The SELECTIVE COLOUR (oh no!) thread

My turn now . . .

Poppy.jpg

This is at the now-disused Folkestone Harbour railway station, it is also nicknamed The Remembrance Branch as that was where thousands of troops got off the train to board the boat to france in The Great war.

Many of them never came home.

Thanks, the Snowdon one was taken after walking to the summit via the Watkin path so worth the effort...I'm guessing this one is the river dee, Chester?

Simon

Yup, on the Dee in Chester took that a few years ago now.

Theres some really great images here!! Selective colouring was one of the first things I learnt in Photoshop, so I thought I'd share one of my first 'colour splash' images!

There's some really great images here!!! Like most of you Coloursplash was one of the first things I learnt on photoshop and here is one of my first attempts at selective colouring! What do you think?

ColourSplash Poppy by TuscanDreams, on Flickr

As a Liverpool Fan, I don't like that i took this Haha! but i think it does look good, what do others think? I took it on my NEX-5N with no edit...

photo by Adam Benko, on Flickr

I think the best advised given to me for creating popped images is to reduce the saturation of the coloured part of the image to complement the rest the image.

Last edited:
This was posted in a regular thread some time ago, found the right home now.
C&C welcome as always, thanks.

9059554124_d257a49135_b.jpg

Back