The Pier

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
Ok, after posting my second fave shot of yesterdays outing in this thread, here is my number one fave from the session. I'd already attempted this shot back in April (original here), but think this is an improvement...

...as ever, honest comment and crit most welcomed.

Nothing wrong with that at all and can understand why its your first favourite shot..great composition and subject, basically brill:clap:

I liked the original but this is a league ahead. Very nice indeed mate.

Andy

I remember seeing the original shot and I loved it then. I have to say, this is great too. I prefer the less angles pier frame in this shot and the colour version is actually more tranquil. You have nailed this - the more I look at it the more I like it :clap: You should be well please Lee(y)

Nothing wrong with that at all and can understand why its your first favourite

Cheers Ozzy, and thanks for taking time to comment. :)

I liked the original but this is a league ahead

Excellent, glad you like. I thought so... but I find it so hard to judge my own work. :D

Excellent composition

Thankyou very much. And this time it is uncropped and I managed to get everything fairly symetrical and straight in camera. :)

You have nailed this

Many thanks Sara. You are too kind with your comments. :cool:

a striking image

Cheers Horrocks, and again many thanks for taking time to leave a comment.

Your first take was good but this version, for me is far more distilled down to what's important here. Stronger angles, less detail from the water and simpler lines mean that even with the colour brought back, it's a much more down to basics image and stronger for it.

Last edited:
Back