The Poor Sales person!

B&Q staff where as useless as a chocolate teapot but Screwfix on the other hand were always willing to help and give advise, as were the plumbers merchants and builders merchants. I returned to them time and time again spending near on £6K. B&Q never saw me again.
You do realise that B&Q and Screwfix are effectively the same company operating under different brand names - both part of Kingfisher plc?

Last edited:
You can have different 'retail cultures' under the same umbrella. Go to the Fopp store in London and the staff have more knowledge of music and movies than you are likely to find in the HMV shop up the road. I've come across and then bought some relatively obscure back catalogue stuff from Fopp because some staff member who liked it had chosen to play it over the PA during the evening shift. In the same way, it's nice to go to a camera shop staffed by enthusiastic photographers, rather than box shifters more concerned with flogging extended guarantees.

You do realise that B&Q and Screwfix are effectively the same company operating under different brand names - both part of Kingfisher plc?

Yes, so? Maybe B&Q management should learn from Screwfix Management.

Just because they are the same group doesn’t mean the customer service is the same.

Last edited:
People go to B&Q to shop but to ScrewFix (I prefer Toolstation!) to buy.

Back