.

Went on the Monday 2 years ago and it was manic. Tuesday seemed quieter last year.

Out of the two is Saturday or Sunday quieter?

Monday has always been the busiest day (c10,000 visitors) and Tuesday (c6,000 visitors) is always the quietest day.
In 2014 Sunday was busier than Saturday but in 2015 it was the other way round.
I expect that Saturday this year will be busier than Sunday, mainly due to David Bailey.

Anyone going on Saturday might be interested to know that we have the ComicCon parade coming through the show at 2pm. 300+ storm troopers etc
Should be fun!

I have a question. I've booked a ticket to the turning pro masterclass. Just to confirm this is for all the parts, and not just for one part right?

Anyone going from North Oxfordshire on the Saturday? Want to share the cost of fuel and parking?

Lost track of this thread a bit and suddenly it's a week away!!

I'm going on the Sunday - will be there at stupid o'clock for the dawn workshop thingy, assuming it happens, then grab some brekky before the show itself. I've also bought a ticket for ComicCon so I can have a wander around and take some shots of that too. Didn't take my flaming camera with me last year!

Happy to meet up for lunch/snacks if others are about that day?

Lost track of this thread a bit and suddenly it's a week away!!

I'm going on the Sunday - will be there at stupid o'clock for the dawn workshop thingy, assuming it happens, then grab some brekky before the show itself. I've also bought a ticket for ComicCon so I can have a wander around and take some shots of that too. Didn't take my flaming camera with me last year!

Happy to meet up for lunch/snacks if others are about that day?

Whats the dawn work shop thingy?

http://www.capturebirmingham.org/sessions/dawn-over-pendigo-lake/

Not sure what it'll be like but for a fiver I thought I'd take a punt as I'm local so no issue getting there early. Was supposed to have received details from him by now but nothing so far.

You might get something, not bad for a fiver eh. Too early for me, I'm there on the sunday with my wife and daughter, hoping to be fit enough to get round what I want to see by then. (getting over concussion and still wobbly..)

Yeah he said he'd send out details on the 6th but I presumed he's just running a tad late.

I think it's more at the mercy of the weather - if it's totally clouded over then there won't be much to shoot lol :)

Are there any forum meet ups happening? Pardon if I've missed any posts relating to this. I was wondering perhaps if there were set times to meet on each day, say 9:30am by Starbucks outside, 11am, 1pm, 3pm on each day? Near the Bowen's cafe in the far right corner?

Going on Saturday have a list of things I must not buy....:LOL:

Would be good to meet up with fellow TP members if there's a meet up.

Can anyone remember what the food prices were like last year?

Going on Saturday have a list of things I must not buy....:LOL:

Would be good to meet up with fellow TP members if there's a meet up.

Can anyone remember what the food prices were like last year?

Hi there
The prices are slightly better than previous as there is more choice with 6 'pop up' food outlets at the back of the hall as well as the restaurants
We have also asked them to do a meal deal which is here http://www.photographyshow.com/visiting-us/travel-and-hotels.
Enjoy the show!
Jonny

I'll be there on Sat/Sun/Mon. Would always be willing to meet up with others.

Yeah he said he'd send out details on the 6th but I presumed he's just running a tad late.

I think it's more at the mercy of the weather - if it's totally clouded over then there won't be much to shoot lol :)

You should have had something through now I think?

I know it is a bit last minute, but couple of questions. Can you pay on the door? If you can, does it cost more?

If you pay online, do they send you the ticket, or do you print your own ticket out? It is obviously a bit late to get tickets sent out.

And is there anyone driving from Liverpool who would like someone to tag along to share the fuel costs?

The tickets are emailed to you it was cheaper to book in advance (not sure if that has ended now) If you look online there were some discount codes about)

I know it is a bit last minute, but couple of questions. Can you pay on the door? If you can, does it cost more?

If you pay online, do they send you the ticket, or do you print your own ticket out? It is obviously a bit late to get tickets sent out.

And is there anyone driving from Liverpool who would like someone to tag along to share the fuel costs?

Yes. Costs £18 on the door and if you book online when the show is open.
I'd suggest buy online today and you will get an e ticket you an bring with you.

Back