The TP 52 -2023 The sign up and chat thread Week 52 Your favourite image from 2023

Worse than a snappers choice eh Dave?

I don't mind it. No 'Challenge' though. My :thinking: was more of a "Hmmm.... which one to choose?" :)

Another forum that I've run since 2005 always does a "Dity Dozen" theme where we post our fave 12 from the year. So it will be one of those for sure.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that took the time to comment on my pics this year.

I've been a bit rubbish commenting back over the last couple of months as unfortunately, they've been a bit poo in our household. My wife's mum has been admitted to hospital and doesn't look like she will be coming home.

Very sad time for my wife as she also lost her Dad during Covid.

Here's to a happier end to 2024...

Stats for 2023's 52.

Of the 51 entrants posting a week 1 shot for the 52 this year, 23 will have completed the year.
This is a completion rate of 45.10%, which is the 4th best completion rate that we have records for, only 0.18% behind 2021 and roughly mid point in the total number of completed 52s across the 12 years.

Here's to the cohort of 2024 :)

1704038970503.png

1704038990440.png

(Yes, I am assuming that the last 4 entries will come in, but I'm pretty confident that they will given the theme :) )

I did it! I didn't do all the techs though but I think I only missed one. That's my second completion -- 2021 and now 2023 -- so as long as I can get my little medical problem sorted early this year, I shall soldier on for 2024.

I didn’t do the last 2 techs, with the weather and other commitments I only just made some of the weekly challenges however I am looking forward to 2024 and completing, hopefully my third in a row

I did a few 52's many years ago and TBH I haven't followed that closely since and really not dipped into the images thread at all this year. I just had a look through and there are loads of great photos in there, well done all (y)

@Cobra. @ShinySideUp Donut in the Shopping Isle (Gotcha Martin ;) )

@Mark65 Nice evocative Christmas photo, but I'm afraid that this should really be posted in either the photos for fun sub forum, or in a personal projects thread, rather than being added to the last week of the 52 for 2023 challenge thread. However, if you're up for taking a photo once a week for a set theme, please consider joining in for 2024 ( https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/the-sign-up-and-chat-thread-2024.754855/ ). One photo a week. Easy right? :)
@Cobra https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...favourite-image-from-2023.744024/post-9429902

Last edited:
Ok
All 52 upped and linked
Might have missed a few techniques :) ahhh well

Happy New Year from the Netherlands (35minutes of fireworks so far)
Well that'll teach me to assume and do the stats early won't it :D:D:D:D
I'll update the stats again once the last (3 I think now) have posted, but looking like Vince has shuffled 2023 into being the 3rd best year for percentage of starters completing the 52 into 3rd place over the past 12 years. Well done everyone :)

• Haha
Reactions: LC2
...and @DB5 is now over the line too, so that's a wrap for 2023, well done folks.

24 finishers out of 59 who signed up and 51 who actually started posting.
This gives us a completion rate of 47.06%, which is the third best that we have records for (back to 2012).
A total of 1689 images were posted for the 52 this year.

As promised, the final updated stats for 2023 look like:
1704194511481.png
1704194525481.png

Here's to the 2024 Challenge !

As promised, the final updated stats for 2023 look like:

Here's to the 2024 Challenge !
Nice one Tim (y)
I guess that's time to let 2023 drop and bump up 2024

@LC2 - Not that it really matters, but I appear to be missing the wide-angle tech.

The widest angle I had available was 24mm, so that's what I claimed.

On this shot:

Thanks in advance...
Fixed it for you now :)
I know I do miss a few, so thanks for spotting it.

However, not my fault this time ;)
I don't check every individual thread, I work from the main thread.
1704214410498.png
:exit:

Ah OK - good to know.

I put the + TECH bit in my title thread for the week as I *thought* you worked from there.
Ah no. That would be pretty difficult to keep track of :) Although I will often check the personal threads if something looks odd, like a single gap when everything else has been completed.

As an aside, cell AF1 is the tracker that Ali & I use to know where we've updated to from the main thread if you ever want to know how up to date the scrolls are.

Ah no. That would be pretty difficult to keep track of
And I've been telling people to put Technique xxx in the title for years.
I too thought that was how you worked it.

Well it is, but from the main thread image title, not the personal threads :)
Ah OK I miss read Kell's post.

That's what I meant and have been saying, on the home page.

Back