The Tool

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I keep telling Em that she has nothing to worry about when it comes to her body, but I have the same fears of my own.

So I decided to do an image of myself to try and get over it and to show Em life's to short.

Sorry for posting this here.

I hope your eyes heal soon! .. And DON'T Laugh!!! (... or be sick :puke:)

.. OK laugh we did!! :LOL::LOL:

Me.. Scars and all.............. Am I really doing this???

The Tool...
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Nothing wrong with that Gav, and well done for being brave (y)

Brave or stupid Not a cat in hells chance.
That is a great pose and well taken as well, I still say it your portrait images get better and better.
Cheers Dave, much appreciated, I feel sick now though :LOL:

At the end of the day if you are enjoying doing these portraits ( and learning ), then that's a great thing.
Think I'm learning something, but I am enjoying the process (y)

This is the work I love to see! You’ve made yourself vulnerable for the sake of your art, very well done!

No need to preface it either and I totally get why you do but you owned so keep it up

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the work I love to see! You’ve made yourself vulnerable for the sake of your art, very well done!

No need to preface it either and I totally get why you do but you owned so keep it up
Thank you, really appreciate it (y)

Nice work @Gav. great to see you pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. Better still, from a photographic point of view, I like this image. The lighting is very flattering to both your body and skin, an interesting pose too for a self portrait. Thanks for sharing
Thank you (y)

From "terrified to show my face" to "getting my kit off" in two weeks. :LOL:

Again, it's just a bit flat, Gav. Could use a levels tweak. :)

From "terrified to show my face" to "getting my kit off" in two weeks. :LOL:

Again, it's just a bit flat, Gav. Could use a levels tweak. :)
Thank you, Dean, the trouble with me and the way I think, if I think too much it'll never happen, so I just throw myself at it, still feel sick looking back at it though :LOL:

Cheers for Crit, I'll take a look (y)

It's brave & it's very nicely done.

I like a bit more contrast to bring out musculature - both in the lighting and the processing - but those are details, really.
Thank you (y)
I appreciate the Crit, I'll take a look, the set up was from another go with Em, I should have adjusted it, lots to learn :)

Hi, I had another look at the edit, I think I may have lost some of the contrast trying to match my pale white skin against my lower arms and face.

Thank you again for crit, still need to play with the light

The Tool MK II
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Back