THE PP GAME!

thanks Wayne, used to using raw but heres my go anyway
cropped
added new sky
sharpened
adjusted levels (not really sure what im doing so just did it till it looked ok to me lol)
cloned out minor weeds
what do you think?, would have liked to reflect the sky but havent a clue how to at the moment
ppgame.jpg

Good one flying giraffe. I couldn't get detail from the sky, so replacing it seems good to me.

Here's an alternative one. Cropped, high contrast, converted to b/w so that it appears to be a night shot. Not very good methinks :thinking:

QiSCN.jpg

Did paint the sky but didn't do much so swapped it out using layer mask- removed the crane and cables as well.
Boosted the saturation
Removed litter with spot healing brush

Not great but I'm slightly better at pp than I was in 2011- although that doesn't say much:LOL:

Edit3 by Dr_Ozone, on Flickr

Here's one to start.

ppgame.jpg

and the layers.

Boat_Layers.jpg

Joan

Thanks Dr O, nowt like a tidy workflow, it pays dividends in the end.

Has this thread died a death??

Joan

The PP Game?................R.I.P. :(

Will have to be tomorrow afternoon now, I'll have a scratch around.

Fact.........

Ok I'll kick it off.
Crop, noise reduction, curves, dup layer overlay blend mode blured to diffuse slightly, new blended layer given mild hdr, sharpening layer, then vignette layer.

6759828971_c99af25fcb_z.jpg

Here's mine:

Sandy_shores.JPG

Dupicate layer x3 and used a soft erasure to blend them into a more 16:9 format. Cloned out the buoys and the people walking on the sand. Cropped, added saturation, curves and sharpening. Added border and text.

Saturday evening close for this ?

Removed flares
Two curves adjustment layers, one for land and one for sky and masked out unwanted areas
Colour correction adjustment layer to bring more colour into the image and further reduce halo around sun and increase visibility of rays
philyounglandscape.jpg

Oh wow that is a really nice pic!!! I would go there everyday for my happy place!!!(y)

Well, still no interest, what's the problem? Show us your best shots at this,
we can all learn from different approaches.

Well, still no interest, what's the problem? Show us your best shots at this,
we can all learn from different approaches.

I'm happy to participate but this thread takes more time than the other one so with restricted time over the last 3wks I've not had a chance other than a couple of dodgy sketches in the other one. If we can hold off until Sunday I'll fire one in here too as the guys have extended the other one till Sunday.

Of course, I'll caveat that it may not be any good:LOL:

Dr_O said:
I'm happy to participate but this thread takes more time than the other one so with restricted time over the last 3wks I've not had a chance other than a couple of dodgy sketches in the other one. If we can hold off until Sunday I'll fire one in here too as the guys have extended the other one till Sunday.

Of course, I'll caveat that it may not be any good:LOL:

Just join in on the next image.

Good to have you on board :)

Sunday Evening it is then :)

thanks for waiting:)

found some time:

Edit8 by Dr_Ozone, on Flickr

Duplicate background
Removed footprints, litter, buoys- what looked like a boat and a person walking with healing brush
Added a gradient to darken the sky (although it didn't do much:LOL:)
Created an adjustment layer with hue/saturation to give the sky a deeper blue look
Created an adjustment layer with curves to give a deeper red/orange colour to the sand.
Removed some noise
Cropped and added white then black border.

Wasn't really that pleased with adjustment layers- still feel I'm just randomly changing things but I'm sure it will improve:D

Last edited:
Phil Young said:
Here's mine:

Dupicate layer x3 and used a soft erasure to blend them into a more 16:9 format. Cloned out the buoys and the people walking on the sand. Cropped, added saturation, curves and sharpening. Added border and text.

Wow - what a transformation. My pp skills leave much to be admired, so I'll watch and learn from this thread.

I've been tweaking bits of this off and on between other jobs, so don't remember exactly what I've done.

Basically, opened in CS4 RAW, Graduated Filter at around -1.5 to bring out sky detail, boost clarity, twiddle around a bit.

Open in Photoshop, duplicate, run dupe through Noiseware (free version). Re-combine images. Use soft, 65% brush through mask to bring back detail on beach (I wanted to keep the sky smooth - needs more work, really), spot out buoys and so forth, crop, high-pass sharpen (soft light blend). Have dinner. Post.

d45c6440.jpg

Well done Dr O, the winner.... :clap:

here's mine

Aberdyfi_3_Sepia.jpg

and the layers

Aberdyfi_Layers.jpg

Thanks Joan- nice edit BTW

Well I had two for the other comp and chose one so could use the other one as pretty much ready though I'll need to look out the raw if we need that? Might have a quick look for one that is more deserving.
Be back shortly...

Back