The Slimming Thread 2010

I had a bit of a shock the other day. I have been exercising and having personal training every week and got to the point where my old trousers would not stay up even with my belt! so I popped along to M&S and came out having to buy jeans 2 waist sizes smaller than before! Woo! My trouser size is under 40" for the first time since university!

I had a bit of a shock the other day. I have been exercising and having personal training every week and got to the point where my old trousers would not stay up even with my belt! so I popped along to M&S and came out having to buy jeans 2 waist sizes smaller than before! Woo! My trouser size is under 40" for the first time since university!

Well done! What a pleasant surprise :D

Today's gym session was more successful, having eaten beforehand. I was in there for over an hour, used almost every machine. Spent some time on the free weights and overall had a lovely time :D

I learned that the shower has a neat feature where you can adjust it between cold and bloody freezing! :naughty:

I'm 16 and 11.6st

I probably have an addiction to pepsi too, I chain drink, so once I finish one can its up from the computer to the fridge to get another which is a pretty vicious cycle. I had one today, but from now on I'm not going to drink any and substitute it for water.

I walked around London for five hours today which is a good start, I'm walking back from a lunch with friends (I'm having a grilled chicken sandwich with mixed leaves), walking around London again on Friday and I've got a five day pass for the gym next week.

Hmm so since then I started college and so far I've joined the gym there (induction on tuesday :D) and, very conveniently, my lessons are on the top floor and the canteen is on the bottom floor so every break I walk down there. I'm starting to notice the results already as I'm less tired when I get to the third floor now!

Jumping on the bandwagon. :wave:

My weakness is beer, and I have the gut to prove it. For the past few weeks I've cut down on it massively (apart from on the Dales TP meet :D ), and also started jogging three mornings a week before work.

I've not been weighing myself, preferring to gauge my progress by being able to fit into clothes that I've not squeezed into for years. I'm getting there. :)

Nice to see everyone else's progress. (y)

Not posted here in a while.

It isn't going 'bad'. I've been on the verge of breaking the 2 stone mark for about a fortnight but it doesn't seem to be shifting. (26lbs lost in about 3 months).

Admittedly though the calorie counting has stopped for a while as I just started Uni and am also taking care of my Post-Op mum.

Positive attitude however as my 1month Gym membership ran out and I decided to join permanently for a year :D Also joined a Scuba diving club at Uni. So when I get into some kind of weekly routine I should start making progress again.

Hope everyone else is making progress ;)

Steven.

Give me a shout, if anyone needs help.

Im a nutritionist and i work with bodybuilders, so i have quite a range of clients.

I'd be happy to help/advise where i can.

I haven't contributed to this thread before but have managed to lose 3.5 stone in the last six months - that is almost the weight of a sack of spuds and I can't believe I was carrying that extra weight. Physically I feel so much better and have more energy however it has cost me a fortune in clothes!

I haven't contributed to this thread before but have managed to lose 3.5 stone in the last six months - that is almost the weight of a sack of spuds and I can't believe I was carrying that extra weight. Physically I feel so much better and have more energy however it has cost me a fortune in clothes!

Nice one Colin :)

I am determined to lose weight this year! Always half arsed done it before because I thought I should...this year is the first time I have felt I actually wanted too :) Will see how it goes.

Hi all, just had a look through this thread, wasn't involved in 2010, but New Year new beginnings and all that! We all must have something we can improve on. I know I do.

Anyway I have started a new thread for this year and hope we can all progress together!!

2011 Thread!!

Back