The Talk Photography Fantasy Football League 2018/19

Wow, :eek: quite a bad week for me. :( 42 points, (the average for the week was 55) after using my 'free hit' option to make 6 changes, I ended up with less points than if I had left it as it was (about 81). :( :rolleyes: I could have got 42 points just for Salah as my Captain if I hadn't changed him. :banghead: :LOL:

Anyway, Pink Chicken AFC stay in 1st place, and their 1 point lead over Sicknote XI has been stretched to 29 point lead over Banished to Riyadh, as Sicknote XI had a worse week than me, (25 points) and dropped from 2nd to 5th. :eek: Still three places in front of me though. ;) Btw, close for 2nd place with 1 point between 2nd (Banished to Riyadh) and 3rd (Amber Army). :) And I have Steve's Strollers 1 point behind me too. :eek: :D

Highest points of the week were horspath hounds with 95 points. :clap:

Gameweek 16 table
upload_2018-12-13_0-40-43.jpeg

Toronto Toffees go three points clear at the top (33 points) of the Head2Head League after winning their H2H with DTFC Snapper 91 - 42. :clap: Banished to Riyadh join Woodys wonders FC on 30 points, but go into 2nd place on overall points scored. 3rd (Woodys wonders FC) and 4th (Amber Army) go H2H, and if Amber Army win, because of their superior overall points total, would go 3rd, and potentially 2nd depending on Banished to Riyadh's H2H result and overall points total. ;)

Gameweek 16 scores and Gameweek 17 fixtures
upload_2018-12-13_0-56-41.jpeg

Gameweek 16 H2H table
upload_2018-12-13_0-57-36.jpeg

Happy with my score apart from removing Salah as captain for a wolves player who got 1 point lol. 20 points dropped :(.

Although I’m not going to put him back and hopefully he will do the same at the weekend.

Aw crap, I forgot we had a league on TP. It's too late for me to join (I would have been in with no chance anyway) but can someone post the standings? I'd love to see how others are getting on :)

Ignore me, missed the post TWO POSTS ABOVE!!
Doh! :)

Ignore me, missed the post TWO POSTS ABOVE!!
Doh! :)

There's been an update since, sadly for me, as I sank further to 9th :( I tould my lads to lay off the cake until New year's! :D

Redhead will do the official update I'm sure but here's a quick and dirty c&p

The Talk Photography League
1 Pink Chicken AFC
wayne C
41 982
2 Banished to Riyadh
Chris .
55 967
3 TorontoToffees
Darren Siddorn
47 946
4 Amber Army
Andrea Thrussell
33 944
5 Sicknote XI
Nick Watson
34 901
6 Steve's Strollers
steve scudds
62 895
7 Woodys wonders FC
Allan Howe
24 884
8 The Chosen Ones
redhed 17
43 873
9 The Cagey Ones
Keith Gaule
36 872
10 dods duffers
George Michie
53 856
11 horspath hounds
brian ockenden
43 853
12 11 Men in Plight
Andrew Macbeth
42 843
13 DTFC Snapper
phillip standfield
40 841
14 Marc's Marauders
Marc Falber
41 819
15 Penfold's Dangermice
Len Brook
72 811
16 ChickenTikkaMoSallah
Thomas Macintosh
43 804
17 Mrs Smiths Boys
Yvette Smith
50 783
18 VILLAREAL
Steve Whitfield
56 782
19 Cockney Toffees
Phil Fiddes
35 754

Another low scoring weeks overall, with only four getting more than the 43 point average for the week. I at least matched the average of 43. :rolleyes:

The top two stay the same, Pink Chicken AFC (1st) and Banished to Riyadh (2nd), Toronto Toffees pass Amber Army in to 3rd place by just two points. I just about keep my 8th place by just one point. :eek: :LOL:

Gameweek 17 table
upload_2018-12-18_18-29-20.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-18_18-27-25.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-18_18-27-25.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 6
In the Head 2 Head league, the top two, Toronto Toffees and Banished to Riyadh both lost their Head 2 Heads, but stay at the top. ;) The top two stay on 30 points with Woodys wonders FC, but Amber Army move into 3rd place, also on 30 points, by getting the better of Woodys wonders FC in their Head 2 Head. I lost my 5th place to Steve's Strollers. :( :rolleyes:

Gameweek 17 scores and Gameweek 18 fixtures
upload_2018-12-18_19-3-41.jpeg

Gameweek 17 H2H table
upload_2018-12-18_19-4-36.jpeg

Last edited:
Aw crap, I forgot we had a league on TP. It's too late for me to join (I would have been in with no chance anyway) but can someone post the standings? I'd love to see how others are getting on :)
It is a touch late Marcel. If only it were a sticky to draw people's attention to it. ;)

Just as an aside, how often do you look at these forums to miss this thread! :thinking: :LOL:

If we go again next season, hopefully you will see it in time. ;)

Jalf way through the season and Pink Chicken AFC stay in 1st place. but Amber Army jump two places into joint 2nd with Banished to Riyadh on equal points.

Don't forget the games on Boxing Day this week. Deadline for changes 11.30 on the 26th. ;)

I got 62 points when the average for the week was 55. :D First time significantly past the average in a awhile for me. :banana: Enough to keep me in 8th place, and stop the drop down the league for now at least. :LOL: I had 31 of those points from the Wolves v Liverpool game on Friday night. :eek: Thank you Mo Salah for 24 of them. :clap:

Most points for this week was horspath hounds with 78 points. :clap:

dod's duffers living up to the name this week at least with only Robertson (6 points) getting above 2 points, and a couple of players -1 for 19 points in total. :eek:

Gameweek 18 table
upload_2018-12-24_21-45-16.jpeg

There was actually a draw this week, :eek: a high scoring draw too with DTFC Snapper (70) v (70) Steve's Strollers.

Toronto Toffees drop to 3rd place in the Head 2 Head League, as they are joined on 33 points by Amber Army and Banished to Riyadh, with the former in 1st place, though that may be alphabetically as they have the same accumulated overall points.

Amber Army beat me this week for their 3 points to go top too. :( :rolleyes:

Gameweek 18 scores and Gameweek 19 fixtures
upload_2018-12-24_22-12-3.jpeg

Gameweek 18 H2H table
upload_2018-12-24_22-18-37.jpeg

No change at the top, and Pink Chicken AFC remain in 1st place. The joint 2nd place has been decided for now with Banished to Riyadh getting more points than Amber Army, who move into 3rd place.

Ooh, I had a very good gameweek, gaining 82 points (highest in our league :D) compared to the average of 59. :) That was enough to gain me one place to 7th. :) Biggest surprise was 1 point for my Man City defender, but I could live with that every week. ;) :LOL: Fingers crossed my squad do as well as this gameweek.

Fyi, cut off to make changes is 2pm on 29/12/18 as there is no early game.

Gameweek 19 table
upload_2018-12-28_19-15-9.jpeg

Last edited:
The three way tie on points at the top of the Head 2 Head is now a two way tie, with Banished to Riyadh and Amber Army winning their respective H2H's, with the former only ahead by 10 overall accumulated points. Very close. ;) There is a chance that either one could go ahead this week as Banished to Riyadh and Amber Army go H2H. :eek: Unless it is a draw of course. :D

My H2H win against Toronto Toffees stopped them staying with the leaders, but more importantly let me move from 8th to 6th. :)

Gameweek 19 scores and Gameweek 20 fixtures
upload_2018-12-28_19-29-41.jpeg

Gameweek 19 H2H table
upload_2018-12-28_19-33-10.jpeg

Pink Chicken AFC stay at the top, and slightly increase their points difference ahead of Banished to Riyadh. In fact the top seven remain the same, but horspath hounds jump three places from 11th to 8th, just 5 points behind me in 7th with 72 points for the week. :eek: ;)

The average for the week was 50 points, sadly after last weeks aberration (of 82 for me :D), I got less than the average with 45 points, despite Mo Salah getting me another 24 points all on his own. :eek: :clap: Highest points for the week was VILLAREAL with 74 points. There seems to be a lot of people below the average. Not sure if Arsenal and Spurs results messed a lot up. :confused::thinking:

Deadline for making changes in 11.30 on New Year's Day for anyone in a fit state between now and then. ;) :LOL:

Happy New Year everyone. :)

Gameweek 20 table
upload_2018-12-31_21-18-32.jpeg

Banished to Riyadh take top spot alone after beating (2nd placed) Amber Army (58 - 49) in their Head 2 Head. :clap:

I lost my H2H with 11 Men in Plight (49 - 45) :clap: and dropped three places to 9th. :eek: :( :LOL:

The closest game was DTFC Snapper (35) - (36) Woodys wonders FC. :eek: Not quite the draw of last week, but as close as... ;)

Gameweek 20 scores and Gameweek 21 fixtures
upload_2018-12-31_21-40-52.jpeg

Gameweek 20 H2H table
upload_2018-12-31_21-41-41.jpeg

Bouncing up and down like a yo-yo on this, let's see how my wildcard goes this weekend

Yes. Won't make any difference other than you have an extra week to the deadline.

Knowing me half my wild card picks will get injured in training now :rolleyes: it'll at least mess up the perfect £0m bank balance I managed :D

Last edited:
Knowing me half my wild card picks will get injured in training now :rolleyes: it'll at least mess up the perfect £0m bank balance I managed :D
From what I remember of the wildcard, you can make as many changes in the gameweek as you want so you can keep adjusting the team up to the deadline next week so if someone gets injured you can swap them out. Be worth checking before you do it though.

From what I remember of the wildcard, you can make as many changes in the gameweek as you want so you can keep adjusting the team up to the deadline next week so if someone gets injured you can swap them out. Be worth checking before you do it though.

Cool, I'll check again during the week see if I can make changes if any injuries

Apologies, a bit late with the update, but with the FA Cup this weekend there was no hurry. ;)

Pink Chicken AFC stay in 1st place and extend their lead at the top to 32 points from 20 the previous week , but changes in the rest of the top four as Banished to Riyadh had a bad week in comparison to Amber Army and Toronto Toffees and drop below those two into 4th place from 2nd. :eek:

Highest points for the week, when the average points for the week was 54, was ChickenTikkaMoSalah with 86 points. :clap:

I had a very bad week again, :( with only 41 points. With The Cagey Ones and Woodys wonders FC both having very good weeks, I drop from 7th - 9th as they both go past me. :( :rolleyes:

I'm contemplating using the 2nd Wildcard)which is now available if you used one in the first half of the season) :thinking: to make a lot of changes in an attempt to change the trip down the league with poor results.

Gameweek 21 table
upload_2019-1-8_0-14-11.jpeg

Last edited:
Amber Army won a very close H2H (51-59) against 11 Men in Plight to match the total points of Banished to Riyadh (39), but go into 1st place on total accumulated points. :clap:

After an amazing start, I have now lost more H2H's than I have won, including this gameweek against Marc's Marauders. :( :rolleyes:

Gameweek 21 scores and Gameweek 22 fixtures
upload_2019-1-8_0-46-34.jpeg

Gameweek 21 H2H table
upload_2019-1-8_0-47-21.jpeg

No change at the top this week as Pink Chicken AFC stay in the lead, and indeed slightly increased their lead by getting the most points of anyone in the league with 71. :clap: After a poor week last time, Banished to Riyadh had more points than Toronto Toffees to move past into 3rd place behind Amber Army in 2nd, and of course Pink Chicken AFC in 1st.

I myself had a very good week after using the 2nd Wildcard to make 9 changes to my squad, and got 69 points compared to the average of 49. :) One of the changes I made was Son of Spurs, whom I panicked about after making the transfer as he came up red, as if he were not playing, :eek: but apparently he will be away on international duty with South Korea possibly up till the 10th Feb. :rolleyes: So that is one transfer I may have to to, and also change Alexander-Armstrong who could be out for at least a month. :banghead: So with one free transfer available to me, I may be 4 points down for a second transfer. Decisions decisions. ;)

Gameweek 22 table
TP League GW 22.jpg

Me winning a close H2H (69-67) with Banished to Riyadh stopped them keeping pace with Amber Army, who won their H2H with VILLAREAL, and who go three points clear at the top. :clap: My H2H win enabled me to jump two places from 9th to 7th. :) Still 9 points behind Amber Army in 1st place. :( :LOL:

Gameweek 22 scores and Gameweek 23 fixtures
TP H2H League GW Res-Fix 22+23.jpg

Gameweek 22 H2H table
TP H2H League GW 22.jpg

Last edited:
Happy with that score, made a couple of changes this week so I’ll be interested to see what effect that has.

Another big scoring week for Pink Chicken AFC (2nd week in a row highest scorer:clap:) sees them extend their lead at the top ahead of Amber Army and Banished to Riyadh. 84 points :oops: :$ was a very good week, and five points ahead of the next highest scorer, horspath hounds (79). That enabled horspath hounds to jump from 9th > 6th place. :clap:

I had a good week with 63 points, when the average for the week was 53, and moved from 8th > 7th. :) After having Son of Spurs in my big change before last week, I had to change him as he has gone away for the Asian Cup. Thankfully I chose Pogba to replace him to take advantage of Utd's form atm. It worked out. ;)

Gameweek 23 table
1548098358474.jpeg

Last edited:
The top four teams won their Head 2 Heads, (Amber Army, Banished to Riyadh, TorontoToffeesand ChickenTikkaMoSalah) but Amber Army stay clear at the top.:clap:

My H2H win against Steve's Stroller's (63 - 43), the first for quite awhile, enabled me to move ahead of them and Woodys wonders FC and jump from 7th to 5th. Still nine points behind Amber Army though. :rolleyes:

Gameweek 23 scores and Gameweek 24 fixtures
1548099951129.jpeg

Gameweek 23 H2H table
1548100025388.jpeg

Another good week, my 2 changes worked out for this week at least, only dropped points were putting Etheridge in for Ederson, which cost 4 points. They are quite even so normally isn’t much between them.

No changes in position for the top ten places in the league this week, though as Wayne says above, his team Pink Chicken AFC had a poor week, (41 when the average was 42) especially in comparison to to Amber Army in 2nd place who got 67 points (the most points of the week :clap:). And so the points difference between them has closed a bit.

I was slightly above the average with 49 points, which was enough to keep me in 7th place, and draw closer to (4 points behind ;)) horspath hounds in 6th.

Deadline for changes this week is 11:30, 02/02/19.

Gameweek 24 table
1549042935971.jpeg

Amber Army increased their lead at the top of the H2H League as they won their H2H (63 - 50) against TorontoToffees, and the teams in places 2-4, Banished to Riyadh (2nd) TorontoToffees (3rd), and ChickenTikkaMoSalah (4th) all lost their H2H's. :oops: :$ :rolleyes:

I lost a very close H2H against Mrs Smiths Boys (50 - 49), and because Woodys wonders FC and Steve's Strollers won their H2H's, they pass me in 5th and 6th repectively, and me down into 7th again. :( :LOL:

Woodys wonders FC and Steve's Strollers go H2H this week, so there could be a change in positions. ;)

Gameweek 24 scores and Gameweek 25 fixtures
1549047029575.jpeg

Gameweek 24 H2H table
1549047143271.jpeg

Really wish I'd just left my team alone a few weeks back, I do much worse every time I make some changes and I've made quite a few over the last few sessions ... eurgh, slipped down to 10th

No change at the top again this week, as Pink Chicken AFC (64 points) stay on top, and slightly increase their lead over Amber Army (52 points) to 37 points.

A change in 3rd place as TorontoToffees (95 points) leapfrog Banished to Riyadh (77 points), but there is only 5 points difference between them. 95 points was very good, but the highest points for the week was 102 by horspath hounds, with 38 points just for Aguero! :oops: :$ :clap:

I had quite a poor week with 58 points, when the average for the week was 65. :( :rolleyes: A good week by Steve's Strollers (74) sees them now have the same points as me, but somehow I am showing as staying in 7th place. Woodys wonders FC are only 2 points behind the both of us. :oops: :$ :LOL:

Deadline for changes this week is 11:30, 09/02/19.

Gameweek 25 table
1549588372233.jpeg

Last edited:
In the Head2Head League the top two, Amber Army and Banished to Riyadh stay in 1st and 2nd, with AA still having the 6 point cushion, but ChickenTikkaMoSalah move into 3rd place by beating me (72-58 :(). The previous 3rd placed TorontoToffees were very unlucky to get 95 points, but lose their H2H with horspath hounds who got 105 points. :oops: :$

VILLAREAL beat 11 Men in Plight in a one point H2H game 56 - 55 in the closest match up of the week. :oops: :$

I dropped two places to 9th with my H2H defeat. :( :rolleyes: :LOL:

Gameweek 25 scores and Gameweek 26 fixtures
1549589193995.jpeg

Gameweek 25 H2H table
1549589244823.jpeg

Apologies, a bit of a delay again because of the FA Cup and no league games.

The top two stay the same, Pink Chicken AFC and Amber Army, but there is a new team in 3rd, Sicknote XI, who moved up two places from 5th to 3rd, as TorontoToffees drop from 3rd to 5th. Banished to Riyadh stay in 4th place. Woodys wonders FC had the most points of the week with 84, when the average was 57. :clap:

I just about beat the average with 60 points, but dropped one place to 8th as Woodys wonders FC jumped above me into 7th with their huge score. :rolleyes: :LOL:

There are two games on Friday night, so the deadline for changes this week is Feb 22nd 18:45.

Gameweek 26 table
1550617745863.jpeg

Leader Amber Army lost their Head 2 Head against Marc's Marauders 63 - 58, which allowed Banished to Riyadh and ChickenTikakMoSalah to draw to only 3 points behind, as they both won their H2H's.

Notable score was the palindromic, though not close result of Penfold's Dangermice 47 -74 ChickenTikakMoSalah. :oops: :$ :LOL: And the closest H2H was the 3 point difference between 11 Men in Plight and TorrntoToffees 45 - 48.

Not only did I lose my 7th place in the main TP league to Woodys wonders FC. but they also thumped me 84 - 60 in our Head 2 Head, :oops: :$ :LOL: and stay in 9th place.

Gameweek 26 scores and Gameweek 27 fixtures
1550619890833.jpeg

Gameweek 26 H2H table
1550619956645.jpeg

Back