The Talk Photography Fantasy Football League 2018/19

If there is a choice between Aguero and Sterling it would be Aguero every day of the week. Guardiola seems to have got over leaving Aguero out as much as he did in the beginning when he arrived there. He realised he = goals. [emoji6]

I usually would have done but Sterling was looking good for points as well and I was hoping to maybe catch up a few points against teams without him :banghead:.with KDB coming back as well the choices that Pep has in midfield is pretty staggering. May wait a week and keep two transfers available to swap them over. Will have to keep an eye on it.

Totally average week for me, as I got 43 points which is the average for the week. :rolleyes: I went down a place because of it. Everyone seemed quite low, did everyone have Hazard as Captain! ;) :LOL: The Amber Army got 70 points, highest by far and jumped from 7th to 3rd. :clap:

Pink Chicken AFC still top the table, but lost a few points to those behind. ;)

upload_2018-10-23_17-36-11.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-23_17-26-49.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-23_17-26-49.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 6
I'm generally happy with my week tbh, after transfering Salah out (thought he would struggle for a couple more weeks) and making Kane captain, because they looked to have an easy game on paper.
it's much better than it could have been.

Huge week for Banished to Riyadh (91) and Amber Army (84), :eek: :clap: when the average was 58 points. Banished to Riyadh are now on equal points with Pink Chicken AFC with Amber Army just 5 points behind in third. :clap:

I was dropping places until the the final adjustments kicked in and my Captain (Hazard) was thankfully replaced with Salah who was my Vice Captain, and went from 15 points to 30 points :) with the doubling of the Captain's points, getting me up to 68 points. I also had all my subs used as 2 other players with Hazard didn't play, luckily they all played and got a few points.

The Talk Photography League Gameweek 10.
upload_2018-10-30_18-46-9.jpeg

I won my H2H with Steve's Strollers, and Banished to Riyadh won the H2H with whoever was they were up against ;) (11 Men in Plight) as they were the highest scoring team with 91 points, and so we both have 21 point at the top of the league, though me still behind on accumultaed weekly points. :( :LOL: Mrs Smiths Boy for me next week, who I would have beaten me if we had met this week. Hopefully next week will be different. ;)

Here are the Gameweek 10 scores and Game week 11 fixtures.
upload_2018-10-30_19-7-14.jpeg

The Gameweek 10 standings
upload_2018-10-30_19-3-20.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-30_19-2-38.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-30_19-2-38.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 2
Massive week for a couple at the top, I did see I was around 20 points back on Sunday, I put Robertson as captain, hazard didn’t play either, just happy to still be top. I can see me dropping now, got some tough weeks coming up for most of my players.

A few lucky weeks for me, but it is just as easy to go down as it is up. Having three Bournemouth players has helped recently too :banana:

Bournemouth are having a purple (maroon ;)) patch. Hopefully it carries on, as I like the way they try to play football.

I remember going to see Bournemouth when I was a boy. Standing on the terraces in the rain when they were in division 3 or 4 as it was then. Times have certainly changed!

Just goes to show what one good week can do. I feel I'd be doing a bit better if I actually followed the Prem like I used to, now I have no idea who's hot or not, well not at the same level I used to. I'm hangin' in ok though considering I started a week late :)

An inspired transfer this week. Brought Richarlison in and made him captain, 24 points with hopefully some bonus points to come. 33 points from 4 players so far so could be a good week for me at last.

I wasn't far wrong, kind of embarrassing when one player makes up half of your points for the week! I'd be well down without Aguero as my captain overall

We have a new leader at the top of the league! :eek: Amber Army take top spot with 72 points for the week, and leads by 6 points. :clap: Most points for the week were dods duffers (84). I got 60 points for the week when the average was 49, mainly thanks to Aguero (26), but moved down a place to 6th. :rolleyes:

Here is the TP league table for gameweek 11
upload_2018-11-5_22-23-26.jpeg

Not sure what is happening with the Head 2 Head league, because the league standings have not updated. :thinking:

Another win for me in my H2H though, :) this time against Mrs Smiths Boys, (60 - 46). If the league had updated I would be three points clear as Banished to Riyadh lost against VILLAREAL, (61 - 36). But if it is not a bug, and week 10 was indeed the final standings, then Banished to Riyadh will have won the H2H league on cumulative weekly scores, though we had the same points. ;)

Here are the Gameweek 11 scores and Game week 12 fixtures.
upload_2018-11-5_22-40-3.jpeg

Very good week for Amber army, I made Salah captain again which cost me. Might look at putting one of my “lesser” players as captain as they are the ones getting good points normally for me.

The reason for the H2H league not updating was last night was because there was still another game to be played, :rolleyes: so the league standings for this week will be updated later. As will the H2H league.

I thought that all the games had been played because there were European games this week. Doh! :rolleyes: I don't think that final game will have changed many scores and placings too much, but like I said, I will update later tonight, as I can't do that in work. :)

Bench points will have been issued today, only 1 for me though. Still, 75 points is my best haul for a long while. If only I'd thought to play my triple captain.

We have a new leader at the top of the league! :eek: Amber Army take top spot with 72 points for the week, and leads by 6 points. :clap: Most points for the week were dods duffers (84). I got 60 points for the week when the average was 49, mainly thanks to Aguero (26), but moved down a place to 6th. :rolleyes:

I was tempted to dip into the transfer market with two free transfers in hand, but stuck with them for another week and it paid off. After a couple of weeks where my defenders have done really well, this week Richarlison was my hero along with Aguero, although Pickford had a quiet week after saving penalties in the previous two! I might tweak the team a bit this weekend though.

Well after my boo boo of not realising that there was still a game to play, :oops: :$ here is the up to date table for Gameweek 11. After adding the last games points the biggest beneficiary was Mrs Smiths Boys who went from 50 points and last place on Sunday to 67 points after the last game, and up two places off the bottom to 17th. :clap: Amber Army stay in top spot with a six point lead. :)

(Final ;)) Gameweek 11 table
upload_2018-11-6_22-56-17.jpeg

Because of the points being added from the final game of the week my win against Mrs Smiths Boys turned into a loss with the 60 - 46 winning score turning into a 60 - 63 losing score. :eek: :( :rolleyes: :LOL: What that does mean though is that there are now three teams with 24 points at the top with Toronto Toffees taking top spot with total game points ahead of Banished to Riyadh and myself. 4 teams 6 points behind on 18 points. All to play for. :)

Here are the (Final) Gameweek 11 scores and Gameweek 12 fixtures.
upload_2018-11-6_23-5-9.jpeg

TP H2H League table Gameweek 11
upload_2018-11-6_23-6-26.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-6_23-2-11.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-6_23-2-11.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 6
Is it to late to join?

And should I, if I know it'll send me straight to the top
Unfortunately it is too late to join. I think I cut new entries at week 4 or 5, as someone joined a few weeks in and went straight to the top, which was fine at the time, because I didn't realise people would bring their points from previous game weeks, and so potentially, like you could go straight to the top. :eek: Lesson learned, :rolleyes: so I locked it to new entries.

If I run it again next season, you are more than welcome, but the cut off will after the 2nd game week. ;)

Straight to the top and starting to slide now lol, big points loss on the leader this week.

Sorry for the slow update this week, but life got in the way, and with the internationals, no real hurry. ;) :rolleyes:

Well all stays the same at the top two but with Amber Army increasing the lead from 6 pints to 21 ahead of Pink Chicken AFC. :clap: Banished to Riyadh and Toronto Toffees swap places in 3rd and 4th.

Highest points for the week were Amber Army, which goes some way to explaining the lead at the top widening. ;) I got 54 points when the average for the week was 48. Enough to keep me in 6th place. :)

Btw, no early games next week so you have until 14.00 on 24th to make your changes.

Gameweek 12 table
upload_2018-11-17_14-56-1.jpeg

Last edited:
There seemed to be a lot more close Head 2 Heads this week. Thankfully I won my H2H with ChickenTikkaMoSallah. :)But Banished to Riyadh also won, :( :LOL: who takes top spot from last weeks leaders Toronto Toffees who lost a close H2H with horspath hounds, and drops to 3rd place three points behind, and I go 2nd. :)

Gameweek 12 scores and Gameweek 13 fixtures.
upload_2018-11-17_15-6-23.jpeg

TP H2H League table Gameweek 12
upload_2018-11-17_15-7-22.jpeg

A bit late again, sorry, :oops: :$ but I should get in before the next round starts at 7pm. ;)

The top two remain the same, well done Amber Army (1st) and Pink Chicken AFC (2nd), but in with a bullet into 3rd place, with a whopping 99 points for the week comes Sicknote XI. :eek: :clap: The average points for the week was 50 (I got 48 :() so to get almost double of that takes some doing. Next highest points was DTFC Snapper with 66. Sicknote XI leap frogging a lot of people pushes me down to 7th. :(

Gameweek 13 table
upload_2018-11-30_18-31-18.jpeg

And so the TP H2H league. I lost my H2H with Woodys wonders FC by 5 points, :( and puts them just 3 points behind me in the table. Banished to Riyadh also lost against DTFC Snapper, but Toronto Toffees beat 11 Men in Plight to get up to 27 points in the league with Banished to Riyadh (1st) Toronto Toffees (2nd) and myself in 3rd.

Gameweek 13 scores and Gameweek 14 fixtures.
upload_2018-11-30_18-42-17.jpeg

TP H2H League table Gameweek 13
upload_2018-11-30_18-42-55.jpeg

Early post with Gameweek 14, as Gameweek 15 starts tomorrow. Deadline for changes is 18:45 04/12/18.

Bit of a low scoring week overall compared to last week I think. Maybe the top players people may have used as Captain's, Aguero, and Salah would have been disappointed. I got 48, the same as last week, :rolleyes: and the average was 49. Highest was Steve's Strollers though with 82! :eek: :clap: Biggest mover was Woodys wonders FC who jumped 2 places into 4th position. :clap: I kept my 7th place but I'm getting caught slowly. :( :rolleyes:

Gameweek 14 table
upload_2018-12-3_22-8-31.jpeg

The top three (including myself) in the Head 2 Head League all lost their H2H games. :eek: Woodys wonders FC join Banished to Riyadh, Toronto Toffees and myself on 27 points by winning their H2H. And the top for in that order too, so Woodys wonders FC have jumped to the top of the league. :clap:

Toronto Toffees and Banished to Riyadh go H2H for Gameweek 15, so there will probably be changes there.

Gameweek 14 scores and Gameweek 15 fixtures.
upload_2018-12-3_22-23-29.jpeg

TP H2H League table Gameweek 14
upload_2018-12-3_22-24-21.jpeg

Another good week for Sicknote this week, big gains on the top 2.

Another poor week for me, 41 points when the average 45 points. :( :rolleyes: It seems the scores were low for a lot of people. Highest was DTFC Snapper though with 77 points. :clap:

A change at the top as the Amber Army were a victim of a low scoring week, with Pink Chicken AFC and Sicknote XI passing the Amber Army into 1st and 2nd place respectively. :clap: Thankfully I didn't fall any further and stayed in 7th place for now. I had a lot of players out and ended up with one in the team who didn't play, and so had aero points. May be time for a big reshuffle. :thinking:

11:30 is the cut off for changes tomorrow, 08/12/18, as there is an early game at 12:30. Coyr. ;)

Gameweek 15 table
upload_2018-12-7_20-47-6.jpeg

Changes at the top of the Head 2 Head League this week, Toronto Toffees H2H win against Banished to Riyadh takes them to 30 points with Woodys wonder FC, but also takes top spot. :clap: My loss to VILLAREAL keeps me on 27 points with Banished to Riyadh, though BtR stays in 3rd, with me staying in 4th.

Gameweek 15 scores and Gameweek 16 fixtures.
upload_2018-12-7_21-3-3.jpeg

Gameweek 15 table
upload_2018-12-7_21-3-44.jpeg

Because I had a few players in my squad injured I decided to use the 'free hit' option to make loads of changes for this week only, and so far it has backfired spectacularly. :eek: :rolleyes: :LOL: Took Salah out for example, who got 18 points for the hat trick. Out of Robertson and Alexander - Arnold I chose to keep the latter, who didn't play. :rolleyes: Robertson got 9 points. :LOL: As soon as I put Aubameyang and Lacazette in, they don't score, :confused: and indeed Lacazette only played half a game. :LOL:

Fingers crossed the rest of the ones I have chosen show up like they have over the last few weeks. ;) Or this could be very bad. :oops: :$

Btw, I will gladly sell Salah permanently if it mean he starts scoring hat tricks every week. ;)

Because I had a few players in my squad injured I decided to use the 'free hit' option to make loads of changes for this week only, and so far it has backfired spectacularly. :eek: :rolleyes: :LOL: Took Salah out for example, who got 18 points for the hat trick. Out of Robertson and Alexander - Arnold I chose to keep the latter, who didn't play. :rolleyes: Robertson got 9 points. :LOL: As soon as I put Aubameyang and Lacazette in, they don't score, :confused: and indeed Lacazette only played half a game. :LOL:

Fingers crossed the rest of the ones I have chosen show up like they have over the last few weeks. ;) Or this could be very bad. :oops: :$

Btw, I will gladly sell Salah permanently if it mean he starts scoring hat tricks every week. ;)

I often find its better to leave well alone. Your normal team would have scored loads of points; Salah 21, Robertsone 11 and Hazard 9. I thinks its 1% good judgement and 99% luck.

You can leave things as is, but if you see problems you can attempt to fix them. Here I had the opportunity to make a big adjustment because a few big players would not be playing, rather than small changes each week, or a lot of changes and lose points. And so far, it has backfired. :( :rolleyes: :LOL:

Fingers crossed Richarlison and and Sigurdsson do some big numbers on Monday to stop me losing big. ;) I want them to do well for the week I have them, but only this week. :LOL:

I'm out of touch on the premiership, is Aguero f**kered? His got a deep red exclamation mark beside his name, I take it this isn't good? :D

Back